Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
PM Modi inaugurates Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose museum at Red Fort
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the Subhash Chandra Bose museum at the iconic Red Fort in New Delhi to mark the leader’s 122nd birth anniversary.
- He also inaugurated the Yaad-e-Jallian Museum on the Jallianwala Bagh and World War I, the Museum on 1857- India’s first war of Independence and Drishyakala-Museum on Indian Art within the Red Fort complex.
- The Museum on Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose and Indian National Army provides a detailed account of Subhash Chandra Bose and the history of Indian National Army.
- It also showcases various arte facts related to Subhash Chandra Bose and INA.
- The arte facts include wooden chair and sword used by Netaji, medals, badges, uniforms and other arte facts related to INA.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
Israel, US successfully test ballistic missile interceptors
- The Israel and US countries have successfully tested ballistic missile interceptors deployed at Israeli airbases.
- The tests came a day after the latest deadly exchange of fire between Israel and Iranian forces operating in Syria.
- The Arrow 3 interceptor system, designed to shoot down missiles above the atmosphere, was deployed at air force bases across Israel two years ago.
|Israel Currency||New Shekel|
|USA Capital||Washington, D.C.|
|USA Currency||US Dollar|
|USA President||Donald Trump|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATE
2-Day Global Investors Summit begins in Chennai
- The two-day Global Investors Summit, being organised by Tamil Nadu government, held in Chennai.
- It is being participated by about five thousand delegates from industries in India and abroad.
- In the inaugural event, the Adani Group Chief Executive Officer Karan Adani committed an investment of 12 thousand crore rupees in its Kattuppalli port expansion project.
- The Ford Motors inaugurated it’s Global Technology and Business Facility at its sprawling Sholinganallur campus in Chennai.
- More investment commitments are expected to be made during the ongoing two-day interactions.
|Tamil Nadu Capital||Chennai|
|Tamil Nadu Chief Minister||Edappadi K. Palaniswami|
|Tamil Nadu Governor||Banwarilal Purohit|
Maharashtra cabinet approves Rs. 25 crore for Divyangs
- In a move that will benefit around 650 Divyang (differently-abled) people in the state, the Maharashtra cabinet gave its approval to provide Rs. 25 crore aid to them as part of a scheme.
- Each Divyang person will get a financial help of Rs 3.75 lakh to purchase eco-friendly vehicles and start mobile vehicle shops.
- The decision is aimed at making the differently-abled persons financially independent.
|Maharashtra Chief Minister||DevendraFadnavis|
|Maharashtra Governor||C. VidyasagarRao|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
YES Bank ties up with Maharashtra to on board fair price shops as BCs
- The Maharashtra government has partnered with private sector lender YES Bank, under its e-PDS State programme, to onboard fair price shops (FPS) as Business Correspondent Agents.
- As part of the initiative, the lender will engage fair price shops to provide banking services such as small-value cash deposits into any bank account, including domestic remittances and withdrawal from any bank account via Aadhaar-enabled payment system.
- Such shops will also be able to collect digital payments through Aadhaar-enabled payments for ration, and will also offer value-added services such as bill payments and mobile recharges.
|Yes Bank Headquarters||Mumbai|
|Yes Bank MD and CEO||RanaKapoor|
|Yes Bank Tagline||Experience our Expertise|
ICICI Bank, top arranger of bond issues this fiscal
- ICICI Bank has become the top arranger of bond issues for the period between April and December 2018.
- According to data from Prime Database, the private sector bank helped Indian firms raise ₹95,856.10 crore through bonds and non-convertible debentures through 107 issues.
- This was followed by Axis Bank, which helped India Inc raise ₹93,296.27 crore from such instruments through a total of 101 issues.
- According to the data, Indian companies raised a total of ₹65 lakh crore from bonds and NCDs through 1,547 issues between April 1 and December 31 last year.
|ICICI Bank Headquarters||Mumbai|
|ICICI Bank MD and CEO||SandeepBakhshi|
|ICICI Bank Tagline||Hum Hain Na!|
Government revives plan to change fiscal year to Jan-Dec: Reports
- The government has reportedly revived plans to change the fiscal year to January-December from the April-March period.
- This is expected to help the government include monsoon forecast in Budget projections, thereby ensuring better allocation of resources to agricultural sector.
- India has been following the April-March fiscal year since 1867, in line with what the British government had followed.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATIONS
Central Bank of India Executive Director demits office
- BK Divakara demitted office as Executive Director (ED) of Central Bank of India after completion of his fixed tenure of five years.
- He had taken charge as ED of the public sector bank on January 23, 2014. Prior to joining Central Bank of India, Divakara was General Manager with Corporation Bank.
|Central Bank of India Headquarters||Mumbai|
|Central Bank of India MD and CEO||PallavMohapatra|
|Central Bank of India Tagline||Central to you since 1911|
Agyey Kumar joins as Executive Director in Punjab National Bank
- Punjab National Bank has a new Executive Director Agyey Kumar Azad.
- He was previously General Manager at Bank of India and was posted at Nairobi, Kenya, as Country Head.
- Azad, who has 33 years of experience in the banking industry, assumed charge as PNB Executive Director.
- At present, PNB has two Executive Directors. The other existing Executive Director is LV Prabhakar.
|Punjab National Bank Headquarters||New Delhi|
|Punjab National Bank MD and CEO||Sunil Mehta|
|Punjab National Bank Tagline||The name you can bank upon|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONOURS
97-year-old Kerala student made Commonwealth Learning’s Goodwill Ambassador
- KarthyayaniAmma, 97, who had bagged the first rank in the ‘Aksharalaksham’ literacy exam conducted by the Kerala government in November last year, has been honoured by the Commonwealth of Learning.
- The Canada-based organisation which works for the promotion of education in Commonwealth countries declared the Alappuzha native as their goodwill ambassador.
- Commonwealth of Learning’s goodwill Vice-President Balasubramaniam visited KarthyayaniAmma, who is busy preparing for her Class 4 equivalent exam, to hand over the award in person.
|Commonwealth of Learning Headquarters||Vancouver, Canada|
|Commonwealth of Learning President||AshaKanwar|
|Commonwealth of Learning Membership||The 53 member states of the Commonwealth of Nations|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
World’s longest 3D-printed concrete bridge opens in China
The world’s longest 3D-printed concrete pedestrian bridge, which is 26.3 metre-long and 3.6-metre-wide, opened in China’s Shanghai.
The bridge is made out of 44 hollowed-out 3D printed concrete blocks which were printed by two robotic arms in a span of 19 days.
The newly-opened bridge has a technology that supplies data which also includes vibrating wire stress sensors.
|China President||Xi Jinping|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
21-yr-old Rishabh Pant named ICC Men’s Emerging Cricketer of 2018
India’s 21-year-old wicketkeeper-batsman Rishabh Pant has been named the ICC Men’s Emerging Cricketer of the Year 2018. Last year, Pant became the first Indian wicketkeeper to score a Test hundred in England and equalled the record for most catches taken in a Test, with 11 in Adelaide in December. Pant is the third Indian to be honoured with this award.
|ICC Headquarters||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|ICC Chairman||Shashank Manohar|
Mohammed Shami is the fastest Indian bowler to reach 100 ODI wickets
- Mohammed Shami became the fastest Indian bowler to claim 100 ODI wickets, during the first one-dayer against New Zealand at Napier.
- Shami reached the milestone in his 56th match, with the wicket of opener Martin Guptill.
- The Indian record was previously held by IrfanPathan, who got there in his 59th match, against Pakistan in Abu Dhabi in 2006.
- The world record is currently held by Afghanistan leg-spinner Rashid Khan, who needed only 44 games to reach the mark.
- Some of the other Indians in the list include Zaheer Khan (65 matches), AjitAgarkar (67 matches) and JavagalSrinath (68 matches).
/ 5. Reviews