Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
Kalaburagi Airport Inaugurated Under UDAN
- Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yediyurappa inaugurated the newly-constructed Kalaburagi airport which will now connect Bengaluru with the Hyderabad-Karnataka region
- The first flight from Kalaburagi Airport to Kempegowda International Airport, Bengaluru took off today after the inauguration of Kalaburagi airport
- The airport has been built under the UDAN-RCS Scheme of Govt. of India and is spread across 742 acres and developed at an estimated cost of Rs. 176 crores.
- So far, 230 routes and 42 airports have been operationalized under UDAN. UDAN will connect all States and UTs of the country with around 700 routes, laying the foundation of a new regional segment in India’s aviation market.
AP bureaucrat to head panel on petrochemical investment
- The Centre has appointed senior Andhra Pradesh bureaucrat Rajat Bhargava as head of a high-level committee to suggest necessary policy initiatives for attracting more investments into the Petroleum, Chemicals and Petrochemical Investment Regions (PCPIR) in the country.
- Bhargava, the AP Industry and Infrastructure Principal Secretary, was appointed by the Union Department of Chemicals and Petrochemicals.
Jal Shakti Minister releases short documentary film on Water Conservation named ‘SHIKHAR SE PUKAR’
- Union Minister for Jal Shakti Gajendra Singh Shekhawat released a short documentary film on Water Conservation named ‘SHIKHAR SE PUKAR’ in New Delhi.
- The film has been made to promote ‘Jalshakti Abhiyan’ and is based on the Journey of an IAS Officer Ravindra Kumar, who climbed Everest this year to attract the attention of people from top of the Everest on the serious issue of Water Conservation and stopping Water Pollution.
- It also picturizes the difficulties and challenges in climbing the highest peak of the world.
|Ministry of Jal Shakti|
|Union Minister||Gajendra Singh Shekhawat|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATES
4-day Northeast festival in Varanasi
- A four-day festival showcasing art, culture, cuisine, handicrafts and handlooms of the northeastern region will be held for the first time in Varanasi.
- ‘Destination North East’ festival, which will begin in the temple town of Uttar Pradesh, will exhibit the striking similarities between the Ganga and Brahmaputra basins in terms of ancient culture, diverse handlooms and silk products, spiritual heritage and vibrant tourist hubs.
- All eight Northeastern states will participate the event, to be held at the IIT (BHU) ground, to display their handicrafts, handloom, organic products and cultural troupes.
- During the festival, the visitors will have live experience of the artisans and artistes from the Northeast working on their looms and crafts, performing their songs and dances in the open stage.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
Oxford Dictionaries declares ‘climate emergency’ the word of 2019
- Oxford Dictionaries has named “climate emergency” as its 2019 Word of the Year, choosing it from an all-environmental shortlist that also included “climate action,” “climate denial,” “eco-anxiety,” “extinction” and “flight shame.”
- The Word of the Year citation is intended to highlight “a word or expression shown through usage evidence to reflect the ethos, mood, or preoccupations of the passing year, and have a lasting potential as a term of cultural significance.”
- Usage of the term “climate emergency” is up 10,789 percent over the previous year
- In 2019, “climate” became the most common word associated with “emergency”, three times more than “health emergency” in second.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATION
Devendra Fadnavis takes oath as Maharashtra CM, Ajit Pawar as Deputy CM
- In an unexpected turn of events, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Devendra Fadnavis and Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) leader Ajit Pawar took oath as Maharashtra Chief Minister and Deputy Chief Minister respectively.
|Maharashtra CM||Devendra Fadnavis|
|Maharashtra Governor||Bhagat Singh Koshyari|
EC appoints Mrinal Kanti Das as Special Police Observer for Jharkhand assembly polls
- The Election Commission has appointed Mrinal Kanti Das, a retired 1977 IPS officer as Special Police Observer for the ensuing Assembly election in Jharkhand.
- The Commission took the decision in the light of the specific challenges of Left Wing Extremism affecting the law and order situation in the state.
- Earlier, Mr Das was deputed as Special Observer for Tripura and Mizoram during the 2019 Lok Sabha elections
|Jharkhand CM||Raghubar Das|
|Jharkhand Governor||Draupadi Murmu|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
OECD Cuts Global Growth to 2.9% in 2020
- The world economy is projected to grow by a decade-low 2.9 percent this year and 2020, the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) said in its latest Economic Outlook.
- Also, OECD sees the global economic growth edging back up to 3% in 2021.
|Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)|
|Secretary Generals||José Ángel Gurría Treviño|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
Modern railway coach factory to use humanoid robot ‘Sona 1.5’
- The modern railway coach factory is establishing new dimensions in the field of modernity. A humanoid robot ‘Sona 1.5’ is a full-service robot made in India which can be used to transport documents from one place to another in the modern railway coach factory.
- The humanoid robot ‘Sona 1.5’, built by Najavunjpavad Jaipur, was tested.
- It is the first robot in the world with human-like spine technology due to which they are able to balance. The design of Sona 1.5 is much more unique than the current robot designs.
- This robot is based on navigation and mapping and due to which it is much better than other robots.
Microsoft launches ‘K-12 Education Transformation Framework’ to facilitate digital transformation of schools
- Microsoft has launched its “K-12 Education Transformation Framework” to facilitate comprehensive digital transformation of schools in India, a model which has been adopted in over 50 countries so far.
- According to officials at Microsoft’s Education wing, the framework comprises four pillars — leadership and policy, modern teaching and learning, intelligent environments and technology blueprint.
- Over 700 schools had participated in the “Education Days” conducted by the tech giant where the framework was launched.
- To help school principals initiate their journey of digital transformation, the programme will offer a series of workshops based on each of these pillars. Education leaders in more than 50 countries have already adopted the framework to help plan their learning strategies.
- The framework is aimed at providing education leadership,government decision makers, teachers and most importantly learners, tools to achieve the ambitious change many schools seek, and to thoughtfully integrate technology in powerful and productive ways.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOU
IIM Indore inks MoU with Lal Bahadur Shastri Academy
- IIM Indorehas signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration (LBSNAA), Mussoorie.
- The MoU has been signed with a view to exchange faculty members for various training programmes.
- The MoU signed by Prof Himanshu Rai, Director, IIM Indore, and Sanjeev Chopra, Director, LBSNAA, intends to strengthen technical cooperation between the two institutes through sharing experiences, best practices and knowledge in the area of capacity building of public officials and public private education.
- The two organisations have agreed for joint participation in research activities of common interest in the areas of public administration, management and public policy.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONOURS
Indian journalist Neha Dixit among recipients of International Press Freedom Award
- Indian journalist Neha Dixit was one of several recipients of the 2019 International Press Freedom Awards, awarded by the Committee to Protect Journalists (CPJ), a non-profit organization whose aim is to enable journalists to work without the fear of reprisal.
- Dixit, a Delhi-based journalist who reports on politics, social justice and gender in South Asia, has faced harassment both online and offline for her work, which includes reports on child trafficking by Hindu nationalist organizations, madrasas in Delhi, and the use of child soldiers by Maoist groups.
- Dixit has also received threats from top police officers for her stories on extra-judicial killings.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: RANKING
Global Terrorism Index 2019
- The Global Terrorism Index released by the Australia based Institute for Economics & Peace (IEP) ranks 163 countries according to the impact of terrorism on the basis of factors such as the number of attacks, fatalities, injuries and the extent of property damage.
- Afghanistan was the country most impacted by terrorism in 2018, replacing Iraq, which had held that position since 2004.
- India has been placed at 7th position in terms of country most impacted by terrorism.
- Since 2002, all the countries have remained on the 10 most impacted list apart from the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENCE
First woman pilot of Indian Navy to join operations on December 2
- First woman pilot of Indian Navy will join Naval operations here on December 2, two days ahead of Navy Day on December 4.
- The first woman pilot, Lieutenant Shivangi, will join naval operations on completion of operational training here on December 2.
- Shivangi will graduate to become the First female Pilot of Indian Navy. She hails from Muzzafarpur, Bihar.
- Shivangi will join naval operations as a Lieutenant on completion of her operational training which she has been undergoing at the Southern Naval Command in Kochi.
US approves sale of $1 billion worth of naval guns to India
- The Trump Administration has notified to the US Congress its determination to sell $1 billion worth of naval guns to India for use against warships, anti-aircraft and shore bombardment, in a move that would enhance the lethal capabilities of the Indian Navy.
- The proposed foreign military sale of up to 13 MK-45 5inch/62 caliber (MOD 4) naval guns and related equipment is at an estimated cost of $1.02 billion.
- To be manufactured by the BAE Systems Land and Armaments, the proposed sale will improve India’s capability to meet current and future threats from enemy weapon systems.
- The MK-45 Gun System will provide the capability to conduct anti-surface warfare and anti-air defence missions while enhancing interoperability with US and other allied forces
|US Capital||Washington DC|
|US President||Donald Trump|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARIES
Veteran actor Shaukat Kaifi passes away in Mumbai
- Veteran actor and Shabana Azmi’s mother Shaukat Kaifi passed away in Mumbai
- Her last film was Shaadi Ali’s ‘Saathiya’.
- She and her husband were leading lights of the Indian People’s Theatre Association (IPTA) and the Progressive Writers Association (IWA), which were the cultural platforms of the Communist Party of India.