Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
MoS HRDShri Sanjay Dhotre inaugurates the exhibition on clean air technologies at IIT Delhi
- The exhibition showcases clean air technologies developed by IIT Bombay, IIT Ropar, IIT (ISM) Dhanbad and IIT Delhi. The Government of India is making serious efforts to drastically reduce pollution levels in the country.
- Union Minister of State for Human Resource Development Shri Sanjay Dhotre inaugurated the exhibition organised by Centre of Excellence for Research on Clean Air technologies at the Indian Institute of Technology Delhi .
- The exhibition showcases clean air technologies developed by IIT Bombay, IIT Ropar, IIT (ISM) Dhanbadand IIT Delhi. IIT Delhi showcased the work it had carried out in the area of clean air through start-ups incubated at IIT Delhi namely Aerogram and Kriya Labs.
Shri Nityanand Rai presides over the Valedictory Session of 1st ‘National Conference on Coastal Disaster Risk Reduction and Resilience (CDRR&R) – 2020’
- Union Minister of State for Home Affairs, Shri Nityanand Rai presided over the valedictory session of the 1st‘National Conference on Coastal Disaster Risk Reduction and Resilience (CDRR&R) – 2020’, organised by the National Institute of Disaster Management (NIDM), in New Delhi .
- The one-day conference focussed on enhancing human capacity in terms of better understanding about coastal disaster risks and effective collaborative actions, by implementing Prime Minister’s 10-point agenda and Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction, for reducing the risk and enhancing the resilience amongst the affected stakeholders.
- The aim of the conference was to explore and debate the most recent advances in the discipline, to enhance the understanding of the issues and solutions on various facets for coastal disaster risk reduction and resilience. It also emphasised on dissemination of information related to national and local strategies for coastal disaster risk reduction and resilience as well as to develop a network mode roadmap for addressing the gaps by engaging with the institutions, researchers and experts. More than 175 participants from various central and state organisation/departments attended the conference.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
India and US sign defence deals worth 3 billion dollars
- India and the United States finalized defence deals worth three billion dollars and signed three agreements, including in health and oil sectors.
- A Memorandum of Understanding was signed on mental health between the health departments of both the two countries. Another MoU on the safety of medical products was signed between the Central Drugs Standard Control Organization with the US Food and Drug Administration.
- A Letter of Cooperation was signed between Indian Oil Corporation Limited and Exxon Mobil India LNG Limited and Chart Industries Inc, US.
- The Prime Minister stated, they have decided to enhance efforts to hold supporters of terrorism accountable and agreed on new mechanism to contain drug trafficking.
- Prime Minister added that both countries are committed to openness, fair and balanced trade and have decided to enhance strategic energy partnership.
Recent news related to USA:
- The United States of America removed the “developing” tag for dozens of countries. India is one amongst them. These countries are to be classified as developed economies.
- India to partially open up Poultry and Diary Markets to imports from US
- United States approved sale of Integrated Air Defence Weapon System to India. The cost of the system is estimated as 1.86 billion USD.
Pranab Mukherjee to address Bangladesh Parliament on Mujib Centenary
- Former President Pranab Mukherjee will be invited to address the special session of Bangladesh Parliament, Jatiya Sangsad, on the occasion of the centenary year of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman. This was announced in Dhaka by the Press Secretary to President of Bangladesh. Nepalese President Bidhya Devi Bhandari will also be invited to address the special session.
- A parliament secretariat spokesman stated this would be the third such instance when foreign dignitaries would address Bangladesh’s parliament.
- The special session of the Jatiya Sangsad is scheduled to be held on March 22 and 23.The Mujib Centenary year will kick off on March 17 in Dhaka.
- Capital: Dhaka
- Currency: Bangladeshi taka
- Prime minister: Sheikh Hasina
3,000 kilometre long power grid from Myanmar-Thailand to India: BIMSTEC
- Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation (BIMSTEC) is working on connecting about 3,000-kilometre long power grid from Myanmar-Thailand to India. This was announced by the Energy Adviser to the Prime Minister of Bangladesh Dr Tawfiq-E-Elahi Chowdhury while inaugurating the energy conference of BIMSTEC in Dhaka .
- He stated that the grid connectivity would ensure better capacity utilization by complementing member country’s demand and supply situation. consumers will also benefit as the price of electricity will come down and they will get uninterrupted power supply.
- The Adviser stated that Asian Development Bank (ADB) and Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) are interested in investing in BIMSTEC regional power grid. BIMSTEC countries had signed a Memorandum of Understanding for establishing a regional power grid in 2018. He stated that Bangladesh is in discussions with Nepal and Bhutan for trilateral power trade. He further stated that regional energy integration will help build an integrated system in the region.
- BIMSTEC is a regional grouping with seven countries from South and Southeast Asia including Bangladesh, India, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Thailand , Nepal and Bhutan. It aims to promote regional cooperation for rapid economic development.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
Canara Bank ‘Insta-Demat’ facility
- Canara Bank Securities Limited, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Canara Bank, has launched a facility to open ‘Insta-Demat’ accounts online, in association with the National Securities Depositories Limited (NSDL).
- The NSDL Insta-Demat account facility can also be used by clients for various purposes, such as applying for an IPO and NFO. Involving zero paperwork, customers of Canara Bank can login through net banking or mobile banking application and open hassle-free online Insta-Demat accounts without submitting documents.,stated the bank.
About Canara Bank:
- CEO: Lingam Venkat Prabhakar
- Headquarters: Bengaluru
- Founder: Ammembal Subba Rao Pai
RBI lifts ban on Bandhan Bank network expansion
- The Reserve Bank allowed Bandhan Bank to expand its branch network after considering the efforts made by the private lender to comply with the licensing conditions.
- The central bank in September 2018 had barred Bandhan Bank from expanding its network as the lender failed to reduce the promoters’ stake to 40 per cent from close to 82 per cent within the stipulated three-year time frame of commencing operations.
- Bandhan Bank may explore “inorganic opportunities” to reduce promoter stake
- Currently, the promoters’ holding in the bank is 62 per cent. The bank stated RBI has lifted the regulatory restriction on branch opening, subject to the condition that the bank ensures that at least 25 per cent of the total number of banking outlets opened during a financial year are opened in unbanked rural centres, it added.
- Bandhan Bank had commenced operations on August 23, 2015. According to RBI’s bank licence norms, a private sector bank’s promoter will need to pare holding to 40 per cent within three years, 20 per cent within 10 years and to 15 per cent within 15 years.
- Bandhan Bank currently has 4,288 banking outlets, including branches. Shares of Bandhan Bank jumped nearly 5 per cent in early market.
About Bandhan Bank:
- Headquarters: Kolkata
- CEO: Chandra Shekhar Ghosh
- Founded: 2001
- Chairperson: Anup Kumar Sinha
RBI announces 2 LTROs for three-year tenors worth Rs 250 bn in March
- The Reserve Bank announced two long-term repo operations (LTROs) for three-year tenors worth Rs 25,000 crore (Rs 250 billion) each to be conducted on March 2 and March 9.
- The reversal date of LTRO on March 2, 2020 is March 1, 2023 while for LTRO to be conducted on March 9, 2020, it will be March 7, 2023.
- In the sixth bi-monthly policy, the RBI had announced term repurchase agreements (repos) of one-year and three-year tenors for a total amount of Rs 1 trillion at the policy repo rate, from the fortnight beginning on February 15.
- LTROs are aimed at helping banks to reduce their lending rates, thereby quickening the monetary policy transmission.
- The RBI has already conducted two LTROs for three-year and one-year tenor for Rs 25,000 crore each on February 17 and February 24, respectively.
- In the February 17 LTRO for three years, it received bids of more than Rs 1.94 trillion. In the second LTRO for one-year tenor conducted on February 24, RBI got 52 bids amounting to Rs 1.23 trillion.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
IRDAI sets up panel to examine whether life insurers can offer indemnity-based health policies
- The insurance regulator IRDAI has set up a committee to examine whether life insurers can offer indemnity based health policies.
- IRDAI has now set up a nine-member committee led by MR Kumar, Chairman, Life Insurance Corporation of India to look into the issue.
- The committee will look into the feasibility and the business scope for Life insurance companies to offer indemnity based health insurance products and current statutory provisions that are applicable in this regard.
- It is expected to submit its recommendations within two months.
- The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) had in 2016 issued new Health Insurance Regulations under which it had barred life insurers from selling indemnity-based health insurance products either as an individual or a group policy and also from offering single premium health insurance product under the unit-linked platform.
- It had allowed only general insurers and health insurers to offer individual health products with a minimum tenure of one year and a maximum tenure of three years, provided that the premium remains unchanged for the tenure.
- Life insurers have to tie up with a general or health insurance company to provide health plus life combi products.
- Founded: 1999
- Sector: Insurance
- Headquarters: Hyderabad
- Chairperson: Subhash Chandra Khuntia
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATES
Losar festival celebrated in Himachal Pradesh
- Hundreds of people from the Buddhist community gathered at different temples in the state to celebrate the Losar festival.
- People celebrated Losar Festival, on the first day of the lunisolar Tibetan calendar, at Dharamshala.
- Cultural events were held in different parts of the state as the Tibetan community celebrated the festival.
About Himachal Pradesh
- Capital- Shimla
- Chief Minister -Jai Ram Thakur
- Governor- Bandaru Dattatreya
Himachal Pradesh: First to achieve 100% LPG coverage
- Himachal Pradesh became the 1st state in the country to have 100% LPG coverage due to the implementation of PMUY (Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana) scheme.
- Under the scheme except families having a pensioner, income taxpayer or any member employed with the government, board, corporation etc, all households of the state without an LPG connection were eligible.
- Nearly 2.64 lakh free gas connections were provided through the state funded Himachal Grihini Suvidha Yojana & 36 lakh were benefited through PMUY scheme
About PMUY scheme
- PMUY scheme aims to safeguard the health of women & children by providing them with a clean cooking fuel – LPG.
- Launched-1st May, 2016.
4,000-yr-old crafts village unearthed near Varanasi
- A nearly 4,000-year-old urban settlement has been unearthed by a team of surveyors from the Banaras Hindu University (BHU), which experts say could be one of the craft villages mentioned in ancient texts.
- The university’s Department of Ancient Indian History, Culture and Archaeology, which did the preliminary survey of the site at Babhaniyav village, 13 km from Varanasi.
- The survey found a temple dating back to the 5th century through the 8th century, potteries which are 4,000-year-old and walls that are 2,000-year-old.
- Crafts villages have been earlier unearthed in Sarnath, Tilmapur, Ramnagar and other areas, Babhaniyav is an addition. They have also found a pillar with a two-line text in Kushan Brahmi script which makes the findings at least 3,500-4,000 years old.
About Uttar Pradesh
- Capital- Lucknow
- Prime Minister- Yogi Adityanath
- Governor- Anandiben Patel
Madhya Pradesh launches unified vehicle registration card
- Madhya Pradesh has become the first state in the country to launch the unified vehicle registration card.
- MP is only the second state to launch a unified driving license, after Uttar Pradesh.
- These unified smart cards for driving license and vehicle registration will each have a QR code that will help in verifying authenticity of the data printed on the cards.
- The unified driving license card will also have information about the ability of the driver to drive in hilly and dangerous areas, and an emergency contact number.
About Madhya Pradesh
- Capital- Bhopal
- Prime Minister- Kamal Nath
- Governor- Lalji Tandon
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOU
NMCG signs agreement to develop ghats in Badrinath and Gangotri
- A tripartite Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was inked among the National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG), State Programme Management Group-Uttarakhand (SPMG-UK) and Indorama Charitable Trust (ICT) to work together for giving a facelift to the bathing ghat at Badrinath and ghat and crematoria at Gangotri in Uttarakhand.
- The cost outlay of the project is Rs 26 crore. It will be financed by Indrona Group as part of its Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR). The project is under the Clean Ganga Mission.The project’s implementation will commence by this March and is expected to be completed in 15 months. The MoU was signed in the presence of Gajendra Singh Shekhawat, Jal Shakti Minister.
- Gangotri and Badrinath are part of the “Char DhamYatra”. Shekhawat stated this project was being taken up under the government initiative of “Har Kaam Desh Ke Naam”. The detailed Project Report (DPR) has been developed by WAPCOS, a Government of India Enterprise.
- Project includes
- Development of Badrinath and Gangotri ghats include the changing room, toilet with bio-digester and reed bed, water spout, chhatri, platform, signage, horticulture work and railing
- Public amenities on ghats
- Bank erosion protection works
- Operation & Maintenance for five years
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATION
Togo’s President Faure Gnassingbé wins fourth term
- Togo President Faure Gnassingbe has won a fourth term in power.
- The incumbent leader took 72 percent of the vote share in the first round of the presidential election, far ahead of former prime minister Agbeyome Kodjo, with 18 percent.
- Gnassingbe has led the country of eight million people since taking over in 2005 following the death of his father Gnassingbe Eyadema, who ruled with an iron fist for 38 years.
- Capital– Lome, Togo
- Currency– West African CFA franc
- Prime Minister– Komi Selom Klassou
TransUnion Cibil ropes in Rajesh Kumar as MD, CEO
- TransUnion Cibil, the largest credit information bureau, appointed Rajesh Kumar of HDFC Bank as its new managing director and chief executive.
- Kumar succeeds Satish Pillai who has moved to become the president of Asia region business of the US-based company.
About TransUnion Cibil
- Headquarter- Mumbai
- Full Form- Credit Information Bureau of India Ltd
South Sudan rebel leader Machar sworn in as vice president
- South Sudan’s rebel leader Riek Machar has been sworn in as first vice president.
- Four other vice presidents from the current regime and other opposition groups will also form part of a bloated government of 35 ministers, in addition to 550 lawmakers.
About South Sudan
- Currency- South Sudanese pound
- President- Salva Kiir Mayardit
Indian-origin minister Suella Braverman sworn in as UK’s new Attorney General
- Indian-origin Suella Braverman, appointed the UK’s new Attorney General in British Prime Minister Boris Johnson’s reshuffled Cabinet earlier this month, was formally sworn in for the post at a ceremony at the Royal Courts of Justice in London.
- The 39-year-old minister, a barrister and Cambridge University law graduate who specialised in public law and judicial review, stated that her priority will be to restore confidence in the justice system.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONOURS
Lifetime Achievement Award conferred on TNAU VC N Kumar
- University Vice-Chancellor Dr N Kumar has been conferred the ‘Lifetime Achievement Award’ by ICAR National Research Centre for Banana,
- The award was conferred during the four-day International Conference on Banana 2020, in recognition to his specific contribution to banana industry through systematic banana breeding programmes which was started in TNAU during 1998.
- This has led to the development of synthetic hybrids such as H. 212, NPH -02-01, H. 531 which are resistant to biotic stresses, of which H-212 was released as CO2 for commercial cultivation during January this year.
- The bio-priming technology developed in hill banana helps have disease free plantations.
HRD Minister Pokhriyal presents Chhatra Vishwakarma Awards to 23 teams
- Union Minister of Human Resources Development (HRD), Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’, presented the Vishwakarma Awards 2019 to the winners in New Delhi.
- The valedictory function of the Awards was organised in the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
- A total of 23 teams under various subcategories were recipients of the Chatra Vishwakarma Awards (CVA). Six institutes were felicitated by the Union Minister under the Utkrisht Santhan Vishwakarma Award (USVA).
- During the event, four MoUs were also exchanged between AICTE & IIT Kanpur, IIT Ropar, IIT Bhubaneshwar, and IISER Pune in the presence of the HRD Minister.
- The MoUs are aimed at creating internship opportunities for the students of J&K with an objective to provide such students an exposure to the academic culture at higher learning Institutes and to inspire, empower, and enhance their employability.
- Pokhriyal also launched the digital version of the AICTE Activity Book, hosted on the AICTE web portal. The Activity Book provides a comprehensive compilation of important initiatives and schemes being run by the Council for its stakeholders. It also has an active dashboard that shall continually provide update on the beneficiaries (facts and figures) of the various schemes and initiatives.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: RANKING
21 Indian cities among world’s 30 most polluted; Ghaziabad tops list
- Delhi topped the list of most polluted capital cities in the world in 2019, which also revealed that 21 of the world’s 30 most polluted cities are in India.
- According to the World Air Quality Report 2019 compiled by IQAir Air Visual, Ghaziabad is the most polluted city in the world, followed by Hotan in China, Gujranwala and Faisalabad in Pakistan and then Delhi in the fifth place.
- The 21 Indian cities which are in world’s 30 most polluted cities, in the order of their ranking, are, Ghaziabad, Delhi, Noida, Gurugram, Greater Noida, Bandhwari, Lucknow, Bulandshahr, Muzaffarnagar, Baghpat, Jind, Faridabad, Coraut, Bhiwadi, Patna, Palwal, Muzaffarpur, Hisar, Kutail, Jodhpur and Moradabad.
- According to country-wise data, India ranked fifth in the world’s most polluted countries with Bangladesh on top of the list followed by Pakistan, Mongolia and Afghanistan.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
ISRO to launch geo imaging satellite on March 5
- The Indian Space Research Organisation stated it is scheduled to launch its geo imaging satellite ‘GISAT-1’ onboard the geosynchronous satellite launch vehicle ‘GSLV-F10’ on March 5.
- The launch is tentatively scheduled at 5:43 pm on March 5, subject to weather conditions, from the second launchpad of Satish Dhawan Space Centre, Sriharikota.
- Weighing about 2,275 kg, GISAT-1 is a state-of-the- art agile earth observation satellite which would be placed in a geosynchronous transfer orbit by GSLV-F10.
- It stated that subsequently, the satellite would reach the final geostationary orbit using its onboard propulsion system.
- According to the space agency, operating from geostationary orbit, GISAT-1 would facilitate near real-time observation of the Indian sub-continent under cloud-free condition at frequent intervals.
- A 4-metre diameter Ogive-shaped payload fairing is being flown for the first time in this GSLV flight, ISRO adding that this is the 14th flight of the GSLV.
- Headquarters: Bengaluru
- Founder: Vikram Sarabhai
- Founded: 15 August 1969
- Parent organisation: Department of Space
- Director: Kailasavadivoo Sivan
Top IITs, IIMs launch iVEIN to promote entrepreneurship
- India’s premier technical and management institutions have joined hands to launch a consortium to boost entrepreneurship ecosystem through high quality research in innovation, venturing and entrepreneurship.
- Called ‘Innovation-Venturing and Entrepreneurship in India Network (iVEIN),’ its founding members are faculty at IIT Madras, IIT Bombay, IIM Bangalore, IIM Calcutta and IIM Kozhikode. The network of institutions will leverage strengths of the partners and would work with other stakeholders such as incubators, government and investors to generate and disseminate knowledge.
- iVEIN was launched on February 15 on the sidelines of Dialogue with Stakeholders event held by the Society for Innovation and Entrepreeurship at IIT Bombay.
- The objectives of iVEIN network include creating an interdisciplinary body of knowledge synthesising multiple perspectives; help in effective policy formulation at multiple levels; develop thought leadership for practice and seed the creation of a society that will organise annual conferences, publish a journal, and architect a data repository in the areas of innovation and entrepreneurship.
- The immediate activity that would be taken up by iVEIN would be to publish the India Innovation, Venture and Entrepreneurship Report. Conceptualised as a biennial publication, the first report would be published in 2020 with the theme: Creating Successful Ventures.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
J&K bags gold in 6th National Ice Stock sports Championship at Ice Rink in Gulmarg
- In Jammu and Kashmir, the hosts bagged gold medal in the 6th National Ice Stock Sports Championship organized at Ice Rink in Gulmarg. Two hundred participants from 18 different states across the country participated in the three-day event .
- The event was organized by J&K Ice Stock Sports Association under the aegis of Indian Ice Stock Sports Federation and sponsored by J&K Tourism Department.
- During the competition in team target event, J&K bagged gold, Haryana bagged silver while Maharashtra and Bihar bagged bronze
- Similarly, in the team game competition Daman and Diu bagged gold, J&K won silver and Madhya Pradesh and Chandigarh got bronze medals.
AITA selection committee keep Leander Paes in playing squad against Croatia
- The All India Tennis Association (AITA) Selection Committee decided to keep veteran Leander Paes in the five-member playing squad for the upcoming Davis Cup tie against Croatia, making Divij Sharan the reserve member.
- Sumit Nagal, Prajnesh Gunneswaran and Ramkumar Ramanathan are the singles players in the squad while Paes and Rohan Bopanna will do the doubles duty. AITA had to send its final squad to the International Tennis Federation
- The national federation had initially announced a six-member squad for the Qualifiers tie, scheduled to be held in Zagreb on the hard courts from 6th to 7th March.
- Croatia is the top-seeded team in the 24-team Qualifiers. The 12 winners will qualify for the year-end Davis Cup Finals while the losing sides will be placed in the World Group I.
About All India Tennis Association:
- President: Praveen Mahajan
- Founded: March 1920
- Affiliation: International Tennis Federation
- Headquarters: R.K. Khanna Tennis Complex, Delhi
Birmingham Commonwealth Games 2022 to be held in Chandigarh, says Punjab Sports Minister
- The events of the shooting and archery as part of the Birmingham Commonwealth Games-2022 will be held in Chandigarh. Punjab Sports Minister Rana Gurmeet Singh Sodhi informed this during Zero Hour in Punjab Vidhan Sabha.
- On the third day of the Budget session, Mr Sodhi stated that it was a matter of pride that the shooting and archery events, which were earlier excluded from the Commonwealth Games, will now be held under Birmingham Commonwealth Games-2022 in
- The Sports Minister expressed his gratitude to the Governor of Punjab V.P. Singh Badnore, Chief Minister Captain Amarinder Singh and especially President of the National Rifle Association of India Raninder Singh, who attended series of meeting of Executive Board of the Commonwealth Games Federation (CGF) in London, for inclusion of these events after which CGF took this decision.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARY
Hosni Mubarak: Former Egyptian passes away
- Former Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak has passed away at the age of 91.
- He served as the fourth president of Egypt from 1981 to 2011.
- Before entering politics, Mubarak served in the Egyptian Air Force.
Pioneering NASA mathematician Katherine Johnson dies at 101
- Katherine Johnson, a mathematician who calculated rocket trajectories and earth orbits for NASA’s early space missions and was later portrayed in the 2016 hit film “Hidden Figures,” about pioneering black female aerospace workers, has died. She was 101.
- Johnson was one of the “computers” who solved equations by hand during NASA’s early years and those of its precursor organization, the National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics.
- Johnson and other black women initially worked in a racially segregated computing unit in Hampton, Virginia, that wasn’t officially dissolved until NACA became NASA in 1958.
DAILY CA 25th FEB
- Govt plans to construct 1,000 more urbanized clusters in rural areas, says Rural Development Minister Narendra Singh Tomar
- Government amends provisions of Arms Act, 1959 and Arms Rules, 2016
- Govt aims to make Chhattisgarh a steel hub of the country: Dharmendra Pradhan
- Union Minister inaugurates National Cyber Research Centre
- Bangladesh records sharp decline in Child malnutrition: UNICEF Survey
- NABARD sanctions over Rs 400 cr to boost infrastructure in J&K
- Central Bank of India plans to exit housing finance subsidiary
- NPCI launches ‘UPI Chalega’ campaign for payment mode to gain currency
- Bank of America expects RBI to build $550-billion forex reserves
- Andhra CM launches ‘Jagananna Vasthi Deevena’ scheme to provide financial assistance to students
- Mumbai Airport Launches World’s Largest Temp-Controlled Facility to Store Agro, Pharma Products
- J&K to set up Tribal Research Institute by next fiscal year
- Abhay Kumar Singh takes over as NHPC CMD, replaces Ratish Kumar
- PM of Malaysia Mahathir Mohamad resigns
- Prez Kovind to present CDRI scientist Niti Kumar with ‘SERB Women Excellence Award’
- Adline Castelino wins Miss Diva Universe 2020
- Hrithik Roshan bags ‘Best Actor award’ at Dadasaheb Phalke International Film Festival
- PM Modi to inaugurate two-day International Judicial Conference 2020 in New Delhi
- G20 finance ministers’, central bankers to meet in Riyadh
- SPICe+ web form launched for ease of doing business
- Government launches mobile app to broaden reach of PM-Kisan scheme
- Sadhguru’s book launched at Isha Yoga Centre
- Dr Manmohan Singh releases Kannada translation of ‘Who is Bharat Mata?
- Sub-Neptune sized planet validated with the habitable-zone planet finder
- Rajnath Singh presents trophies of best marching contingents for Republic Day Parade 2020
- Ladakh all set to host first-ever Khelo India Winter Games
- India to host Commonwealth Shooting and Archery Championships in January 2022
- ICC bans Oman player Yousuf Abdulrahim Al Balushi from all forms of cricket for 7 years
- Mumbai’s twin-sisters bag four medals in swimming at KIUG
- Former Karnataka Minister C Chennigappa passes away
- Larry Tesler, brain behind ‘Copy-Paste’ command, dies at 74
DAILY CA 26th FEB
- MoS HRD Shri Sanjay Dhotre inaugurates the exhibition on clean air technologies at IIT Delhi
- Shri Nityanand Rai presides over the Valedictory Session of 1st ‘National Conference on Coastal Disaster Risk Reduction and Resilience (CDRR&R) – 2020’
- India and US sign defence deals worth 3 billion dollars
- Pranab Mukherjee to address Bangladesh Parliament on Mujib Centenary
- 3,000 kilometre long power grid from Myanmar-Thailand to India: BIMSTEC
- Canara Bank ‘Insta-Demat’ facility
- RBI lifts ban on Bandhan Bank network expansion
- RBI announces 2 LTROs for three-year tenors worth Rs 250 bn in March
- IRDAI sets up panel to examine whether life insurers can offer indemnity-based health policies
- Losar festival celebrated in Himachal Pradesh
- Himachal Pradesh: First to achieve 100% LPG coverage
- 4,000-yr-old crafts village unearthed near Varanasi
- Madhya Pradesh launches unified vehicle registration card
- NMCG signs agreement to develop ghats in Badrinath and Gangotri
- Togo’s President Faure Gnassingbé wins fourth term
- TransUnion Cibil ropes in Rajesh Kumar as MD, CEO
- South Sudan rebel leader Machar sworn in as vice president
- Indian-origin minister Suella Braverman sworn in as UK’s new Attorney General
- Lifetime Achievement Award conferred on TNAU VC N Kumar
- HRD Minister Pokhriyal presents Chhatra Vishwakarma Awards to 23 teams
- 21 Indian cities among world’s 30 most polluted; Ghaziabad tops list
- ISRO to launch geo imaging satellite on March 5
- Top IITs, IIMs launch iVEIN to promote entrepreneurship
- J&K bags gold in 6th National Ice Stock sports Championship at Ice Rink in Gulmarg
- AITA selection committee keep Leander Paes in playing squad against Croatia
- Birmingham Commonwealth Games 2022 to be held in Chandigarh, says Punjab Sports Minister
- Hosni Mubarak: Former Egyptian passes away
- Pioneering NASA mathematician Katherine Johnson dies at 101