Current Affairs preparation is very essential for all candidates who are preparing for the competitive exams. In fact, most of the candidates who clear competitive exams, have done it because of high scores in current affairs. Here we have given tips on current affairs preparation. Not only tips, but also very good study materials are available for you to prepare. We will update current affairs pdf with very quality content. All news from an exam point of view will be covered here. So use this platform exclusively for the current affairs preparation. The preparation of current affairs is an art. It needs some time, patience and also hard work. Only then can you master this section. Many students miss the victory chance due to low scores, only in this section. So realize the importance and prepare with focus.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DAYS
World Youth Skills Day
- The United Nations, at its General Assembly in November 2014, declared 15 July as World Youth Skills Day. World Skills is proud to be part of a global recognition and promotion of skills.
- This year’s theme is Skills for a Resilient Youth in the Era of COVID-19 and Beyond.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
Govt approves Rs 107 cr for fire-fighting facilities at Haldia Dock
- The government has approved Rs 107 crore for modern fire-fighting facilities at Haldia Dock Complex of Kolkata Port to ensure safe cargo operations, especially petro-chemical goods.
- Kolkata Port is one of the top 12 major ports in the country.
- It was approved by Union Minister of State (I/C) for Shipping Shri Mansukh Mandaviya.
- The modern fire-fighting facility will enable Haldia Dock Complex in safe handling of the movement of petro-chemical products.
- The existing fire-fighting facility does not support the handling the LPG and other petroleum products as per the guideline of Oil Industry Safety Directorate (OISD) of the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas.
About Ministry of Shipping
- Union Minister of State for Shipping and Union Minister of State for Chemical and Fertilizers: Mansukh Laxmanbhai Mandaviya
- Constituency: Gujarath
Indian Railways on mission mode of becoming ‘Green Railway’ by 2030
- The Ministry of Railways is on a mission mode with the goal of transforming Indian Railways into Green Railways by 2030 and has taken a number of major initiatives towards mitigation of global warming and combating climate change.
- Railway Electrification, improving the energy efficiency of locomotives and trains and fixed installations, green certification for installations/stations, fitting bio-toilets in coaches and switching to renewable sources of energy are parts of its strategy of achieving net-zero carbon emission.
- Indian Railways has completed electrification of more than 40,000 Route km (RKM) (63 per cent of Broad Gauge routes) in which 18,605 km electrification work has been done during 2014-20. Previously, only 3,835 km electrification work was completed during the period 2009-14. Indian Railways has fixed a target of electrification of 7000 RKM for the year 2020-21.
- All routes on Broad Gauge (BG) network have been planned to be electrified by December
- Indian Railways has also taken a number of initiatives to promote solar energy. Indian Railways is working to harness the potential of 500 Mega Watt (MW) energy through rooftop Solar panels (Developer model). Already awarded for 245 MW and target for completion of these plants is December 2022.
- One project of 7 MW at Bina (Madhya Pradesh) in collaboration with Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) has already been installed and is presently under extensive testing. This is First of its kind of solar project in the world.
- In the wind energy sector, 103 MW wind-based power plants have already been Among them, 26 MW is in Rajasthan (Jaisalmer), 21 MW is in Tamil Nadu and 56.4 MW is in Maharashtra (Sangli). Indian Railways has also planned to set up 200 MW wind energy plants in next 2 years in Tamil Nadu, Gujarat, Rajasthan and Karnataka.
- In the field of Green Initiatives, a total of 69,000 coaches have been fitted with more than 2,44,000 bio-toilets in Indian Railways.
About Ministry of Railways
- Piyush Goyal (Minister), Rajen Gohain (Minister of State)
Indian Railways creates Post Covid Coach for passenger safety
- Indian Railways has created Post Covid Coach to ensure safer journey of passengers.
- This Post Covid Coach has design improvements in the coach like handsfree amenities, copper-coated handrails & latches, plasma air purification and titanium di-oxide coating for Covid free passenger journey.
- Post Covid Coach has handsfree amenities like foot operated water tap & soap dispenser, foot operated lavatory door (outside), foot operated flush valve, foot operated latches in lavatory door, outside washbasin with foot operated water tap and soap dispenser and forearm operated handle on compartment door.
- It is equipped with copper-coated handrails & latches because copper degrades the virus landed on it within few hours. Copper has anti microbial properties. When virus lands on copper, Ion blasts pathogen and destroy the DNA and RNA inside the virus.
- It has of plasma air equipment in AC duct. This plasma air equipment will sterilize the air and surfaces inside the AC coach using ionised air to make the coach Covid-19 and particulate matter resistant. This provision will also improve the ion concentration from 100 ions/cm3 to more than 6000 ions/cm.
- TiO2 is considered to be a safe substance and is harmless to humans. This Titanium Di-oxide coating applied on washbasins, lavatory, seats & berths, snack table, glass window, floor, virtually every surface that comes in human contact. Effective life of this coating is 12 months.
About Indian Railways
- HeadQuarters: New Delhi
- Chairman: Vinod Kumar Yadav
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATES
Tamil Nadu launches television-based learning programme for 10th standard students
- Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Edappadi Palaniswamy has launched a television-based learning programme for the Tenth standard students.
- The state run Kalvi television channel will initially air two-and-a-half hours of teaching programmes for the students during the week days.
- The move is aimed at helping students to continue their studies through the alternative method until the schools reopen.
- Kalvi, meaning education, is a television channel promoted by the Tamil Nadu state education department to support the teaching and learning activities. Now it has evolved as an important tool for the Tenth standard students education, in the absence of physical classrooms.
- In another development, the department has prepared video lessons for the Twelfth-class students. It may be noted that the 11th and 12th students in Government schools are being given free laptops in the state for long. Using the laptops, the students are allowed to download the video lessons from their school computers.
About Tamil Nadu
- Chief minister: Edappadi K. Palaniswami
- Capital: Chennai
- Governor: Banwarilal Purohit
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONORS
Gurbux Singh, Palash Nandi to be honoured with Mohun Bagan Ratna
- Hockey legend Gurbux Singh and former first-class cricketer Palash Nandi will receive this year’s Mohun Bagan Ratna. The club has decided not to hold the customary ‘Mohun Bagan Day’ function on July 29 this year owing to the pandemic.
- July 29 was the date of Bagan’s IFA Shield triumph in 911 when they defeated East Yorkshire Regiment 2-1.
- Ashok Kumar,a member of India’s 1975 World Cup-winning hockey team, will be given the Lifetime Achievement Award along with Pranab Ganguly (football) and Monoranjan Porel(athletics).
- Joseba Beitia will get the best footballer (senior) prize. Sajal Bag (U-18) has been chosen as the best youth player.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOU
UNICEF INDIA announced its partnership with FICCI for #Reimagine Campaign
- UNICEF INDIA announced its partnership with Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry’s (FICCI), Socio-Economic Development Foundation (SEDF) to jointly develop UNICEF’s#Reimagine Campaign to support the most vulnerable populations and children during the COVID-19 response and its after-math in India.
- The partnership will also help avoid potential long-term damage to business operations and employment pipelines, and their most important resource, their personnel, their children and their families.
- FICCI and UNICEF will work on an action plan based on the document that is being developed jointly by the International Chambers of Commerce and UNICEF for governments and businesses on the actions they can take to support the post-pandemic recovery.
- President– Sangita Reddy
- Secretary General– Dilip Chenoy
- Headquarter– New Delhi
- Headquarter– New York, United States (US)
- Executive Director– Henrietta Holsman Fore
CURRENT AFFAIRS: RANKING
Mukesh Ambani’s $72 billion fortune makes him richer than Elon Musk and Google’s Larry Page and Sergey Brin
- India’s richest man Mukesh Ambani surged past Silicon Valley tech titan Elon Musk as well as Alphabet Inc. co-founders Sergey Brin and Larry Page to become the world’s sixth-richest person.
- The chairman of Reliance Industries Ltd., whose wealth surpassed Warren Buffett’s last week, is now worth $72.4 billion, according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index.
- The sudden surge in Ambani’s wealth since April is because his three-year-old telecom arm Reliance Jio has raised more than $15.6 billion in the last four months from Facebook, Silver Lake, Vista Equity Partners, General Atlantic, KKR, Mubadala, Saudi PIF (Public Investment Fund) and more.
- Top Jeff Bezos(US) with USD 184billion, 2. Bill Gates(US) with USD 115billion, 3. Bernard Arnault(France) USD 94.5billion.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
Former Australia Skipper Mile Jedinak Announces Retirement From Football
- Former Australia skipper and Crystal Palace midfielder Mile Jedinak announced his retirement from football at the age of 35.
- He played 79 times for his country, featuring at three World Cups before bowing out of international football in late 2018.
- One of his biggest triumphs was captaining the Socceroos to win the 2015 Asian Cup.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARY
Wim Suurbier, Dutch Football Legend, passes away
- Netherlands and Ajax defender Wim Suurbier, a key member of the 1970s Dutch squad who played in two World Cup finals, passed away at the age of 75.
- With Ajax from 1964 to 1977 he won three European Cups and seven national titles.
- Suurbier was also part of the Dutch sides that lost in the 1974 and 1978 World Cup finals, to West Germany and Argentina. He ended his career with 60 caps.
Renowned ceramic artist Jyotsna Bhatt passes away
- One of India’s best-known ceramic artists, Baroda-based Jyotsna Bhatt passed away.
- A nodal figure for artists working in ceramics, her works received wide recognition and she would often travel to conduct workshops across the country