This post is also available in: हिन्दी (Hindi)
Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs Questions Quiz for SBI, IBPS, RBI, RRB, SSC Exam 2021 of 06th & 07th June 2021. Daily GK quiz online for bank & competitive exam. Here we have given the Daily Current Affairs Quiz based on the previous days Daily Current Affairs updates. Candidates preparing for IBPS, SBI, RBI, RRB, SSC Exam 2021 & other competitive exams can make use of these Current Affairs Quiz.
1) The World Day against Speciesism has been observed every year to stop discrimination based on species membership. The day is marked on which date?
(a) June 7
(b) June 6
(c) June 5
(d) June 4
(e) June 8
2) Every year June 6 is observed as World Pest Day. In which of the following year, the World’s first Pest day was observed?
3) UN Russian Language Day is observed on June 6. The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization established the dayin which of the following year?
4) What is the theme of 2021World Food Safety Day, celebrated every year on June 7thto draw attention and inspire action to prevent, detect and manage food borne risks?
(a) Feeding the world, caring for the earth
(b) Safe food now for a healthy tomorrow
(c) Zero Hunger
(d) Climate is changing Food and agriculture must too
(e) Food safety, everyone’s business
5) An IEPFA‘s module of short films,“Hisaabkikitab”has launched recently by the UM ShriAnurag Singh Thakur. It consists of how many series of Short Films?
6) The world’s first carbon-neutral cement plant has been set up by Heidelberg Cement in which among the following country?
7) Which of the following state government has launched a doorstep delivery service for oxygen concentrators to strengthen the state’s preparedness against present and future waves of covid-19?
8) Convergence Energy Services Ltd has signed an agreement with which state’s Energy Development Agency for solar-based electrification programme for rural households of the state?
(a) Madhya Pradesh
9) What is the minimum eligibility for the Maharashtra Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme launched by Maharashtra government for providing employment and training to the youth?
(a) Should complete UG Degree
(b) Should be passed 8thStd
(c) Should be passed 12thStd
(d) Should be passed 10thStd
(e) Should complete PG Degree
10) The EU and Energy investment programme by Bill Gates has planned to raise the fund to $1 billion for low-carbon technologies from 2022 to ___________.
11) Facebook India has recently launched a new initiative of Research and Mentorship for which of the following Students?
(a) Law Students
(b) Engineering Students
(c) Medical Students
(d) Agri Students
(e) Defence Students
12) What is the recent Bank Rate projectedby the RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das in the Bi-monthly monetary policy
13) For how many months, the RBI has extended the bank license of the Rupee Cooperative Bank, which has received a total of 263.93 crore rupees and increased transactions?
(a) 7 Months
(b) 3 Months
(c) 2 Months
(d) 4 Months
(e) 5 Months
14) Former National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development ChairmanDr Harsh Kumar Bhanwala has been appointed as the senior adviser to which of the following companyto mentor its portfolio companies on new investments?
15) VidyaPrakash has been appointed as the Registrar General of the National Green Tribunal. Who among the following has been replaced by VidyaPrakash?
(a) Ajay Sharma
(c) Arun Narayan Jha
(d) Abishek Kumar Singh
(e) Prakhar Gupta
16) The Nature TTL Photographer of the Year 2021 has won by Thomas Vijayan for his work ‘The World is Going Upside Down’. He hails from which among the following states?
(a) Madhya Pradesh
(b) Andhra Pradesh
(e) Tamil Nadu
17) Indian Institute of Architects has signed an MOU with Indian Green Building Council for Green Building Movement and sustainable development in architectural design. IGBC is comes under which among the following organizations?
(a) NITI Aayog
18) A space agreement with NASA has been recently signed by New Zealand. As of this, New Zealand became _______ signatory to the Artemis Accords, a blueprint for space cooperation.
19) The second United Nations Global Sustainable Transport Conference with the theme of ‘sustainable transport, sustainable development’ would be taken place in which of the following city of China?
(d) Hong Kong
20) The PM Modi has signed anapproval with which of the organisationfor ratification of an agreement for cooperation in the field of Mass Media’?
21) The Indian Navy has recently decommissioned India’s oldest Hydrographic Survey Vessel called INS Sandhayak. It was decommissioned in which of the following naval dockyard?
22) As per the Fortune 500 list ranking 2021 of America’s largest companies, which of the following company has secured the rank at 185?
23) As per the data from the Government, Which of the following country has retainedthe top Position in the top source of Foreign Direct Investment into India?
24) Which among the following organization has revealed the study mentioning that the deposition of black carbon accelerates the melting glacier and Snow in Himalayan ranges?
(b) World Bank
25) Novak Djokovic gained his 83rd title by defeating Alex Molcan in the final of which of the following Tournament?
(a) Belgrade Open Tennis
(b) US Open Tennis
(c) Australia Open Tennis
(d) French Open Tennis
(e) Austria Open Tennis
26) NarinderBragta has passed away recently. He belonged to which of the following field?
1) Answer: C
World Day against Speciesism is marked on June 5 every year, to stop discrimination based on species membership. Speciesism is a term used in philosophy regarding the treatment of individuals of different species
The term “speciesism” refers to the assignment of different rights, values, or special consideration to individuals solely on the basis of their species.
Initiated by animal rights advocates, its main goal is to remind people that speciesism, like racism or sexism, has no place in a civilized society.
2) Answer: A
World Pest Day, also known as World Pest Awareness Day, is observed on June 6 every year.
The objective behind celebrating this day is to create awareness of how pest management helps preserve the quality of life for people.
World Pest Day was initiated by the Chinese Pest Control Association, and co-sponsored by the Federation of Asian and Oceania Pest Managers’ Association (FAOPMA), the National Pest Management Association (NPMA), and the Confederation of European Pest Management Associations (CEPA).The first World Pest Day was marked in 2017.
3) Answer: E
UN Russian Language Day is observed annually on June 6. The event was established by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) in 2010.
UN Russian Language Day coincides with the birthday of Alexander Pushkin, a Russian poet who is considered the father of modern Russian language.
4) Answer: B
World Food Safety Day is observed every year on June 7 to draw attention and inspire action to prevent, detect and manage food borne risks.
This year’s theme, ‘Safe food today for a healthy tomorrow’, stresses that production and consumption of safe food has immediate and long-term benefits for people, the planet and the economy.
Recognizing the systemic connections between the health of people, animals, plants, the environment and the economy will help us meet the needs of the future.
5) Answer: D
Union Minister of State for Finance and Corporate Affairs ShriAnurag Singh Thakur launched the six modules of short films of Investor Education & Protection Fund Authority (IEPFA) titled “Hisaab Ki Kitaab”. “Hisaabkikitab” is a series of 6 short films, developed by CSC eGov as a part of their training tool.
There are 6 short films/ modules of 5 minutes duration each. The various modules highlight the importance of budget, saving, importance of Insurance schemes, various social security schemes of the government etc.
Shri Thakur stated that financial inclusion is one of the top-most policy priorities of the Government of India. Financial literacy and education plays a crucial role in financial inclusion, inclusive growth and sustainable prosperity. In financial inclusion, a number of steps have been taken by the Government.
6) Answer: A
Heidelberg Cement announced its intention to upgrade its plant on the Swedish island of Gotland to become the world’s first carbon-neutral cement plant.
The installation at the State plant of Heidelberg Cement’s subsidiary Cementa will be scaled to capture up to 1.8 million tonnes of CO2 annually, which corresponds to the plant’s total emissions.
Additionally, the use of bio based fuels in the cement production at Slite will be increased in line with the Group’s commitment to significantly raise the share of biomass in the fuel mix. The full-scale capturing of the plant’s CO2 emissions is targeted by 2030.
7) Answer: E
The Odisha Government has launched a doorstep delivery service for oxygen concentrators. Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik stated that this will further strengthen the state’s preparedness against present and future waves of covid-19.
The home delivery service for Oxygen concentrators will be available in 5 major cities of the state in the first phase.The facility is also available at the Odisha COVID dashboard app for Android and iOS operating systems.
Additional Chief Secretary (Health) PK Mohapatra mentioned that the municipal corporations will monitor the requirement and delivery of the concentrators
8) Answer: B
Goa Chief Minister PramodSawant launched solar-based electrification programme for rural households in the state. This project will bring electricity through renewable energy to areas in Goa where grid connectivity is not feasible.
“With a focus on delivering clean, affordable, and reliable energy to all, PramodSawant, Chief Minister of Goa, inaugurated a solar-based electrification programme for remote rural households in Goa”.
The solar PV-based home lighting systems for households was inaugurated only two days after the agreement was signed between Convergence Energy Services Ltd (CESL) and Goa Energy Development Agency (GEDA).
9) Answer: D
The Maharashtra government has decided to implement the Maharashtra Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme (MAPS) with the objective of providing employment and training to the youth of the state.
Under this Scheme, in the current year, apprenticeship opportunities will be provided to 1 lakh youth in various industries and establishments in the state.
Maharashtra Skills Development, Employment and Entrepreneurship Minister Nawab Malik informed that New Maharashtra Apprentice Promotion Scheme is being implemented to provide employment and self-employment opportunities and experience to the youth who have passed at least 10th standard in the state
. The scheme aims to provide employment and training to 5 lakh well-educated unemployed youth in the next five years.
“Under this scheme, the trainees will be entitled to get 75 percent of the scholarship payable to them or a maximum of Rs 5,000 whichever is less”. “The apprenticeship scheme will be implemented in 715 businesses
10) Answer: C
The European Commission stated The European Union and an energy investment programme founded by Bill Gates plan to raise up to $1 billion to roll out the low-carbon technologies Europe is betting on to meet its climate change goals.
The partnership would see Gates-founded Breakthrough Energy use private capital and philanthropic funds to match funding provided by the EU. The aim is to together provide up to 820 million euros, or $1 billion, from 2022 to 2026.
11) Answer: A
Facebook India stated it has launched a new initiative to provide students from leading law schools in the country a platform for research and mentorship on topics related to technology law and policy.
The Facebook India Tech Scholars (FITS) programme has ShardulAmarchandMangaldas& Co as a knowledge partner.”The programme aims to provide students from select leading law schools in the country a platform for research and mentorship on topics related to technology law and policy.
The first edition of the FITS programme will offer eight law students an opportunity to work on a research project with leading Indian think tanks that will also extend mentorship support to the students”.
12) Answer: D
Reserve Bank of India (RBI) announced its bi-monthly monetary policy review as RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das in Monetary Policy statement. RBI has projected India’s GDP growth at 9.5 per cent for the ongoing Financial Year of 2021-2022. RBI has kept repo rate unchanged at 4 per cent, sixth time in a row. The RBI reverse repo rate or RBI’s borrowing rate also remains unchanged at 3.35 percent.
- Inflation Target is at 4 percent.
- Marginal Standing Facility Rate is 4.25%.
- Bank Rate is 4.25%.
- Cash Reserve Ratio is 4%.
- Statutory Liquidity Ratio is 18%.
RBI has also maintained an accommodative monetary policy stance to support growth and kept inflation at targeted level, RBI Governor Das disclosed.
13) Answer: B
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has extended the bank license of the Rupee Cooperative Bank for another three months until August 31, 2021. As of March 2021, the bank has received a total of 263.93 crore rupees and increased transactions.
Earned 70.70 crore in the past five years. The bank has been profitable for five years.
By March 2021, the bank had paid 366.54 crore to 92,602 depositors under the hardship plan.
The bank announced in a statement that there were no negative comments in the context of the audit or RBI’s annual review.Rupee Cooperative Bank that the proposed merger with Maharashtra Cooperative Bank (MSC Bank) is awaiting RBI.
14) Answer: C
Agritech venture capital firm Omnivore stated it has appointed Dr Harsh Kumar Bhanwala as senior adviser, effective 1 June, to mentor its portfolio companies, advisre on new investments, and help develop the fund’s rural fintech investment strategy.
Between 2013 and 2020, Dr Bhanwala was chairman of the National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (Nabard), which oversees all aspects of agricultural credit as well as the supervision of regional rural banks and cooperative banks.
15) Answer: B
Additional Sessions Judge VidyaPrakash has been appointed as the Registrar General of the National Green Tribunal (NGT) on deputation basis. The position fell vacant after Registrar General AshuGarg died due to COVID-19 recently.
Green panel stated, “Consequent upon his selection Sri VidyaPrakash Delhi Higher Judicial Service has been appointed as Registrar, National Green Tribunal principal bench New Delhi on deputation basis with effect from his date of joining that is May 29, 2021 initially for a period of one year”. He was lastly posted as Additional Sessions Judge, Delhi.
16) Answer: D
Thomas Vijayan won Nature TTL Photographer of the Year 2021. Vijayan, hailing from Kerala and now settled in Canada, shot the picture titled ‘The World is Going Upside Down’, in Borneo.
Vijayan, who got £1,500 (Rs.1.5 lakh) cash prize
17) Answer: C
On the Occasion of World Environment Day celebrated on June 5, CII’s Indian Green Building Council (IGBC) and Indian Institute of Architects (IIA) signed a MoU to give a fillip to the Green Building Movement and sustainable development in architectural design and planning.
V Suresh, chairman, IGBC, Architect C R Raju, IIA national president, exchanged the MoU in the virtual platform in the august presence of supporting organisations.
MoU will go a long way in development of a built environment that is aligned with the green building concepts and practices.
18) Answer: E
New Zealand announced it was the latest country to sign a space agreement with NASA, just as New Zealand’s nascent space industry begins to take off.
New Zealand became the eleventh signatory to the Artemis Accords, a blueprint for space cooperation and supporting the U.S. space agency’s plans to return humans to the moon by 2024 and to launch a historic human mission to Mars.
NASA Administrator Bill Nelson mentioned in a statement that New Zealand was one of seven nations that helped craft the principles in the accords and he was delighted they had signed up.
19) Answer: C
The second United Nations (UN) Global Sustainable Transport Conference will take place from October 14 to 16 in Beijing, China. Theme of the Conference : sustainable transport, sustainable development
It provides an opportunity to focus attention on the opportunities, challenges and solutions towards achieving sustainable transport worldwide.
20) Answer: B
The Union Cabinet, chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has given its ex-post facto approval for signing and ratification of an agreement on ‘Cooperation in the field of Mass Media’ between all the member states of Shanghai Cooperation Organisation.
The Agreement was signed in June, 2019.The agreement shall promote equal and mutually beneficial cooperation among associations in the field of Mass Media. Shanghai Cooperation Organization consists of eight countries: India, China, the Kyrgyz Republic, Kazakhstan, Pakistan, Tajikistan, Russia, and Uzbekistan
21) Answer: A
On June 04, 2021, , the Indian Navy’s oldest Hydrographic Survey Vessel was decommissioned at Naval Dockyard in Visakhapatnam.The Ship Served the nation for 40 glorious years. INS Sandhayak undertook over 200 major hydrographic surveys.
The ship took part in important operations:
- Op Pawan in Sri Lanka, 1987
- Op Rainbow for Humanitarian Assistance in the aftermath of the Tsunami in 2004
- Maiden Indo-US HADR Exercise Tiger-Triumph in 2019.
22) Answer: D
Cognizant climbed to No.185 on the 2021 Fortune 500 list with a digital focus driving the advancement of the annual ranking of America’s largest companies.The US-based IT company with a strong offshore presence in India, debuted on the list in 2011 at 484.
It entered the top 200 in 2018 and rose nine spots on this year’s list. Fortune 500 companies are ranked based on their total revenue for their respective fiscal years. Cognizant’s 2020 revenue of $ 16.7 billion raised the company to its current rank of 194 on the 2020 Fortune 500 ranking.
23) Answer: E
The US replaced Mauritius as the second largest source of foreign direct investment into India during 2020-21 with inflows of USD 13.82 billion, according to government data.
Singapore remained the top source of foreign direct investment (FDI) into the country for the third consecutive fiscal year at USD 17.41 billion.
During the last financial year, India attracted USD 5.64 billion in FDI from Mauritius, according to the data by the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT).
Total FDI, including equity, re-invested earnings and capital, rose 10 per cent to the highest-ever USD 81.72 billion, as against USD 74.39 billion in 2019-20.
24) Answer: B
On June 03, 2021, According to the World Bank Study Black carbon deposits accelerated glaciers and snow melt in the fragile Himalayan ranges and are changing temperatures and precipitation patterns, due to human activities.
It is generated by human activity both inside and outside South Asia. Changing temperatures and precipitation patterns, anthropogenic black carbon (BC) deposits soot are further accelerating glaciers and snow melt in these mountain ranges.
25) Answer: A
World No. 1 Novak Djokovic captured the 83rd title in the 2021 Belgrade Open Tennis Tournament. The Belgrade Open was held from May 23.
Novak Djokovic defeated world No. 255 Alex Molcan 6-4, 6-3 in the final of the Belgrade Open tournament.This was the first edition of the tournament.
With 83 career titles, Djokovic is the fifth-most successful player of all time, only behind Rafael Nadal (88), Ivan Lendl (94), Roger Federer (103) and Jimmy Connors (109).
26) Answer: E
On June 05, 2021, The Chief Whip in Himachal Pradesh Assembly and senior BJP MLA NarinderBragta passed away. He was 68. He was born on September 15, 1952, at Shimla.
He was a mass leader whose contribution in development of the state, particularly in the horticulture sector. Bragta was elected to the VidhanSabha for the first time in 1998 and remained the Horticulture Minister in the BJP regime led by Dhumal from 1998 to 2003.
He was also a Cabinet minister from 2007 to 2012.