This post is also available in: हिन्दी (Hindi)
Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs Questions Quiz for SBI, IBPS, RBI, RRB, SSC Exam 2021 of 09th June 2021. Daily GK quiz online for bank & competitive exam. Here we have given the Daily Current Affairs Quiz based on the previous days Daily Current Affairs updates. Candidates preparing for IBPS, SBI, RBI, RRB, SSC Exam 2021 & other competitive exams can make use of these Current Affairs Quiz.
1) The World Brain Tumor day is observed every yearto raise awareness for the diseaseon which of the following day?
(a) June 9
(b) June 6
(c) June 10
(d) June 8
(e) June 7
2) What is the theme of the World Accreditation Day 2021, celebrating every year on June9 to promote the role of accreditation in trade & economy?
(a) Accreditation: Supporting the Implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals
(b) How Accreditation Improves Food Safety
(c) How accreditation delivers a safer world
(d) Accreditation: Delivering Confidence in Construction and the Built Environment”
(e) How accreditation adds value to supply chains
3) Which among the following State’s Maritime Board will set up the first international maritime services cluster of the country at GIFT City?
4) An awareness campaign on single use plastic 2021 was recently launched by Union Minister PrakashJavadekar. According to his statement,____________ of wastes in India was not getting collected.
(a) One Fourth
(b) One Third
(c) One Fifth
(d) Two Fourth
(e) Two Third
5) A new attempt has been initiated to prepare Guidelines for the Development of e-Content for Children with Disabilities” for the Children with Special Needs (CWSN). Theguidelines comprise of how many Appendices?
6) India has been elected to the Economic and Social Council in the Asia-Pacific States category along with few nations .Which of the country is not among them?
(d) Both A & C
(e) None of these
7) A solar-power based Bitcoin Mining facility has been introduced by Square Inc which would invest _____________ million to build an open sourceat one of Blockstream’s U.S. sites.
(a) $8 million
(b) $3 million
(c) $5 million
(d) $4 million
(e) $6 million
8) Recently, the Interpol has launched a new global database to identify themissing persons through family DNA. What is the name of the Database?
9) Which of the following Village of Jammu and Kashmir has become the first village in India to vaccinate all its adult population against the novel coronavirus?
10) The Punjab Chief Minister has virtually inaugurated the new District of the state “Malerkotla” and spent Rs 548 crore for the development of the District. This state tends to be ____________district of the state.
11) PranaVayuDevta Pension Scheme & Oxy Van of Haryana government has launched _____________ in PranaVayuDevta Pension Yojana for maintenance of trees older than 75 years.
(a)Rs. 2000 per year
(b) Rs. 2500 per year
(c)Rs. 3000 per year
(d)Rs. 3500 per year
(e)Rs. 4500 per year
12) Which of the following Rating Agency has downgraded India’s real GDP growth to 9.5% from its existing estimation of 11% for the financial year 2021-22?
(a) Fitch Ratings
(c) India Ratings
13) Which among the following e-commerce marketplace has launched a contactless, QR-code-based payment facility for all its pay-on-delivery shipments?
(c) Big basket
14) The Central government has planned to finalize the privatization of which of the following two banks as unveiled by Finance Minister in Union Budget speech 2021?
(a) Central Bank of India and Indian Bank
(b) Indian Bank and Indian Overseas Bank
(c) Central Bank of India and Indian Overseas Bank
(d) Union Bank of India and Indian Bank
(e) Union Bank of India and CanaraBank
15) The Reserve Bank of India has imposed a penalty of ______________ crore on the Bank of India for contravention of norms, including one related to ‘Frauds – Classification and Reporting’.
(a) Rs 3 crore
(b) Rs 9 crore
(c) Rs 4 crore
(d) Rs 6 crore
(e) Rs 2 crore
16) The ICICI bank has recently announced that over 20 lakh customers of other banks have using its Mobile App ‘iMobile Pay’. This App was launched in which of the following year?
17) The Reserve Bank of India has recently extended the tenure of the Deputy Governor of RBI,Mahesh Kumar Jain,for how many years?
(a) 5 Years
(b) 1 Year
(c) 7 Years
(d) 2 Years
(e) 3 Years
18) The Reserve Bank of India has approved the re-appointment of Girish Chandra Chaturvedi as the part-time Chairman of which of the following Banks?
(a) ICICI Bank
(c) PNB Bank
(e) Central bank of India
19) Sanjay Bembalkar has been recently appointed as the Fund Manager in the equity segment of which of the following Asset management Company?
(a) SBI Asset Management Company
(b) Kotak Mahindra Asset Management Company
(c) Axis Asset Management Company
(d) MotilalOswal Asset Management Company
(e) Union Asset Management Company
20) RS Dhondkar has been appointed by the Reserve Bank of Indiaas the liquidator for which of the following Cooperative bank after the cancelling of licence of the bank?
(a) United Cooperative Bank
(b)Bhagyodaya Friends Urban Cooperative Bank
(c)Shivalik Mercantile Cooperative bank
(d)ShivajiraoBhosale Cooperative bank
(e) Rupee Co-operative Bank
21) Anup Chandra Pandey has been appointed as the new election Commissioner after Sunil Arora. Which of the following assembly elections are not scheduled to be held in 2022?
(e) Uttar Pradesh
22) The RBI has re-appointed Chandra ShekharGhosh as the Managing Director& Chief Executive Officer for a period of three years of which of the following Bank?
(a) RBL Bank
(b) DBS Bank
(c) Federal Bank
23) Arti Singh has been appointed as the vice president for Hyperspace by Dentsu India. Dentsu India is a __________ based company.
(d) New Delhi
24) RashmiVikram has been appointed as the chief equity officer of Dentsu International for which of the following region?
(a) Central Asia
(c) Asia Pacific
(d) Central Ocenia
(e) South East Asia
25) Which of the following Airport has achieved net energy neutral status in the fiscal year 2020-21, announced on the World Environment Day?
(a) Indira Gandhi International Airport
(b) Bangalore International Airport
(c) Rajiv Gandhi International Airport
(d) Kempegowda International Airport
(e) ChhatrapatiShivajiMaharaj International Airport
26) Which of the following payment service has signed a strategic partnership with International Cricket Council to ensure its involvement and integration at all ICC events throughout the term?
(e) Amazon Pay
27) The Meghalaya state government has signed an MOU with Convergence Energy Services Ltd to generate approximately ____________ MWenergy for implementing the various sustainable solutions like pump sets, LED lighting and solar power stations for agriculture.
28) Rhea Chakraborty has recently topped the Times Most Desirable Women 2020′ list. How many persons are totally listed?
(e) None of these
29) The first set of how many 24 MH-60 ‘Romeo’ multirole helicopters would be inducted to the Indian Navyfrom the US in July 2022?
30) Which of the following parameters are not measured in the third publication of Performance Grading Index, approved recently by Education Minister, Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’?
(d) Governance and management
31) Which among the following country has been appointed as the host country for the inaugural FIH Hockey 5s World Cups by the International Hockey Federation?
1) Answer: D
World Brain Tumor Day observed on June 08, which seeks to raise awareness for the disease, we take a look at its history, purpose and significance.
A tumor is an abnormal growth of tissues in the body because of a malfunction in the cells that grow and divide more than they are supposed to.
Tumors also occur in brains or can spread to the brain from elsewhere.They are either benign, which is non-cancerous or malignant, which is cancerous.The National Cancer Institute estimates that about 18,600 people have died from brain and nervous system cancers this year in the United States alone. The disease affects adults and the elderly, and also teenagers and children
2) Answer: A
The World Accreditation Day (WAD) is celebrated on 9th June every year to highlight as well as promote the role of accreditation in trade & economy.
A global initiative established by IAF and ILAC to promote the value of accreditation. This year’s theme is Accreditation: Supporting the Implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
3) Answer: E
Gujarat Maritime Board (GMB) will set-up the country’s first international maritime services cluster at GIFT City. The maritime cluster will be developed as a dedicated ecosystem comprising ports, shipping, logistics services providers and government regulators, all present in the same geographic vicinity — GIFT City.
The cluster will further leverage the proximity and accessibility of these stakeholders to enable a synergetic collaboration. Tapan Ray, MD and Group CEO, GIFT City mentioned, “Establishing a maritime cluster is a much-needed step towards advancing India’s credentials and economic viability in this sector”.
4) Answer: B
Environment, Forest and Climate Change Minister PrakashJavadekar launched an awareness campaign on single use plastic 2021 on the occasion of World Ocean Day.
Mr Javadekar stated that uncollected plastic waste is a major problem. In India, two-third was getting collected and one-third was not getting collected.
Under the plastic waste management rules, there is a mechanism of collection and recycling of plastic. After the ban of single use plastic in the country, the government had also put a ban on plastic waste
5) Answer: C
For the first time, an attempt was made to prepare guidelines for CwD also referred to as Children with Special Needs (CWSN) children so that the goal of inclusive education is fulfilled.
The Committee submitted a report titled “Guidelines for the Development of e-Content for Children with Disabilities” comprising of eleven Sections and two Appendices. This report was shared, presented, discussed and accepted by the MoE.
6) Answer: E
India was elected to the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC), one of the six main organs of the United Nations, for the 2022-24 term.
Indian Ambassador to the United Nations TS Tirumurti thanked all UN member states for their ‘vote of confidence in India’ shortly after the country made it to the council.
India was elected in the Asia-Pacific States category alongside Afghanistan, Kazakhstan and Oman in the elections.
7) Answer: C
Blockchain technology company Blockstream Mining stated that Square Inc will invest $5 million to build an open-source, solar-powered bitcoin mining facility at one of Blockstream’s U.S. sites.
Blockstream, in an announcement on its blog, mentioned the “facility will be a proof-of-concept for a 100% renewable energy Bitcoin mine at scale.”
8) Answer: A
The Interpol has launched a new global database named “I-Familia” to identify missing persons through family DNA and help the police solve cold cases in member countries.
More than 12,000 active Yellow Notices, which are international police alerts for missing persons, had been issued by the Interpol by late 2020.
I-Familia is a global database launched to identify missing persons through family DNA. It will help the police to solve cases in member countries.
Interpol applies cutting-edge scientific research and uses the DNA of relatives to identify missing persons or unidentified human remains around the world. DNA kinship matching is used mostly in cases where a direct sample of the missing person is not available
9) Answer: D
A remote hamlet in the Bandipora district of Jammu and Kashmir has become the first village in India to vaccinate all its adult population against the novel coronavirus.
“Weyan, a village in district Bandipora (J&K) has become the first village in the country, where the entire population above 18 years has been vaccinated”.
Due to the difficult terrain of the area, the vaccinators had walked 18 km on foot to reach the village.
10) Answer: B
Punjab chief minister CaptAmarinder Singh virtually inaugurated Malerkotla as the 23rd district of the state and laid the foundation stone of development projects worth Rs 548 crore in Malerkotla city.
Amarinder stated he had promised to upgrade Malerkotla as a district during his previous tenure in 2005 but it could not materialise then for some reasons.
He had made a formal announcement about this decision on the occasion of Eid-ul-Fitr on May 14 this year.
11) Answer: B
Haryana PranVayuDevta Pension Scheme (PVDPS) 2021 & Oxy Van (Oxygen Forest) launched Rs. 2500 per year in PranaVayuDevta Pension Yojana for maintenance of trees older than 75 years.
Haryana government led by CM ManoharLalKhattar has launched PranVayuDevta Pension Scheme 2021. This Life Air God Pension scheme aims to ensure adequate supply of natural oxygen in the state.
This PranaVayuDevta Pension Yojna is a major step towards ensuring clean air to breathe amid the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic outbreak. Oxy Van is a piece of land identified by the Haryana govt.
On which as many as 3 crore trees would be planted. The Oxy Vans will occupy 10% of the 8 lakh hectares of land across the state.
12) Answer: E
Domestic credit ratings agency Crisil has revised India’s real GDP growth projection for 2021-22 downwards to 9.5 percent from 11 per cent estimated earlier.
The downward revision has been attributed to the decline in private consumption and investments following the second wave of Covid-19.
Crisil further stated that in its base case of 9.5 per cent growth, the pre-pandemic levels will be achieved some time after September, while in the pessimistic scenario of eight per cent growth, quarterly GDP would surpass the pre-pandemic level only in the December 2021 quarter.
13) Answer: E
Flipkart, India’s homegrown e-commerce marketplace has launched a contactless, QR-code-based payment facility for all its pay-on-delivery shipments.
The payment method not only ensures greater safety for consumers at a time when they are looking to minimize personal contact; but also addresses the trust deficit that many consumers might face.
Consumers who earlier opted for cash on delivery can now use this facility, scan the QR code attached to their purchase and make a digital payment for their order through any UPI app at the time of delivery
14) Answer: C
To privatize two state-run banks as unveiled by Finance Minister NirmalaSitharaman in her Union Budget speech 2021, the Narendra Modi government may soon finalize plans to sell Centre’s stake in Central Bank of India and Indian Overseas Bank (IOB).
This is part of the Government’s mega privatization initiative which also includes sale of other state-run companies like BPCL.
NITI Aayog has submitted the names of two public sector banks (PSBs) and one public sector general insurer, which can be sold off under the government’s new privatization policy, to the Core Group of Secretaries on Disinvestment.
15) Answer: C
The RBI imposed a penalty aggregating to Rs 6 crore on Bank of India and Punjab National Bank for contravention of norms, including one related to ‘Frauds – Classification and Reporting’.
A penalty of Rs 4 crore has been imposed on Bank of India and Rs 2 crore on Punjab National Bank. RBI stated the statutory Inspection for Supervisory Evaluation (lSE) of Bank of India was conducted with reference to its financial position as on March 31, 2019.
The bank had also conducted a review and submitted a Fraud Monitoring Report (FMR) dated January 1, 2019 pertaining to detection of fraud in an account.
Examination of the risk assessment report pertaining to the ISE and the FMR revealed non-compliance with/contravention of directions, viz., breach of stipulated transaction limits; delay in transfer of unclaimed balances to DEA Fund; delay in reporting a fraud to RBI and sale of a fraudulent asset
The ICICI bank has announced that over 20 lakh customers of other banks are now using its ‘iMobile Pay’ app. The achievement is significant as the bank had made the platform available for all only five months ago.
ICICI bank was the first to introduce a mobile banking app in the country in 2008, called ‘iMobile’. The Bank has transformed the app and renamed it ‘iMobile Pay’ five months ago to offer interoperability so that anyone, including customers of other banks, can experience the benefits of hassle-free payments and digital banking of ICICI Bank through this app.”
Customers of any bank can start using ‘iMobile Pay’ by linking their bank account with the app and generating a UPI ID.
17) Answer: D
The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet approved the re-appointment of Mahesh Kumar Jain, Deputy Governor, Reserve Bank of India (RBI), for two years with effect from June 22.
It may be recalled that Jain’s three-year term as RBI Deputy Governor is due to get completed on June 21.
18) Answer: A
The Reserve Bank of India has approved the re-appointment of Girish Chandra Chaturvedi as the part-time Chairman of ICICI Bank for a period of three years starting July 1, 2021.Reappointment was earlier approved by shareholders
19) Answer: E
Union Asset Management Company, a subsidiary of Union Bank of India and Dai-ichi Life Holdings, stated it has appointed Sanjay Bembalkar as a fund manager in the equity segment.
He will be part of the equity fund management team and will be working closely with VinayPaharia, Chief Investment Officer (CIO) of Union AMC, the asset management company.
Prior to joining Union AMC, Bembalkar was working with CanaraRobeco Asset Management Co Ltd as Fund Manager – Equities, where he managed some of the flagship equity funds since October 2019.
20) Answer: D
After RBI cancelled the licence of the ShivajiraoBhosale Cooperative bank’, the state cooperative department has appointed deputy registrar RS Dhondkar, as liquidator for the bank.
The appointment of the administrator, depositors of the bank said this has brightened the chances of insurance payments and investors getting their money soon.
It is worth repeating that the Deposit Insurance and Credit Guarantee Corporation (DICGC) is liable to pay upto Rs 5 lakh within two months of filing a claim with the liquidator. It is said the process of paying depositors as per the DICGC Act 1961, will start soon as per the RBI order
21) Answer: C
The Election Commission of India now has full strength, ahead of the assembly elections scheduled to be held in UP, Punjab, Goa, Manipur and Uttarakhand in 2022.
The Union government appointed Anup Chandra Pandey as Election Commissioner. Pandey was appointed to the position left vacant by former Chief Election Commissioner Sunil Arora’s retirement on April 12.
This restored the three-member commission to its full strength, which will now oversee the next set of crucial assembly elections in Uttar Pradesh, Punjab, Goa, Manipur and Uttarakhand next year. In the Election Commission, Pandey will have a little under three years in office and will retire in February 2024.
22) Answer: E
The Reserve Bank of India has granted approval for re-appointment of Chandra ShekharGhosh, MD and CEO of Bandhan Bank, for a period of three years.
The RBI vide its communication dated June 8 has granted approval for re-appointment of Ghosh for a period of three years, with effect from July 10, 2021.
Ghosh, who has been one of foremost proponents of microfinance in India, founded Bandhan in 2001 as a not-for-profit enterprise that stood for financial inclusion and women empowerment through sustainable livelihood creation.
23) Answer: B
DentsuIndia(Mumbai) has announced the appointment of Arti Singh as vice president- national for its shoppers’ marketing unit, Hyperspace.
Singh will be in charge of the shoppers’ marketing division that includes experiential, retail, cinema and mall business. Singh, a seasoned professional with more than 18 years of expertise in the field, will be driving and developing strategies for brands.
Additionally, she will play a significant role in designing the offline path of the purchase journey for consumers, thus, connecting them with brands.
24) Answer: C
Dentsu International has appointed RashmiVikram as chief equity officer for APAC region.
She was formerly group diversity and inclusivity practice leader at Microsoft. At Microsoft, she was responsible for creating clarity and scaling the organization’s diversity and inclusion strategy for One Microsoft internationally.
Generating energy by supporting leaders to activate a culture where all employees, no matter their different perspectives, are empowered to achieve more.
25) Answer: D
On World Environment Day, Bangalore International Airport Limited (BIAL) announced that the Kempegowda International Airport, Bengaluru has achieved net energy neutral status in the fiscal year 2020-21.
BIAL considers this one of its ambitious goals as it has already set the target to become Net Energy Neutral by 2020-21. It claims to begin 2021-22 promisingly by addressing 98 percent of its energy requirement of 21-22 through renewable sources.
The airport corporation claims to have saved up to 22 lakh units of electricity in FY 2020-21, enough to power nearly 9,000 houses for a month.
BIAL saved nearly 5 lakh units (KWH) from lighting and has implemented chiller plant optimization in Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC), which has resulted in saving of over 17 lakh units (KWH) of power.
26) Answer: A
Merchant payment and lending service provider BharatPe mentioned it has entered into a strategic partnership with International Cricket Council (ICC).
The agreement will ensure BharatPe’s involvement and integration at all ICC events throughout the term, including the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup (India, 2021), ICC Men’s T20 World Cup (Australia, 2022), ICC Women’s World Cup (New Zealand, 2022) and ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup (India, 2023) among others.
27) Answer: A
To promote clean, affordable and reliable energy solutions, Meghalaya government and Ladakh union territory have signed memorandum of understanding (MoU) separately with Convergence Energy Services Ltd, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Energy Efficiency Services Ltd to generate around 65MW of decentralized solar.
In the first MoU with Meghalaya Power Distribution Corporation Ltd (MePDCL), CESL has signed an MoU worth 60MW, which will also entail finding synergies in business development to implement various sustainable solutions like pump sets, LED lighting and solar power stations for agriculture.
With Ladakh, CESL will implement various clean energy and energy efficiency programmes, including decentralized solar power in Zanskar region worth 5MW
28) Answer: D
Rhea Chakraborty topped ‘The Times 50 Most Desirable Women 2020’ list. Rhea Chakraborty has bagged the number 1 spot on Times Most Desirable Women 2020 list.
Rhea Chakraborty was in the news for most of last year due to the sudden demise of Sushant Singh Rajput and the controversy around his death.
29) Answer: B
Indian Navy will receive the first set of three of the 24 MH-60 ‘Romeo’ multirole helicopters from the US in July 2022.
In February 2020, India had signed a Rs 15,157 crore ($2.13 billion) contract with the US for Lockheed Martin.
The first batch of Indian pilots has reached the US for training on the helicopters.
30) Answer: E
On June 06, 2021, Union Education Minister, Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ approved the release of Performance Grading Index (PGI) 2019-20 for States and Union Territories.
The PGI for States and Union Territories was first published in 2019 with reference year 2017-18.The PGI index measures the performance of states in school education, based on data drawn from several sources, like Unified District Information System for Education Plus, National Achievement Survey, and Mid-Day Meal.
The PGI States/UTs for 2019-20 is the third publication in this series.These parameters are grouped under five broad categories
- Access (eg. enrolment ratio, transition rate and retention rate);
- Governance and management;
- Equity (difference in performance between scheduled caste students and general category students)
- Learning outcomes (average score in mathematics, science, languages and social science).
31) Answer: C
The International Hockey Federation (FIH) has appointed Oman as the host country for the inaugural FIH Hockey 5s World Cups (Men and Women).It will be played in January 2024.
The Hockey5s’ flagship event is a brand-new FIH competition. 16 teams per gender (3 per continent + Oman, as hosts) will take part in this very first edition.