This post is also available in: हिन्दी (Hindi)
Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs Questions Quiz for SBI, IBPS, RBI, RRB, SSC Exam 2021 of 14th July 2021. Daily GK quiz online for bank & competitive exam. Here we have given the Daily Current Affairs Quiz based on the previous days Daily Current Affairs updates. Candidates preparing for IBPS, SBI, RBI, RRB, SSC Exam 2021 & other competitive exams can make use of these Current Affairs Quiz.
1) Which among the following state/UT has become the first to vaccinate all residents and the ‘guest population’?
(c) Andaman & Nicobar Islands
(e) Jammu & Kashmir
2) SherBahadurDeuba has been recently appointed as the Prime Minister of which among the following country?
3) Recently, G20 Finance Ministers have approved the global corporate tax rate of at least 15%. G20 group is mainly made up of which among the following organization?
4) Squares Hardware has decided to start building a hardware wallet for which type of crypto currency?
5) The WGC nd GJEPC have signed an agreement to promote gold jewellery in India. Which among the following is the parent agency of Gems and Jewellery Export Promotion Council (GJEPC)?
(a) Department of Expenditure
(b) Department of Revenue
(c) Department of Commerce
(d) Department of Financial Services
(e) Department of Expenses
6) Which among the following has signed a Mou with Indian Council for Cultural Relationsto set up Bangabandhu Chair at DU as a tribute to Sheikh MujiburRahman?
(a) Indira Gandhi Open University
(b) Chandigarh University
(d) Delhi University
7) The Indian Navy has received the _________ anti-submarine warfare aircraft P-81 from Boeing for maritime reconnaissance and anti-submarine warfare.
8) Which among the following country has developed the World’s first conjugate Covid-19 vaccine Soberana 2?
9) A new book titled ‘The Struggle Within: A Memoir of the Emergency’ has been authored by whom among the following?
(b) Ashok Chakravarti
10) Recently, Venkaiah Naidu has released the English translation of ThummetiRaghothama Reddy’s book- Terrace Garden: MiddeThota. The book was originally written in which language?
11) India will host the World Badminton Championships in 2026. In which year, India had hosted the BWF World Championship?
12) Chris Gayle becomes 1st batsman to score 14,000 runs in T20 cricket. He belongs to which country?
(a) West Indies
(c) Sri Lanka
13) Yashpal Sharma has died recently at the age of 66. He was associated with which among the following games/sports?
14) A well-known Wrestler, Paul ParletteOrndorffJr has died recently. In which year, he was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame?
15) The Indian researchers have spotted an extremely luminous, powerful, fast-evolving supernova recently. The supernova has a deficient of which gas?
1) Answer: B
Ladakh has become the first Union Territory to vaccinate all residents and the ‘guest population’, consisting of migrant labourers, hotel workers and Nepalese citizens who are earning their livelihood there, with the first dose of Covid-19 jab.
This was done in less than three months of starting the third phase of vaccination covering the 18-44 age groups. A total of 6821 Nepalese citizens living in the UT were among those vaccinated.
2) Answer: D
The Supreme Court of Nepal passed an order to appoint SherBahadurDeuba as New PM of Nepal as the PM K P Sharma Oli violated the constitutional Principles.
SherBahadurDeuba, leader of the Nepali Congress is the new Prime Minister of Nepal.
The 75-year old centrist politician was sworn to office by President Bidhya Devi Bhandari .
3) Answer: D
Finance Ministers approved a tax reform for multinationals that aims to put an end to tax havens by introducing a global corporate tax rate of at 15 per cent.
The group is mainly made up of member states of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development, or OECD.
4) Answer: B
Square’s hardware head, Jesse Dorogusker, announced that the company is going to start building a hardware wallet and accompanying service for cryptocurrency, Bitcoin.
The wallet will be a type of plug-in device, much like a USB pen drive that stores, manages and secures a user’s crypto assets.
Each digital asset is linked to a cryptographic password called a ‘private key’ to allow users to access it.
This key safeguards cryptocurrencies from theft and unauthorised access.
5) Answer: C
Department of Commerceis the parent agency of Gems and Jewellery Export Promotion Council.
The World Gold Council (WGC) and Gems and Jewellery Export Promotion Council (GJEPC) sign an agreement to promote gold jewellery in India.
Under the terms of the agreement, both the partners will jointly fund a multi-media marketing campaign that would aim to increase awareness, relevance and adoption of gold jewellery among Indian consumers, especially millennials and the new generation
6) Answer: D
AnMoU signed between ICCR (Indian Council for Cultural Relations) and Delhi University (DU) to set up Bangabandhu Chair at DU as a tribute to Sheikh MujiburRahman, the first president of Bangladesh
The Chair will focus on the common heritage of the two countries and subjects like Anthropology, Buddhist Studies, Geography, and History, Modern Indian languages including Bangla, Music, Fine Arts, Political Science, International relations and Sociology.
7) Answer: D
The Indian Navy received the 10th anti-submarine warfare aircraft P-8I from the US-based aerospace company Boeing.
The aircraft is used for maritime reconnaissance and anti-submarine warfare.
In 2009, The Defence Ministry had first signed a contract for eight P-8I aircraft & in 2016, it signed a contract for four additional P-8I aircraft.
India was the first international customer of Boeing for this aircraft.
8) Answer: E
Cuba has developed the world’s first conjugate Covid-19 vaccine Soberana 2 (Sovereign 2).
It is delivered with a booster shot of Soberana Plus, is about 91 per cent effective against symptomatic Covid-19 cases.
9) Answer: B
A New Book Titled The Struggle Within: A Memoir of the Emergency by Ashok Chakravarti Authored by Ashok Chakravarti.
The book is published by HarperCollins India.
10) Answer: C
Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu, the first copy of the English translation of ThummetiRaghothama Reddy’s book- Terrace Garden: MiddeThota.
The book, originally written in Telugu & Publisher of the book is YadlapalliVenkateswaraRao.
11) Answer: D
India will host the World Badminton Championships in 2026.
This will only be the second time that India will be hosting the world championship.
India had hosted the BWF World Championships in Hyderabad in 2009.
12) Answer: A
West Indies Cricketer Chris Gayle becomes 1st batsman to score 14,000 runs in T20 cricket.
He achieved the feat during the third T20I match between the West Indies and Australia in St Lucia.
Chris Gayle is the only player to score a triple century.
Gayle is the first ever batsman to hit 1000 sixes in T20 cricket.
He was awarded the Most Valuable Player in the 2011 Indian Premier League and held the Orange Cap in 2012.
13) Answer: B
Former Indian batsman Yashpal Sharma, who was also a member of the KapilDev-led World Cup-winning team, Passed away.He was 66.
Yashpal Sharma was an Indian international cricketer.
He was an explosive middle order batsman who played during the 1970s and 80s.
He was a member of the India team that won the 1983 Cricket World Cup.
14) Answer: E
Former WWE Wrestler Paul Orndorff Passed Away. He was 71.
Paul ParletteOrndorff Jr. was an American professional wrestler & he was nicknamed Mr. Wonderful.
He was famous for his appearances with the World Wrestling Federation (WWF) and World Championship Wrestling (WCW).
He was retired in 2000. He was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2005 and the National Wrestling Alliance Hall of Fame in 2009.
15) Answer: C
The Indian researchers have spotted an extremely luminous, powerful, hydrogen deficient, fast-evolving supernova that shines with the energy borrowed from an exotic type of neutron star with an ultra-powerful magnetic field.
Supernovae (SNe) are highly energetic explosions in the universe releasing an enormous amount of energy.
Such types of supernovae called SuperLuminous Supernova (SLSNe) are very rare.
Deeper investigations could explore the underlying physical mechanisms, possible predecessors, and environments hosting such rare explosions and their possible associations with other energetic explosions like Gamma-ray bursts (GRBs) and Fast Radio Bursts (FRBs).