Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs Questions Quiz for bank exam SBI RRB SSC PO & Clerk Exam 2019 of 20th July 2019. Daily GK quiz online for bank & competitive exam. Here we have given the Daily Current Affairs Quiz based on the previous days Daily Current Affairs updates. Candidates preparing for RRB, SSC, PO and Clerk Exam 2019 & competitive exams can make use of these Current Affairs Quiz.
1) The Central Government has reconstituted the Air India Specific Alternative Mechanism (AISAM) panel for disinvestment in Air India. Who is the head of the reconstituted panel?
a) Nitin Gadkari
b) Piyush Goyal
c) Nirmala Sitharaman
d) Amit Shah
e) Narendra Modi
2) Which city hosted the 10th Jagran Film festival?
b) New Delhi
3) Recently, the Health Ministry has signed an MoU with ___________ to strengthen the efforts towards a TB-Free India by 2025.
a) Ministry of AYUSH
b) Ministry of Defence
c) Ministry of Rural Development
d) Ministry of HRD
e) Both (A) and (B)
4) Name the first ever foreign bank to receive the in-principle approvals for setting up its IFSC Banking Unit in Gujarat International Finance Tec-City (GIFT City)
a) DBS Bank
b) United Overseas Bank
d) Standard Chartered
e) None of these
5) Recently the World Bank has dropped the Andhra Pradesh government’s Amaravati Sustainable Infrastructure and Institutional Development Project from its project list and will not fund the project anymore. What is the total cost of the project?
a) USD 350 million
b) USD 500 million
c) USD 600 million
d) USD 800 million
e) USD 700 million
6) The 5th edition of the International Police Expo 2019 was held in which city?
d) New Delhi
7) The 9th Edition of South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) Film Festival for the year 2019 was held in which city?
8) Who has been appointed by the ACC as the Chairman of the Inland Waterways Authority of India?
a) Rajesh Verma
b) Ram Mehar Singh Thalor
c) Jyoti Arora
d) Amita Prasad
e) None of these
9) Name the IFS officer who was appointed private secretary to PM Narendra Modi recently.
a) Vivek Kumar
b) Nandan Sharma
c) Mukesh Thakur
d) Sanjay Kireeti
e) None of these
10) Who was has been appointed the Indian Ambassador to Israel, recently?
a) Nitin Jadav
b) Sanjay Rajput
c) Dinesh Sharma
d) Rakesh Verma
e) Sanjeev Kumar Singla
11) Upender Singh Rawat, A 1998-batch IFS officer, was appointed as India’s next Ambassador to which country?
a) Costa Rica
12) Anandiben Patel has been transferred and appointed as the new Governor of which state?
a) Uttar Pradesh
b) West Bengal
d) Madhya Pradesh
13) Name the Managing director and chair of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) who announced resigning from the position.
a) Christine Lagarde
b) Angela Merkel
c) Janet Yellen
d) Cristina Fernandez
e) None of these
14) Which MFI wins award from Nabard for SHG linkage in Tamil Nadu?
a) Repco Micro Finance
b) Can Fin Homes Ltd
c) Indiabulls Housing Finance
d) PNB Housing Finance
e) None of these
15) According to the Brand Finance India 100 2019 report, which company has become India’s most valuable brand for the second straight year in 2019?
16) Indian sports person Arjun Bhati is related with which sport?
17) Name the 15-year-old boy from Gurgaon who has become India’s 64th Grandmaster.
a) Ravindra Nath
b) Prithu Gupta
c) Brijendra Kumar
d) Nitin Verma
e) Suresh Setty
18) Marc Batchelor who passed away recently was a former player of
b) Formula Racing
1) Answer: D)
- The government reconstituted a group of ministers tasked with working out the modalities for sale of Air India.
- The GoM, called the Air India Specific Alternative Mechanism, will now be headed by home minister Amit Shah and comprise three other ministers. The earlier panel had five members. The other ministers in the panel will be finance minister Nirmala Sitharaman, commerce and railway minister Piyush Goyal and civil aviation minister Hardeep Singh Puri.
- In its first attempt, the Central Government had invited bids from investors in 2018 to buy out the government’s 76 percent stake in Air India. However, this failed as the investors did not put in their bids. Hence the committee has been reconstituted to start the bidding process from a new point.
2) Answer: B)
Union Information and Broadcasting Minister Prakash Javadekar inaugurated the 10th Jagran Film festival at Siri Fort Auditorium in New Delhi.
3) Answer: E)
- Union Health Ministry signed an MoU with the Ministries of Defence, Railways and AYUSH to eliminate tuberculosis from India by 2025.
- The aim of the scheme is to provide quality healthcare at more than 400 polyclinics. So, now these polyclinics will identify TB cases if any and refer it for TB diagnosis
4) Answer: D)
- The GIFT City said UK-based Standard Chartered will be the first foreign bank to launch operations at International Financial Services Centre (IFSC).
- Standard Chartered has received in-principle regulatory approvals to set up its IFSC Banking Unit (IBU) in Gujarat International Finance Tec-City (GIFT City)
5) Answer: E)
- In a major development, the World Bank has ‘dropped’ the $700-million Andhra Pradesh Amaravati Sustainable Infrastructure and Institutional Development Project that seeks to develop the greenfield capital of Andhra Pradesh.
- The World Bank has committed $300 million out of the total project cost of $700 million.
- The project, a vision of former Chief Minister, N Chandrababu Naidu, to build a world class capital, is being implemented by the Andhra Pradesh Capital Region Development Authority (APCRDA), which has the mandate to develop the Amaravati capital region.
- The project, approved last year, was aimed at providing urban infrastructure in designated locations in the capital and supporting the initial development of its institutional and governance structure.
6) Answer: D)
- The 5th edition of the International Police Expo 2019 has been organised in Pragati Maidan, New Delhi. The event will be held from July 19, 2019 to July 20, 2019.
- International Police Expo 2019 is the only exhibition which is focused on Police personnel. In this police representatives of different nations and policing security equipment and technology suppliers come together to meet their business opportunities related to internal security, Training, Protection and Rescue
7) Answer: B)
- The 9th Edition of South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) Film Festival for the year 2019 was held at the National Film Corporation Cinema Hall, Colombo, Sri Lanka from July 2-7, 2019. It was conducted by the SAARC Cultural Centre.
- It screened 34 films which consisted of 15 feature films, 13 short films and 6 master films from the SAARC Member states of Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka.
- Indian entries bagged 6 awards.
- Nagarkirtan, a Bengali film, was awarded the Best Feature Film.
- Best Director Award was conferred to Kaushik Ganguly for Nagarkirtan.
- Riddhi Sen won the best actor award and Prabuddha Bannerjee bagged Best Original Score for Nagarkirtan.
- Best Short Film Award was conferred to Na Bole Wo Haram directed by Nitish Patan.
- Special Jury Award for Direction and Story was conferred to ‘Walking with the Wind’, by Praveen Morchhale.
8) Answer: D)
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) has approved the appointment of Amita Prasad (IAS) as Chairperson of Inland Waterways Authority of India.
- Inland Waterways Authority of India is an arm of Ministry of Shipping
- Prasad is currently serving as Director General, National Productivity Council (NPC), Department for Promotion of Industry & Internal Trade, Ministry of Commerce & Industry.
- Arun Kumar Jha, 1985 batch IES official, has been appointed as the Director General of National Productivity Council (NPC).
9) Answer: A)
- Indian Foreign Service (IFS) officer Vivek Kumar was appointed as private secretary to Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet, headed by the prime minister, cleared the new assignment for Kumar, who is currently working as Director in the Prime Minister’s Office.
10) Answer: E)
- Sanjeev Kumar Singla, a 1997-batch Indian Foreign Service (IFS) officer, has been appointed the Indian Ambassador to Israel,
- Before this, Singla was serving as Private Secretary (PS) to Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- He will replace Pavan Kapoor, who assumed charage as the Ambassador to Israel in 2016
11) Answer: c)
- Upender Singh Rawat, A 1998-batch IFS officer, was appointed as India’s next Ambassador to Panama
- He will be succeeding Ravi Thapar
12) Answer: A)
- Anandiben Patel has been transferred and appointed as the new Governor of Uttar Pradesh
- Shri Jagdeep Dhankhar as Governor of West Bengal
- Shri Ramesh Bais as Governor of Tripura
- Shri Lal Ji Tandon, Governor of Bihar is transferred and appointed as Governor of Madhya Pradesh
- Shri Phagu Chauhan as Governor of Bihar
- Shri R. N. Ravi as Governor of Nagaland
13) Answer: A)
- Managing director and chair of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) Christine Lagarde has announced she is to resign from her role, stepping down on 12 September
- She has been head of the IMF since 2011
14) Answer: A)
- Repco Micro Finance, an NBFC-MFI promoted by Repco Bank, has received Nabard’s award for outstanding performance in terms of self-help group (SHG) linkage in Tamil Nadu for 2018-19.
- The Chennai-headquartered micro finance institution currently operates from 90 branches in Tamil Nadu and Puducherry and has an employee strength of about 600 people.
- Repco Micro Finance has provided SHG loans worth Rs 3,600 crore to over 12 lakh individual beneficiaries through 60,000 SHGs since its establishment in 2007
15) Answer: B)
- The brand “Tata” has become India’s most valuable brand for the second straight year in 2019, according to the Brand Finance India 100 2019 report.
- Tata’s brand value rose 37% to $19.6 billion as compared to $14.2 billion in 2018, surpassing the combined value of the second and third most valued brands in India.
- The second most valued brand this year was the government-owned Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) at $7.3 billion and a close third was Infosys at $6.5 billion.
16) Answer: A)
- India’s Arjun Bhati defeated Taiwan’s Jeremy Chen to win the FCG Callaway Junior world Golf Championship 2019 in Palm Desert, California.
- He was followed by Chen and New Zealand’s Joshua Bai at second and third positions with 202 and 207 strokes respectively.
17) Answer: B)
- Prithu Gupta, a 15-year-old boy from Gurgaon, has become India’s 64th Grandmaster
- He crossed the Elo threshold of 2500 points, beating IM Lev Yankelevich in the fifth round of the Portuguese League, 2019
- Anand had become India’s first Grandmaster in 1988
18) Answer: D)
- Former South Africa footballer Marc Batchelor was shot dead near his home in Johannesburg.
- He was attacked by two men who were driving a motorbike.
- The 49-year-old, who played for South African teams Kaizer Chiefs, Orlando Pirates and Mamelodi Sundowns, was shot in his car.