Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs Questions Quiz for bank exam SBI RRB SSC PO & Clerk Exam 2019 of 28th & 29th July 2019. Daily GK quiz online for bank & competitive exam. Here we have given the Daily Current Affairs Quiz based on the previous days Daily Current Affairs updates. Candidates preparing for RRB, SSC, PO and Clerk Exam 2019 & competitive exams can make use of these Current Affairs Quiz.
1) The 22nd edition of National Conference on e-Governance 2019 will be held in ____________.
2) Atal Innovation Mission has launched a new programme for Community Innovation in New Delhi. Who among the following will inaugurate the programme?
a) Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank
b) Dharmendra Pradhan.
c) Amit Shah
d) Both (A) and (B)
e) Both (A) and (C)
3) Prahlad Singh Patel has launched the mobile library bus service under the “Ghar Ghar Dastak Ghar Ghar Pustak” Scheme. The scheme belongs to which state?
e) Andhra Pradesh
4) Which country will host the WorldSkills International Competition 2019?
5) 10 historic monuments to be open from sunrise till 9 p.m. Which among the following is not included in the list?
a) Rajarani Temple in Bhubaneswar
b) Dulhadev Temple in Khajuraho
c) Shekh Chilli Tomb in Kurukshetra
d) Group of Monuments at Pattadakal in Karnataka
e) None of these
6) India has launched the initiative ‘Innovating for Clean Air’ (IfCA) in partnership with which country?
b) United Kingdom
7) What is the total value of the deal between India and Russia to acquire Russia’s R-27 air-to-air missiles?
a) Rs 3,000 crore
b) Rs 2,000 crore
c) Rs 2,500 crore
d) Rs 1,000 crore
e) Rs 1,500 crore
8) As per the data of the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), India received the highest ever FDI inflow in 2018-19. The FDI inflow in FY19 stood at __________
a) USD 58.74 billion
b) USD 76.18 billion
c) USD 64.37 billion
d) USD 52.81 billion
e) USD 62.81 billion
9) Who has been appointed as the new Finance Secretary?
a) Subhash Chandra Garg
b) Hasmukh Adhia
c) Rajiv Kumar
d) Rajiv Mehrishi
e) None of these
10) Who has been nominated by the Appointment Committee as a Director on the Central Board of Directors of RBI to replace Subhash Chandra Garg?
a) Atanu Chakraborty
b) Anil Kumar Khachi
c) Ajay Kumar Bhalla
d) Anshu Prakash
e) None of these
11) V G Siddhartha who died recently after committing suicide was the founder of ___________
a) Burger King
c) Cafe Coffee Day
e) IBACA IceCreams
12) Subir Vithal Gokarn passed away at the age of 60. He was a veteran ____________
e) Sports Person
1) Answer: A)
- The Department of Administrative Reforms & Public Grievances (DARPG), in association with Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MeitY), Government of India and the State Government of Meghalaya will organize the 22nd National Conference on e-Governance 2019 on 8-9th August, 2019 at Shillong, Meghalaya.
- This is the first time the event is being organized in North-Eastern region of the country.
- This Conference provides a platform to disseminate knowledge on effective methods of designing and implementing sustainable e-Governance initiatives to provide end-to-end Digital Services, exchange experiences in solving problems, mitigating risks, resolving issues and planning for success.
- The theme of this Conference is “Digital India: Success to Excellence”.
2) Answer: D)
- Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas &Steel Dharmendra Pradhan launched Atal Community Innovation Centre (ACIC) in New Delhi, to encourage the spirit of innovation at the community level. This initiative aims to encourage the spirit of innovation through solution-driven design thinking to serve society.
- Atal Innovation Mission has a key role to perform in order to achieve the target of five trillion dollar economy by 2025.
- ACIC programme aims to encourage the spirit of innovation at the community level in specific areas that lack the required infrastructure and facilitating innovation ecosystem.
- ACIC programme would focus in over 484 districts located in unserved/underserved regions of India.
- ACIC Program Director – Dr. Unnat Pandit
3) Answer: D)
- Culture and Tourism Minister Prahlad Singh Patel on flagged off a mobile library bus service which aims to reach out to readers in Delhi, especially those in slums, resettlement colonies and rural areas.
- The five-bus mobile library service was launched under the “Ghar Ghar Dastak Ghar Ghar Pustak” Scheme of the Delhi Public Library (DPL).
- According to the ministry, the buses have been procured under CSR (corporate social responsibility) assistance from the Airports Authority of India (AAI).
- The minister also directed the DPL to maintain a special collection of books on eminent personalities which must be made available to the masses through the mobile library buses.
4) Answer: A)
- The 45th WorldSkills Competition will be held at the KAZAN EXPO International Exhibition Centre in Kazan, Russia in August 2019.
- Also referred as the ‘Olympics for Skills’, the event is scheduled in Kazan, Russia from 22nd to 27th August 2019.
- More than 1,500 competitors from 60 countries will compete in 55 skill competitions at this mega event. India will participate in 44 skills including mobile robotics, prototype modelling, hairdressing, baking, confectionary & patisserie, welding, brick laying, car painting, floristry among others.
5) Answer: E)
- The Culture Ministry Union Culture and Tourism Minister Prahlad Patel has decided to keep 10 heritage sites open for public from sunrise to 9 pm.
- At present, gates of most monuments are closed for visitors by 6 pm.
- Apart from the Humayun’s Tomb and Safdarjung Tomb in Delhi, the extended timings will apply to Rajarani Temple in Bhubaneswar, Dulhadev Temple in Khajuraho, Shekh Chilli Tomb in Kurukshetra, Group of Monuments at Pattadakal in Karnataka, Gol Gumbaj in Karnataka, Group of Temples in Maharashtra (Markanda), Man Mahal in Uttar Pradesh (Varanasi) and Rani ki Baav in Paatan Gujarat.
- The change in timings will be effective for a period of three years.
6) Answer: B)
- India and UK have launched a joint initiative named Innovating for Clean Air (IfCA) that will provide its stakeholders an opportunity to test interventions related to air quality and EV integration. It was launched in Bengaluru.
- The programme is led by Innovate UK — part of UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) — and is funded by the Newton Fund. The key partners for the programme are the Indian Institute of Science, Enzen, Project Lithium, Confederation of Indian Industry, C40 Cities and Clean Air Platform.
7) Answer: E)
- India has signed a deal worth around Rs 1,500 crore to acquire R-27 air-to-air missiles from Russia.
- It will be equipped on the Su-30MKI combat aircraft.
- The R-27 missile is a medium-to-long-range air-to-air missile developed by Russia for its MiG and Sukhoi series of fighter jets.
8) Answer: C)
- India received the highest-ever FDI inflow of $64.37 billion during the fiscal ended March 2019.
- According to the Annual Report 2018-19 of the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), foreign direct investments (FDI) worth $286 billion were received in the country in past five year.
- Highlighting the importance of FDI, it said the foreign inflows bring in resources, the latest technology and best practices to push economic growth on to a higher trajectory.
9) Answer: C)
- The Appointments Committtee of the Cabinet has approved the appoitment of Rajiv Kumar as the new Secretary of the Ministry of Finance.
- Mr. Kumar is the most senior official among the five Secretaries in the Ministry. As per the norm, the most senior IAS officer in the Ministry is designated as the Finance Secretary.
- He has replaced Subhash Chandra Garg was shunted out of the Ministry and posted as Secretary, Ministry of Power.
10) Answer: A)
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) stated that Economic Affairs Secretary Atanu Chakraborty has been nominated on its central board.
- The central government has nominated Atanu Chakraborty, secretary, Department of Economic Affairs, Ministry of Finance, Government of India, New Delhi as a director on the Central Board of Directors of Reserve Bank of India vice Shri Subhash Chandra Garg.
- Shri Rajiv Kumar, the new Finance Secretary is also a Director on the Central Board of Directors of Reserve Bank of India.
11) Answer: C)
- The founder of cafe chain Café Coffee Day V G Siddhartha has passed away as he committed suicide. He served as the Chairman and Managing Director of CCD.
- Non-Executive lndependent Director S.V. Ranganath has been named the interim chairman, Nitin Bagmane will be the interim COO.
12) Answer: B)
- Eminent economist and former RBI deputy governor Subir Gokarn passed away.
- Gokarn was appointed as an executive director on the board of the IMF. He was appointed the deputy governor of the RBI in 2009 for a term of three years and had the distinction of being the youngest deputy governor at that time. He was also associated with Brooking’s India.