Data Interpretation Test Practice – Day 47 | Data Interpretation Questions:
Dear Readers, Important Practice Data Interpretation Questions for IBPS Exams 2017 was given here with Solutions. Aspirants those who are preparing for the Bank Examination and other Competitive Examination can use this material.
Direction (Q 1-5) Given below is the table showing the percentage profit of 2 companies, Airtel and Jio from year 2006 to 2010. The pie charts show the percentage distribution of total income of each company in different years. Study the data carefully and answer the following questions.
|Profit (in Percentage)|
- The expenditure of Airtel in 2008 is approximately how much percent less/more than that of Jio in 2009?
- The total income of Airtel in years 2006, 2007 and 2008 together is what percent more than the total income of Jio for the same years? (Calculate up to two decimal points)
- The income of Jio in 2010 is approximately how much less/more than the average expenditure of Airtel for years 2007, 2009 and 2010?
- What is approximately the collective profit of Airtel and Jio for years 2009 and 2010?
- 350 cr.
- 270 cr.
- 290 cr.
- 307 cr.
- 298 cr.
- Calculate the difference of expenditures of Airtel and Jio in 2011 if their expenditure in 2011 is 80% and 90% of their income in 2010 respectively?
- 567 cr.
- 257 cr.
- 447 cr.
- 120 cr.
- None of these
Direction (6-10): Study the following Question carefully and answer the questions given below it.
The following table shows the ratio of downstream speed and upstream speed on various days of the week and it also shows the Distance covered by the boat in downstream during these days and the line diagram shows the time taken by the boat in hours to cover the distance.
Note- All the values are whole numbers.
6) If the speed of upstream on Tuesday and Thursday was equal and the numeric sum of downstream speed and upstream on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday together was 47 km/h then find the total distance covered by the boat on Thursday.
- 160 kms
- 186 kms
- 174 kms
- 198 kms
- can’t be determined
7) If the distance covered in upstream on Friday and Wednesday are in the ratio 2:5 then find the distance covered on Friday in upsteam.
- 54 kms
- 64 kms
- 44 kms
- 48 kms
- None of these
8). The city is in the form of rhombus as shown in the fig and two rives are in the form of diagonals. River AC flows in direction A to C and river DB flows in direction B to D. A boatman is given the challenge on Monday to make two round trips in river i.e to cross both the river 2 times in the stipulated time as per given in line diagram. The boatman follows the following pattern starting from point A to complete the challenge
AC–>CD–>DB–>BA–>AC–>CD–>DB and hence the boatman was able to complete the challenge. Ignoring the time and distance covered on foot i.e CD and BA, the total distance covered in river was 464 kms. Find the area of city.
- 6720 km^2
- 7720 km^2
- 5720 km^2
- 4720 km^2
- 8720 km^2
9). If the ratio of downstream distance on Tuesday and upstream distance on Thursday are in the ratio 5:6. Then find the ratio of upstream distance on Tuesday and downstream distance on Thursday.
10). If the distance covered in upstream on Saturday was 713/7% of total upstream distance of Tuesday and Wednesday together and time taken in upstream is 20% of the time taken in upstream of Wednesday and Thursday together and ratio of speed of boat in still water and speed of water is 6:1. Then find the speed of boat in still water.
- 54 km/h
- 48 km/h
- 60 km/h
- 42 km/h