Education Budget 2021: The Union Budget 2021 – Key measures of Education Budget 2021 Highlights Discussed Here. The Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has announced the Union Budget For the Financial Year 2021. As many announcements were made by the Union Finance Minister regarding Farmer, Infrastructure and also mentioned the key measures for Education Sector. The Key activities of Education Budget 2021 highlights include the Emphasis on NEP, International Research Collaboration, and Creating a Higher Education Commission. Here, this article Education Budget 2021 Highlights will provide the complete details in a clear manner.
Get More updates: Union Budget 2021 Highlights
Highlights of Education Budget 2021
The Key measures are taken to implement the Education Budget 2021 Highlights are discussed here:
- Financial Year 2021-2022, the Education Budget 2021 Highlights, allocated for the Ministry of Education is Rs 93,224 crore.
- Higher Education Commission is going to be implemented through Legislation.
- To achieve the goals of the National Education Policy, 15,000 schools across the country will be strengthened and will serve as exemplar schools in that region.
- Construction of 100 new Sainik schools across the country.
- National Professional Standards for Teachers (NPST) will be enhanced to set the standards for school teachers.
- More than 90 lakh public and private school teachers will get result for NPST standards
- To get better synergy for Institutions, Formal Umbrella structures are going to set up to bring research institutions, colleges, and universities in nine cities.
- 750 Eklavya Model Residential Schools will be set up in Tribal areas. The unit cost of each school is increased from 38 crores to 48 crores.
- Rs 3000 crore allocated for graduates and diploma holders in Engineering to enhance the opportunities for apprenticeship initiatives.
- The National Digital Educational Architecture (NDEAR) will be set up to support teaching and learning activities.
- Union Government will work on standardizing and developing a curriculum to use the Indian sign language across the country.
- National Initiative for School Heads and Teachers for Holistic Advancement (NISTHA) will train 56 lakh school teachers in 2021-22 digitally.
- CBSE Board Exams reforms will be introduced in a phased manner from 2022-23. Students to be tested on conceptual clarity, analytical skills, and application of knowledge to real-life situations.
- For ease of access to higher education in Ladakh, Education Budget 2021 has proposed a setup of a central university in Leh.
The New Education policy, for three decades first time aimed at promoting the educational institutions and Flexible in education which is to be delivered Face to face and online models. The finance minister also proposed a “Glue Fund” and higher education cluster. The overall view about the Education Budget 2021 Highlights is clearly discussed for your reference.