Dear Readers, Exam Race for the Year 2019 has already started, To enrich your preparation here we are providing new series of Practice Questions on English– Section for CWC/FCI Exam. Aspirants, practice these questions on a regular basis to improve your score in aptitude section. Start your effective preparation from the right beginning to get success in upcoming CWC/FCI Exam.[WpProQuiz 5901]
Directions (1-10): Fill in the blanks with the correct option that fills all the three blanks properly.
1) The Delhi High Court on Monday ____________response of the Centre on Johnson and Johnson’s plea ____________the orders by which it was directed to compensate patients who received faulty hip implants __________by the company.
a) Sought, challenging , made
b) Seek, quashing, produced
c) Requested, challenged, invented
d) Seek, challenging, made
e) Sought, challenges, making
2) The administration of Maldives President Ibrahim Mohamed Solih ____________ a shot in the arm with the parliamentary election held over the weekend. His Maldivian Democratic Party is poised to ___________ more than 60 out of 87 seats, ___________the way for easy passage of bills and a policy agenda with a realistic chance of implementation.
a) has received, collect, paved
b) had receiving, strengthen, fostering
c) had receive, garner, nurturing
d) has been receiving, gathered, paved
e) has received , garner ,paving
3) When Mr. Solih __________India in December, a $1.4 billion financial assistance package for the Maldives ____________ announced, and the two governments agreed to ___________ holders of diplomatic and official passports from visa requirements.
a) Visited, was, removed
b) Went, have, allowing
c) Visits, has been, exempting
d) Visited, was ,exempt
e) Travelled, has, delete
4) The chiefs of the Samajwadi Party-Bahujan Samaj Party-Rashtriya Lok Dal combine___________the gauntlet to the ___________Bharatiya Janata Party in Deoband ____________western Uttar Pradesh on Sunday.
a) threw up, ruling, on
b) Throw at, ruling, into
c) Threw down, ruling, at
d) Threw, ruling, at
e) threw down , ruling , in
5) Their ___________positions on the use of English is a case in point — the SP __________rather late in blunting its anti-English edge, while the BSP’s Ambedkarite politics ___________it as a tool of empowerment.
a) Opposing, has been , considers
b) Opposed, will have, considering
c) Defending, will have been, considering
d) Supporting, have, considers
e) Supportive, have been, considers
6) By __________hands with the RLD, which has a Jat base in western U.P., and __________to Muslims forcefully, the two parties are ___________to draw voters with a show of winnability.
a) Joining, reaching out, seeking
b) Clapping, reach out, sought
c) Joined, reach through, seeking
d) Folding, reach into, seeked
e) Joined, reaching off, sought
7) Mr. Bridenstine ___________employees of the NASA five days after India ___________ a low-orbiting satellite in a missile test to prove it was ___________the world’s advanced space powers.
a) Was addressed, shot through, among
b) Was addressing, shot down, among
c) Addressed, shot up, between
d) Is addressing, shot, among
e) Has been addressing, shot out, out of
8) “More than a third of the births are delivered by caesarean section ___________the richest quintile and ___________several states of South India such Andhra Pradesh, Kerala and Telangana – with rates above 50% reported in some districts”, underlines Alexandre Dumont, demographer at the Population and Development Center, The French Research Institute for Development, Paris in a release. He is one of the authors of the study ___________in JAMA Network Open.
a) Across, at, publishing
b) Across, around, published
c) Among, under, published
d) Between, into, publishing
e) Among, in, published
9) The International Space station has debris shields___________around the crewed modules, each composed of two metal sheets, separated by about 10 cm. The outer bumper shield __________the impact energy to shatter the debris object, such that the inner back wall can ___________the resulting spray of smaller-sized fragments.
a) Deploys, exploites, withstanding
b) To be deployed, explores, withstanding
c) Deploys, exploited, withstands
d) Deployed, exploits, withstand
e) Deploying, explores, withstanding
10) There is an urgent need ___________the deliveries in clinics and hospitals. The government should __________practitioners and women of the unnecessary risks ____________non-medically justified C-sections.
a) To monitor, inform, of
b) To be monitored, inform, for
c) Monitor, inform, off
d) Would be monitored, informing, into
e) To monitor, informs, of
Direction (1-10) :
1) Answer: a)
sought, challenging, made
The sentence is in past tense, so b) and d) are eliminated. Option a) is suitable choice out of other combinations.
2) Answer: e)
has received, garner, paving
The correct choice is option e) here. The meaning of Garner is to gather or to collect.
3) Answer: d)
visited, was, exempt
The given sentence is in past perfect tense, so others options are easily eliminated.
4) Answer: e)
threw down, ruling , in
Option e) is suitable here as the correct proposition in the third blank should be ‘in’.
5) Answer: a)
opposing, has been, considers
From the choices given in options, option a) has the suitable combination.
6) Answer: a)
joining, reaching out, seeking
Since the sentence is in present tense, options b), d) and e) are eliminated. Option a) is suitable.
7) Answer: b)
was addressing, shot down, among
The sentense is in the past perfect form , so option b) is the only correct choice here.
8) Answer: e)
among, in, published
The correct form of preposition will be ‘in’ while denoting a place.
9) Answer: d)
deployed, exploits, withstand
Only option d) is correct here as the correct form of verb should be ‘deployed’.
10) Answer: a)
to monitor, inform, of
The correct preposition should be ‘of’. So other options are discarded, Only a) is suitable here.