Dear Readers, Exam Race for the Year 2019 has already started, To enrich your preparation here we are providing a new series of Practice Questions on English section for CWC/FCI Exam. Aspirants, practice these english questions on a regular basis to improve your score in the English section. Start your effective preparation from the right beginning to get success in the upcoming CWC/FCI Exam.
Directions (1-5): Find out the Antonym from the Following:
1) She had an ETHEREAL glow on her face, when the sun rays fell on her.
2) My friend is so GARRULOUS that she can never keep a secret.
3) Something WEIRD is going on here for a long time now.
4) My pet has developed a RAVENOUS appetite over the years.
5) My mother has always been my most JUDICIOUS critic
Directions (6-10): Find out the Synonym from the Following:
6) Her NONCHALANT reply was simply a “Yes”.
7) When I was young, I was a VORACIOUS reader.
8) The new chapter of Physics PETRIFIED me
9) My friend lives a very HUMBLE and simple life
10) He was OSTRACIZED by his friends for his radical beliefs.
1) Answer: b)
The word means something that cannot be measured. Here it means elegant.
2) Answer: d)
The word means talkative and here it means someone who cannot keep anything to himself/herself for being too chatty.
3) Answer: c)
The word means strange. Here it means the same as something unnatural is going on at a place for a long time.
4) Answer: e)
The word means extremely hungry. Here it means the dog has developed an extreme level of hunger over time.
5) Answer: d)
The word means having a good sense of judgement. Here it means the mother being the correct judge of the person concerned
6) Answer: d)
The word means relaxed. Here it means responding in a very composed manner.
7) Answer: d)
The word means insatiable. A voracious reader is someone who has an unquenchable thirst about reading books.
8) Answer: a)
The meaning of the word is frightened. Here it means the new chapter was frightening.
9) Answer: d)
The word means modesty. Here it means someone who leads a life in an unappealing way and does not catch any kind of unnecessary attention.
10) Answer: a)
The word means rejected) Here it is used to describe a person who has been excluded from his group of friends.