Dear Readers, Exam Race for the Year 2019 has already started, To enrich your preparation here we are providing new series of Practice Questions on English– Section for CWC/FCI Exam. Aspirants, practice these questions on a regular basis to improve your score in aptitude section. Start your effective preparation from the right beginning to get success in upcoming CWC/FCI Exam.[WpProQuiz 5609]
Directions (1-2): The sentences given in each of questions have three blanks. You need to understand which of the options best fit the blanks.
1) India and the Maldives _______to return to the old days of strategic _______when External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj met her counterpart Abdulla Shahid in Male during a brief visit this week.
a) Appeared, bonhomie
b) Seemed, joviality
c) Have, jollity
d) Likes, cheer
e) Cause, close
2) There is indeed an _____ for reset on numerous policies, and some of that has already ___.
a) Admiration, been moved
b) Option, occurred
c) Area, been done
d) Opportunity, happened
e) Evidence, causes
Directions (3-4): Given below are questions with a phrase in bold) You need to understand whether the phrase is correctly used or not. If not, you need to select the option that fits.
3) The tiger turned at Rahul and knocked him senseless
a) Turned in
b) Turned off
c) Turned on
d) Turned about
e) Both a and c
4) Maya turned in the job simply out of sheer lack of interest
a) Turned up
b) Turned out
c) Turned down
d) Turned in
e) Both c and d
5) Match the columns:
d) 1-5, 2-4
e) None of these
d) None of these
e) Both a and b
Directions (7-8): In each of the questions given below a sentence is given which is then divided into five parts, out of which the last part is correct. There is an error in three parts of the sentence and only one part is correct. You have to choose the correct part as your answer.
7) If Ramu did not/ get his acts together/ he will be soon out on his ear/ as the management have started scrutinizing him more/than any other time in the past
a) If Ramu did not
b) Get his acts together
c) He will be soon out on his ear
d) As the management have started scrutinizing him more
e) All are correct
8) It means this / the state authorities would /started looking for the/ disease hardest with more vigil and concern /as it affects the whole population of the state
a) It means this
b) the state authorities would
c) started looking for the
d) disease hardest with more vigil and concern
e) All are correct
9) In the questions given below five words are given in which four of them have a similar meaning and one word is the antonym for the other four words. Choose the word, opposite in meaning to the other four, as your answer
10) In the questions given below five words are given in which four of them have a similar meaning and one word is the antonym for the other four words. Choose the word, opposite in meaning to the other four, as your answer
1) Answer: a)
only option (a) fits the given context correctly.
2) Answer: d)
only option (d) fits the given context correctly.
3) Answer: b)
4) Answer: c)
turned down, which means ‘to reject’.
5) Answer: a)
1 and 5
She also lost no opportunity to position herself equidistant from the congress
and the BJP, the two national parties at the opposite poles of the electoral contest this year.
6) Answer: a)
1 and 6
Though general awareness regarding the same is low the virus is endemic to several states
7) Answer: c)
In a use ‘doesn’t’ instead of ‘didn’t’
In b use ‘act’ instead of ‘acts’
In d use ‘have’ instead of ‘has’
8) Answer : b)
In a use ‘that’ instead of ‘this’
In c use ‘start looking’ instead of ‘started looking’
In d use ‘harder ’ instead of ‘hardest’
9) Answer: e)
‘inconsequential’ is the antonym here and it means not shocking or trifle.
10) Answer: e)
‘calculated’ is the antonym here and it means ‘planned’