Dear Readers, Exam Race for the Year 2019 has already started, To enrich your preparation here we are providing new series of Practice Questions on English– Section for CWC/FCI Exam. Aspirants, practice these questions on a regular basis to improve your score in aptitude section. Start your effective preparation from the right beginning to get success in upcoming CWC/FCI Exam.[WpProQuiz 5846]
Directions (1-5): In the following questions, select the option which is Similar to the word given in bold.
1) At least on one occasion, gunfire erupted as uniformed men fought over whether to crack down on the protesters or protect them, two eyewitnesses said in phone interviews Sunday evening.
c) bottle up
e) shut up
2) The court has indicted him on charges of crimes against humanity and genocide, accusing him of playing “an essential role” in atrocities in Darfur, a region in western Sudan.
3) Four days after her toddler’s health took a turn for the worse, his tiny body wracked by fever, diarrhea and vomiting, Sharon Mbone decided it was time to try yet another medicine.
e) set up
4) With no money to see a doctor, she carried him to the local pharmacy stall, a corrugated shack near her home in Kibera, a sprawling impoverished community here in Nairobi.
5) The shop’s owner, John Otieno, listened as she described her 22-month-old son’s symptoms and rattled off the pharmacological buffet of medicines he had dispensed to her over the previous two weeks.
Directions (6-10): In the following questions, select the option which is opposite to the word given in bold.
6) In what may signal a significant development, some soldiers appeared to be throwing their support behind the uprising.
7) Al-Bashir rose to power in a military coup in 1989, and for much of the time since, he and Sudan have been regarded as pariahs in the West.
8) The US military evacuated its small contingent of troops from the Libyan capital Sunday as rival militias raced to stop the forces of an aspiring strongman, Gen. Khalifa Hifter, from taking control of the city.
9) “The security realities on the ground in Libya are growing increasingly complex and unpredictable,” Gen. Thomas D. Waldhauser of the Marine Corps, the head of US Africa Command.
10) It is more than a decade since the National Commission on Farmers suggested the wider adoption of both rainwater harvesting and aquifer recharge, in order to provide irrigation for small farmers. It is time to take measures that will help communities achieve resilience.
Direction (1-5) :
1) Answer: d)
Synonym of erupted is disgorge or launch.
2) Answer: a)
Indict means to accuse or castidate someone.
3) Answer: a)
All other options are opposite of Wracked.
4) Answer: b)
All other options are opposite of corrugated.
5) Answer: b)
Direction (6-10) :
6) Answer: d)
All other options are synonyms of Uprising.
7) Answer: e)
All other options are synonyms of Pariah.
8) Answer: e)
All others are synonyms of Contingent.
9) Answer: d)
Simplistic is the opposite of complex.
10) Answer: e)
All other options are meaning of resilience.