Dear Readers, SBI Clerk, Syndicate Bank PO and Canara Bank PO Exams were approaching shortly, and this is the right time to rush up your preparation. In Banking examination General Awareness Part plays a most vital role which help aspirants to increase their Overall Score. For Banking Exams you have to focus more on Financial Awareness Part, only few sources are there to provide Expected General/Financial Awareness Questions. Here we have given the List of Expected General Financial Awareness Questions for Upcoming Banking Exams 2018.
We IG Team have provided the Expected General/Financial Awareness Questions Specially for Upcoming Syndicate PO, Canara PO and SBI Clerk Exam 2018.
Click “Start Quiz” to attend these Questions and view Explanation
- As per RBI’s revised guidelines on interest subvention scheme, banks will provide funds to women SHGs in rural areas at how much percentage under DAY-NRLM for FY18?
- 6.8 %
- 6.9 %
- 7.0 %
- 7.1 %
- 7.2 %
- Who will be the new chief executive of India operations of Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corp. Ltd (HSBC)?
- Nilesh Tripathi
- Alex Smith
- Stuart Milne
- Jayant Rikhye
- David Ferguson
Who will be head of the newly constituted task force of RBI on Public Credit Registry (PCR)?
- Which Indian bank has recently signed MoU with Escorts for tractor financing?
- EEPC India has signed pact with which Indian bank for export finance?
- Which of the following insurance company launched India’s first-ever micro-insurance plan ‘Insurance Khata’?
- Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance
- Aviva Life Insurance
- IndiaFirst Life Insurance
- Sun Life Financial
- Under ‘Mission Antyodaya’ Government of India has set minimum balance Rs————-in bank account as one of 21 parameters to assess poverty in Gram Panchayats.
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs approved for the implementation of SBA with SBI for Rs. 10,000 crore for payment of outstanding claims on account of fertilizer subsidy. What is the full form of SBA?
- Specific Banking Arrangement
- Special Banking Arrangement
- Social Banking Arrangement
- Speed Banking Arrangement
- Service Banking Arrangement
- Which of the following bank has launched the digital Supply Chain Finance solution to accelerate working capital loan opportunities for the small and medium enterprises and large corporate clients?
- Which of the following bank launched a new scheme named Pattabhi Sitaramayya – Self Business Group (PS-SBG) for self-help groups (SHGs) to encourage entrepreneurship?
- Canara Bank
- Vijaya Bank
- Karnataka Bank
- Corporation Bank
- Andhra Bank
- Air India has received a loan worth of Rs 1,500 crore from —————- to meet urgent working capital needs.
- ICICI Bank
- IndusInd bank
- None of these
- Which of the following Small Finance Bank has received approval from RBI to operate as Scheduled Commercial Bank?
- AU Small Finance Bank
- Equitas Small Finance Bank
- Suryoday Small Finance Bank
- Utkarsh Small Finance Bank
- ESAF Small Finance Bank
- According to Bank of America Merrill Lynch, India will overtake France and Britain to emerge as world’s fifth largest economy by —————————
14.According to Bank of America Merrill Lynch, India is likely to become world’s third largest economy by 2028 and overtake ——— in nominal gross domestic product (GDP).
15.Which Bank has launched an instant international payment services using Ripple’s enterprise Blockchain Technology Solution for its customers?
- Axis Bank
- ICICI Bank
- Yes bank
- HDFC Bank
- SBI Bank
The RBI said banks will provide funds to women SHGs (self help groups) in rural areas at 7 per cent under the Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana – National Rural Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NRLM) in the current fiscal.
The central bank issued the revised guidelines on interest subvention scheme under DAY-NRLM, as received from the Ministry of Rural Development for implementation by 21 public sector banks and 19 private banks.
Jayant Rikhye has been appointed as the chief executive of India operations of Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corp. Ltd (HSBC), the bank announced. He took charge from 1 December and will be succeeding Stuart Milne.
The Reserve Bank of India has constituted a 10-member ‘High Level Task Force on Public Credit Registry (PCR) for India headed by YM Deosthalee’, which will, among other things, suggest a roadmap for developing a transparent, comprehensive and near-real-time PCR for India.
State Bank of India (SBI), the country’s largest public sector lender, said it has signed an agreement with Escorts Ltd to finance farmers for purchase of Escorts tractors.
The tie-up with Escorts is to promote, market and make accessible, organised finance facility, with superior features, at competitive interest rates to farmers across the country, who wish purchase Powertrac and Farmtrac tractors manufactured by Escorts, a statement issued here said.
The Engineering Export Promotion Council (EEPC) of India has signed a memorandum of understanding with Punjab National Bank to provide easy access to finance for SMEs and merchant exporters of the council.
Punjab National Bank will provide finance with assurance that loans up to Rs 10 crore would be provided within six to seven weeks at competitive rate.
- Answer: (D). India’s first-ever micro-insurance plan ‘Insurance Khata’ was launched by IndiaFirst Life Insurance for those who are in informal sector and agriculture with seasonal incomes. It provides flexibility to pay premium in parts depending on periodicity of income, with minimum premium INR 500.
- Answer: (D). Central Government has set Rs 10,000 minimum balance in bank account as one of 21 parameters to assess poverty in Gram Panchayats under ‘Mission Antyodaya’, that aims to create 50000 poverty-free Gram Panchayats. Mission Antyodaya is a convergence framework for measurable effective outcomes on parameters that transform lives and livelihoods.
- Answer: (B). The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs approved for the implementation of Special Banking Arrangement (SBA) with SBI for Rs. 10,000 crore for payment of outstanding claims on account of fertilizer subsidy in the year 2016-17.
- Answer: (B). BOB’s digital Supply Chain Finance solution has been designed to ensure faster approvals, smoother transaction processing and availability of finance to the Small and Medium Enterprises and Large Corporate Clients.
10 .Answer: (E). Andhra Bank launched a new scheme for self-help groups (SHGs) to encourage entrepreneurship, named Pattabhi Sitaramayya — Self Business Group (PS-SBG). Under this, SHG’s having five years of association with Bank and having successfully completed 3 credit rotations with good repayment record, will be eligible for a loan.
11.Answer: (E). Air India has sought received a loan worth of Rs 1,500 crore from Bank of India (BOI) to meet urgent working capital needs.
- Answer: (A). AU Small Finance Bank received Reserved Bank of India (RBI) approval to operate as Scheduled Commercial Bank, Now, it can do borrowing and lending with RBI under Liquidity Adjustment Facility (LAF) and Marginal Standing Facility (MSF).
13 Answer: (B). India has already overtaken Brazil and Russia to emerge as the second largest BRICS economy after China and is well on track to cross France and Britain to emerge as the world’s fifth largest economy by 2019.
- Answer: (C). As per Bank of America Merrill Lynch’s report titled India 2028 India will emerge as third-largest economy, overtaking Japan in nominal GDP by 2028.
- Answer: (A). The bank has launched a service for its retail customers in India to receive payments from RAKBANK in UAE while its corporate customers in India can receive payments from Standard Chartered Bank in Singapore.