FCI AGM General Administration Syllabus: Food Corporation of India (FCI) has released the official notification for Category I Recruitment for the posts of Assistant General Manager (General Administration/ Technical/ Accounts/ Law) and Medical Officer in its offices spread all over the country. A total of 89 vacancies have announced for the category 1 posts. In this article, we are discussing the FCI AGM General Administration Syllabus 2021. Candidates preparing for the FCI AGM Examination can download the detailed FCI AGM General Administration Syllabus from the link given below. Get to know the topic-wise syllabus for each section. In this article, we are discussing the exam pattern and Syllabus of the examination.
FCI Notificaton 2021: Important Dates
Check below the important dates regarding FCI recruitment 2021.
|Release of Notification||27th February 2021.|
|Starting Date of FCI online application||01st March 2021|
|Last Date to Apply Online for FCI Exam||31st March 2021|
|Release of admit card||10 days prior to the examination.|
|FCI Exam Dates||May / June 2021 (tentative)|
FCI AGM Recruitment: Selection Process
The selection process of the FCI Recruitment 2021 consists of two stages.
- Online test.
The weightage assigned for Online Test and interview is 90% and 10% respectively. There will be no negative marking for the wrong answers.
FCI AGM Exam Pattern
For Assistant General Manager (General Administration) Posts
|Sections||No. of Questions||Duration|
|Reasoning, Data Analysis, Numerical Ability||45||2.5 hours (150 minutes)|
|General Awareness, Current Affairs||45|
|Management and Ethics||45|
|Agriculture, Agriculture Economy and Computer awareness||45|
FCI AGM General Administration Syllabus:
- History of Computers and its fundamentals
- MS Excel
- MS Office
- Computer Software & Hardware
- Database Management System
- Computer Networks
- Networking & Internet
- Important Abbreviations and file extensions
Reasoning Ability: FCI AGM General Administration Syllabus
- Seating Arrangement
- Blood relation
- Data Sufficiency
- Number Series (Missing+Wrong)
- Data Interpretation (Tabular, Pie-chart, bar graph, line chart, mixed DI, radar-based DI)
- Quantity based sums
- Quadratic EquationsSimplification / Approximation
- Application sums topics (Simple and Compound Interest, Time & Work, Time &
- Distance, Partnership, Ratio & Proportion, Problem on Ages, Probability, etc.)
- Current Affairs (past 4-5 months)
- Union Budget
- SportsScience-related news
- Static G.K. topics
- Latest Appointments, Obituaries, Awards, and summits
- Important News and Acts related to FCI
- History of FCI
Management And Ethics: FCI AGM General Administration Syllabus
- Fundamentals of Management & Organisational Behaviour
- Meaning & concept of Organisational Behaviour
- Organizational Change
- Ethics at the workplace and Corporate Governance
- Theories of Ethics
- Moral issues in business
- Ethical Principles in business
- Corporate Governance
Agriculture: FCI AGM General Administration Syllabus
- Agriculture: definition, meaning, and its branches
- Agronomy: definition, meaning, and scope of agronomy
- Classification of field crops
- Factors affecting crop production
- Agro Climatic Zones
- Cropping Systems: Definition and types of cropping systems
- Problems of dry land – Seed production, seed processing, seed village
- Meteorology: weather parameters, crop-weather advisory
- Precision Farming
- System of Crop Intensification
- Organic farming
- Soil and Water Conservation: Major soil types, soil fertility, fertilizers, soil erosion, soil conservation, watershed management
- Water Resource
- Irrigation Management: types of irrigation, sources of irrigation, crop-water requirement, command area development, water conservation techniques, micro-irrigation, irrigation pumps, major, medium, and minor irrigation.
Farm and Agri Engineering: FCI AGM General Administration Syllabus
- Farm Machinery and Power, Sources of power on the farm- human, animal, mechanical, electrical, wind, solar and biomass, biofuels, water harvesting structures, farm ponds, watershed management, Agro-Processing, Controlled and modified storage, perishable food storage, godowns, bins, and grain silos.
- Plantation & Horticulture: Definition, meaning, and its branches.
Agronomic practices and production technology of various plantation and horticulture crops.
- Post-harvest management, value and supply chain management of Plantation and Horticulture crops.
- Animal Husbandry: Farm animals and their role in the Indian economy, Animal husbandry methods in India, common terms pertaining to different species of livestock, Utility classification of breeds of cattle.
Introduction to common feeds and fodders, their classification, and utility.Introduction to the poultry industry in India (past, present, and future status), Common terms pertaining to poultry production and management.
- Concept of mixed farming and its relevance to socio-economic conditions of farmers in India.
- Complimentary and obligatory nature of livestock and poultry production with that of agricultural farming.
- Fisheries: Fisheries resources, management, and exploitation.
- Freshwater, brackish water, and marine ecosystems.
- Aquaculture– Inland and marine.
- Post-harvest technology.
- Importance of fisheries in India.
- Common terms pertaining to fish production.
- Forestry: Basic concepts of Forest and Forestry.
- Principles of silviculture, forest mensuration, forest management, and forest economics.
- Concepts of social forestry, agroforestry, joint forest management.
- Forest policy and legislation in India, India State of Forest Report 2015.
- Recent developments under the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change.
- Agriculture Extensions: Its importance and role, methods of evaluation of extension programs, Role of Krishi Vigyan Kendra’s (KVK) in the dissemination of Agricultural technologies.
- Ecology and Climate Change: Ecology and its relevance to man, natural resources, their sustainable management, and conservation.
- Present Scenario of Indian Agriculture and Allied activities.
Recent trends: FCI AGM General Administration Syllabus
- Major challenges in agriculture measures to enhance the viability of agriculture.
- Factors of Production in agriculture.
- Agricultural Finance and Marketing.
- Impact of Globalization on Indian Agriculture and issues of Food Security.
- Concept and Types of Farm Management.
- Rural Development: Concept of Rural Area, Structure of the Indian Rural Economy.
- Importance and role of the rural sector in India– Economic, Social and
- Demographic Characteristics of the Indian rural economy, causes of Rural Backwardness.
- Rural population in India; Occupational structure, Farmers, Agricultural Laborers, Artisans, Handicrafts, Traders.
- Forest dwellers/tribes and others in rural India- Trends of change in rural population and rural workforce; problems and conditions of rural labor, Issues, and challenges in Handlooms.
- Panchayati Raj Institutions – Functions and Working.
- MGNREGA, NRLM – Aajeevika, Rural Drinking water Programmes, Swachh Bharat, Rural Housing, PURA, and other rural development programs.
Q.What is the no. of vacancies released by FCI for Category 1 in 2021 Recruitment?
The total no. of vacancies released by FCI 2021 is 89.
Q. What is the selection process for FCI Exam recruitment?
This is 3 steps selection process.
- Preliminary Exam
- Mains Exam
- Personal Interview
Q. How many phases are there for the examination?
The examination will be held in 2 Phases.