Dear Aspirants, As we all know the importance of General Awareness section to appear for all the competitive exams. So, IG team has taken majestic step to make you score more in the General Awareness Part. We amalgamated Banking awareness and Static Gk sections to make you score more. The Aspirants can make use of it, to improve score in General awareness part.
1) The practice of lending money to unrelated individuals, or “peers”, without going through a traditional financial intermediary such as a bank or other traditional financial institution is called__________
a) B2B transactions
b) C2C transactions
c) P2P lending
d) PPP Model
e) P2P Investing
2) Banks cannot generally accept interest-free deposits. Which of the following is an exception to this rule?
a) Current Account
b) Savings Account of Minors
c) Deposit from Minority groups
e) None of these
3) The agency which is tasked with collecting analysing and disseminating information related to dubious financial transactions is ________
a) Financial Intelligence Unit(FIU)
b) Financial Action Task Force(FATF)
c) Central Economic Intelligence Bureau(CEIB)
d) Central Intelligence Bureau(CIB)
e) Financial Stability Board(FSB)
4) What is the ceiling on amount of Insured deposits kept by one person in different branches of a bank?
5) Which of the following was the first Credit Information Company of India?
6) Rani Jhansi Marine National Park is located in which state?
c) Himachal Pradesh
d) Andaman and Nicobar Islands
7) Sri Penusila Narasimha Wildlife Sanctuary is located in which state?
e) Andhra Pradesh
8) What is the capital of Belize?
9) IOB has been headquartered in which city?
e) None of these
10) Brahma Sarovar Lake is located in which state?
1) Answer: c)
P2P lending, is the practice of lending money to individuals or businesses through online services that match lenders directly with borrowers.
2) Answer: a)
Banks cannot accept interest free deposits other than in current account.
3) Answer: a)
The Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU), an agency tasked with collecting, analysing and disseminating information related to dubious financial transactions.The main function of FIU-IND is to receive cash/suspicious transaction reports, analyse them and, as appropriate, disseminate valuable financial information to intelligence/enforcement agencies and regulatory authorities.
4) Answer: d)
The deposits kept in different branches of a bank are aggregated for the purpose of insurance cover and a maximum amount upto Rupees one lakh is paid.
5) Answer: a)
Credit Information Bureau (India) Ltd; CIBIL is India’s first Credit Information Company, also commonly referred as a Credit Bureau. We collect and maintain records of individuals’ and non-individuals’ (commercial entities) payments pertaining to loans and credit cards. These records are submitted to us by banks and other lenders on a monthly basis; using this information a Credit Information Report (CIR) and Credit Score is developed, enabling lenders to evaluate and approve loan applications. A Credit Bureau is licensed by the RBI and governed by the Credit Information Companies (Regulation) Act of 2005.
6) Answer: d)
Rani Jhansi Marine National Park is located in Andaman and Nicobar Islands
7) Answer: e)
Sri Penusila Narasimha Wildlife Sanctuary is located in Andhra Pradesh
8) Answer: e)
Belmopan is the capital of Belize
9) Answer: a)
Indian Overseas Bank has been headquartered in Chennai.
10) Answer: e)
Brahma Sarovar Lake is located in Haryana