Dear Aspirants, As we all know the importance of General Awareness section to appear for all the competitive exams. So, IG team has taken majestic step to make you score more in the General Awareness Part. We amalgamated Banking awareness and Static Gk sections to make you score more. The Aspirants can make use of it, to improve score in General awareness part.
1) The Definition of ‘Banking’ is given in _______
a) Negotiable Instrument Act, 1881
b) RBI Act, 1934
c) The Banking Regulation Act, 1949
d) Indian Contract Act, 1872
e) None of these
2) _________ is an agreement to exchange one currency with another, at a specific rate of exchange.
e) Currency Swap
3) Exchange Earners Foreign Currency (EEFC) Account provides ________
a) Current Account
b) SB Account
c) Term Deposits
d) All of these
e) None of these
4) Which is a financial swap agreement that the seller of the CDS will compensate the buyer in the event of a loan default (by the debtor) or other credit event?
e) All of these
5) UMANG allows you to access Indian Government services online through web and mobile app. In UMANG, U stands for ______
e) None of these
6) Pilibhit Wildlife Sanctuary located in which state?
e) Uttar Pradesh
7) Ujjain is situated on the bank of which river?
a) Saryu river
b) Shipra river
c) Sharavati river
d) Savitri river
e) Jhelum River
8) RanapratapSagar is constructed across the Chambal, situated in which state of India?
a) Madhya Pradesh
9) Bhangra Dance is a folk dance performed in which state?
c) West Bengal
10) ThaePongal Festival is celebrated in which state of India?
d) Tamil Nadu
1) Answer: c)
As per Section 5(b) of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949, “banking” means the accepting, for the purpose of lending or investment, of deposits of money from the public, repayable on demand or otherwise, and withdraw-able by cheque, draft, order or otherwise.
2) Answer: e)
Currency Swap is an agreement to exchange one currency with another, at a specific rate of exchange.
3) Answer: a)
Exchange Earners Foreign Currency (EEFC) Account provides Current Account only.
4) Answer: b)
A credit default swap (CDS) is a financial swap agreement that the seller of the CDS will compensate the buyer in the event of a debt default (by the debtor) or other credit event. That is, the seller of the CDS insures the buyer against some reference asset defaulting.
5) Answer: d)
Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance
6) Answer: e)
Pilibhit Tiger Reserve is located in Pilibhit district, LakhimpurKheri District and Bahraich District of Uttar Pradesh state in India
7) Answer: b)
Ujjain is the largest city in Ujjain district of the Indian state of Madhya Pradesh. The city is on the bank of the river Shipra which flows into the nearby Chambal.
8) Answer: b)
The RanapratapSagar Dam is a gravity masonry dam of height built on the Chambal River at Rawatbhata in Rajasthan.
9) Answer: e)
Bhangra refers to several forms of folk dance and music that originate in the Punjab region of India. The dance is generally performed during the Vaisakhi festival that celebrates the harvest.
10) Answer: d)
ThaePongal is a harvest festival dedicated to the Sun God. It is a four-day festival which according to the Tamil calendar is usually celebrated from January 14 to January 17. Thai Pongal is one of the most important festivals celebrated by Tamil people in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu.