Dear Aspirants, As we all know the importance of General Awareness section to appear for all the competitive exams. So, IG team has taken majestic step to make you score more in the General Awareness Part. We amalgamated Banking awareness and Static Gk sections to make you score more. The Aspirants can make use of it, to improve score in General awareness part.
1) KYC guidelines have been issued by RBI under ________.
a) Section 35A of Banking Regulation Act
b) Section 35A Prevention of Money Laundering Act
c) Section 35 of Banking Regulation Act
d) Section 35B of RBI Act
e) Section 35 of RBI Act
2) Who is the ‘Appellate Authority’ against the award issued by the Banking Ombudsman?
a) Governor of RBI
b) Deputy Governor of RBI
c) Manager of the Bank
d) Any such person appointed by the Government
e) Any of these
3) The Bank of Calcutta, Bank of Bombay and Bank of Madras were merged in 1921 to form which bank?
a) Imperial Bank of India
b) Reserve Bank of India
c) Bank of India
d) Union Bank of India
e) None of the above
4) Which of the following rates are for long term loans from RBI?
a) Reverse Repo Rate
c) Repo Rate
d) Bank Rate
d) Both Repo and Reverse Repo Rate
5) India’s CAD widened to a four-quarter-high at 2.4% of gross domestic product (GDP) in April-June period. CAD stands for-
a) Current Account Decrease
b) Current Amount Deficit
c) Current Account Deficit
d) Common Account Deficit
e) Current Account Decline
6) What is the Capital city of Belarus?
7) Where is the head office of IFAD?
a) Vienna, Austria
b) London, UK
c) Paris, France
d) Berlin, Germany
e) Rome, Italy
8) Mirzapur is a city of Uttar Pradesh state, India and situated on which river?
a) Yamuna River
b) Ganga River
c) Jhelum River
d) Kaveri River
e) Sarasvati River
9) The Saptak Annual Festival of Music is an annual thirteen-day Indian classical music festival held in which state?
a) Uttar Pradesh
c) Jammu and Kashmir
e) None of these
10) Talcher Super Thermal Power Station or NTPC TalcherKaniha is located in which state?
b) Madhya Pradesh
c) Andhra Pradesh
1) Answer: a)
KYC guidelines have been issued by RBI under Section 35A of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949
2) Answer: b)
Deputy Governor of RBI is the ‘Appellate Authority’ against the award issued by the Banking Ombudsman. The complainant can appeal to the Appellate Authority within 30 days from the date of receipt of communication of award or rejection of the complaint.
3) Answer: a)
The Bank of Calcutta renamed as Bank of Bengal (1809), Bank of Bombay and Bank of Madras were merged in 1921 to form The Imperial Bank of India.
4) Answer: d)
MSF is for overnight loans, Repo Rate is for maximum 90 days and Bank rate is the rate at which Bank continues the loan for more than 90 days with the increase in interest rate (i.e penalty eg. Reverse Repo Rate was 6.25% and Bank Rate will be 7%).
5) Answer: c)
India’s Current Account Deficit (CAD) widened to a four-quarter-high at 2.4% of gross domestic product (GDP) in April-June period on the back of rising crude oil prices, from 1.9% of GDP in the January-March quarter of 2017-18, according to data released by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
6) Answer: b)
Minsk is the Capital city of Belarus. Its Currency is Belarusian ruble.
7) Answer: e)
The Head Office of International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) is in Rome, Italy.
8) Answer: b)
Mirzapur is a city of Uttar Pradesh state, India. It is situated on the Ganges (Ganga) River.
9) Answer: d)
The Saptak Annual Festival of Music is an annual thirteen-day Indian classical music festival held in Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
10) Answer: e)
Talcher Super Thermal Power Station or NTPC TalcherKaniha, located in the Angul district of Odisha, is a 3,000MW coal-fired power plant owned and operated by NTPC. The power station currently ranks as the fourth largest operational thermal power plant in India.