Dear Aspirants, As we all know the importance of General Awareness section to appear for all the competitive exams. So, IG team has taken majestic step to make you score more in the General Awareness Part. We amalgamated Banking awareness and Static Gk sections to make you score more. The Aspirants can make use of it, to improve score in General awareness part.
1) The objective of MUDRA Bank is to encourage entrepreneurship. In MUDRA, R stands for __________
2) Which of the following is not a function of RBI?
a) Custodian of Country’s Foreign Currency Reserves
b) Regulating and controlling the business on stock markets.
c) Issuing currency
d) Lender of Last Resort
e) Regulating and supervising the financial system
3) A savings bank account opened with a commercial bank with zero or very minimal balance is known as?
a) Current Account
b) No Frill Account
c) Demat Account
d) Student Savings Bank Account
e) Savings Bank Ordinary Account
4) ‘CAR’ is the ratio of a bank’s capital to its risk, expressed as a percentage of a bank’s risk-weighted credit exposures. What does ‘A’ stand for in CAR?
e) None of these
5) You might have heard of ‘a bank run’. What does it mean?
a) Identifies those banks which are performing very well
b) Banks which are promoting marathon sports events
c) When people rush to withdraw funds from their bank accounts
d) When banks do door to door publicity campaigns
e) None of these
6) Which of the following is the tagline for Canara Bank?
a) Faithful and Family
b) Together we can
c) Where India Banks
d) Your Own Bank
e) Ekpariwar, Ek Bank
7) “Boori Boot Yollo Festival” celebrated in which state of India?
a) Himachal Pradesh
d) Arunachal Pradesh
8) AnkitaRaina is associated with which sports?
9) ‘Trishna Wildlife Sanctuary’ is located in which state of India?
c) Madhya Pradesh
10) “VajraPrahar’ is a joint military exercise between India and which other country?
a) United Kingdom
b) United States
1) Answer: e)
MUDRA – Micro Units Development & Refinance Agency Ltd.
2) Answer: b)
Registration of brokers and sub-brokers is the major function of Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI)
3) Answer: b)
The no-frills savings bank account introduced by several commercial banks had all the potential to revolutionise India’s rural agricultural economy, as well as usher in the banking habit amongst a large number of the less privileged population
4) Answer: b)
Capital Adequacy Ratio (CAR), also known as Capital to Risk (Weighted) Assets Ratio (CRAR), is the ratio of a bank’s capital to its risk.
5) Answer: c)
A bank run is an event in which bank customers try to withdraw more money from the bank than the bank can provide. Banks do not keep all customer deposits available in cash for immediate withdrawal. Instead, those assets are invested in loans and other types of investments.
6) Answer: b)
‘Together we can’ is the tagline of Canara Bank
7) Answer: d)
Nyishi tribe celebrated ’52nd Boori Boot Yollo festival’ with great enthusiasm to welcome spring and a successful harvest in Arunachal Pradesh. It is celebrated in the month of February.
8) Answer: c)
In January 2019, India’s AnkitaRaina won the International Tennis Federation’s (ITF) Women’s tournament in Singapore by defeating top seed and world number 122 ArantxaRus of the Netherlands.
9) Answer: d)
In January, 2019, the ‘National Wildlife Board’ after receiving recommendations from the ‘State Wildlife Board’ approved extraction of natural gas from Trishna Wildlife Sanctuary located in Tripura, India.
10) Answer: b)
In November, 2018 ‘VajraPrahar’, a 12-day long joint military exercise between India and the United States was started in Jaipur, Rajasthan.