Dear Aspirants, As we all know the importance of General Awareness section to appear for all the competitive exams. So, IG team has taken majestic step to make you score more in the General Awareness Part. We amalgamated Banking awareness and Static Gk sections to make you score more. The Aspirants can make use of it, to improve score in General awareness part.
1) Some major banks and financial institutions around the world,tends to wind up their business and/or declare themselves in financial problems. What this trend is technical known as?
c) Global Slowdown
d) Political backdrop
2) In Notice Money Market, the tenor of the transactions is of how many days?
a) 2-7 days
b) 2-14 days
c) 2-21 days
d) 2-28 days
e) 2-90 days
3) The Banking Ombudsman Scheme was introduced under which among the following sections of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949 by RBI with effect from 1995.
a) Section 25A
b) Section 35A
c) Section 45A
d) Section 15A
e) Section 55A
4) What the letter ‘L’ stands for in ‘FSLRC’?
e) None of these
5) A person having Basic Savings Bank Deposit Account (BSBDA) in a bank can have which of the following accounts in the same bank?
(i) Savings Account
(ii) Fixed Deposit
(iii) Recurring Deposit
a) Only (i)
b) Only (ii) and (iii)
c) All (i), (ii), and (iii)
d) None of (i), (ii) and (iii)
e) Only (ii)
6) The Mukutmanipur Dam is a dam in located in which among the following states?
a) Madhya Pradesh
b) West Bengal
e) Tamil Nadu
7) Konkani language is mainly spoken in which state?
8) JokoWidodo is the current President of which among the following countries?
e) South Korea
9) What is the currency of Colombia?
10) PrakashJavadekar is present Rajyasabha Member of Parliament (MP) from which among the following states?
c) Madhya Pradesh
1) Answer: c)
A Global Slowdown is recession that affects many countries around the world, that is a period of global economic slowdown or declining economic output.
2) Answer: b)
In money market, the amount that is lent for one day is known as “call money” and, if it exceeds one day or 2 to 14 days is referred to as “notice money.”
3) Answer: b)
The Banking Ombudsman Scheme enables an expeditious and inexpensive forum to bank customers for resolution of complaints relating to certain services rendered by banks. The Banking Ombudsman Scheme is introduced under Section 35 A of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949 by RBI with effect from 1995.
4) Answer: e)
Financial Sector Legislative Reforms Commission
5) Answer: b)
A person having BSBDA in a bank cannot have a Savings Account in the same bank. But he can have other accounts such as fixed deposit and recurring deposit accounts, etc.
6) Answer: b)
The Mukutmanipur Dam is a dam in Khatra subdivision of Bankura district in West Bengal. It is located at the confluence of the Kangsabati and Kumari rivers close to the Jharkhand border.
7) Answer: b)
Konkani is mainly spoken in Goa. It is the official language of Goa and is spoken along the South Western Coast of India.
8) Answer: a)
JokoWidodo is the current President of Indonesia.
9) Answer: b)
The peso is the currency of Colombia.
10) Answer: a)
PrakashJavadekar is an Indian politician. He is a member of the BharatiyaJanata Party and is the incumbent Union Minister of Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India. He was elected to the upper house RajyaSabha as a Member of Parliament from Maharashtra in 2018.