Dear Aspirants, As we all know the importance of LIC AAO General Awareness section. Because it a a very easy scoring part only when you are updated on every day. So, IG team has taken majestic step to make you score more in the LIC AAO General Awareness Part. We amalgamated Banking awareness and Static Gk sections to make you score more. The Aspirants can make use of it, to improve score in LIC AAO General awareness part. Start the Quiz to know your level in LIC AAO General Awareness Section. Validate and enhance your skill by practicing more.[WpProQuiz 6476]
1) As per RBI, banks are advised to issue only CTS-2010 standard cheques to their customers. What is the full form of CTS?
a) Customer Transfer Service
b) Cheque Truncation System
c) Cheque Transfer System
d) Counter Transfer Service
e) Cheque Tribunal System
2) ‘BCBS’ is the primary global standard setter for the prudential regulation of banks and provides a forum for regular cooperation on banking supervisory matters. What is the full form of BCBS?
a) Banking Committees of Backward States
b) Basel Committee on Banking Supervision
c) Basel Commission on Business Simplification
d) BRICS Countries Business Subgroup
e) Bankers Committee of BRICS States
3) The scheduled commercial banks are those banks which are included in the __ schedule of RBI Act 1934.
e) None of these
4) Under which section of Insurance act 1938, the Amalgamation and Transfer of Insurance Business came?
a) Section 23
b) Section 35
c) Section 40
d) Section 32
e) Section 56
5) MICR code is used mainly by the banking industry to ease the processing and clearance of cheques and other documents. MICR stands for-
a) Magnetic Indian Character Recognition
b) Management Ink Character Recognition
c) Magnetic Ink Common Recognition
d) Magnetic Ink Character Resource
e) Magnetic Ink Character Recognition
6) Prajnesh Gunneswaran is associated with which sports?
7) “Gorumara National Park” is located in which state of India?
a) Madhya Pradesh
d) West Bengal
8) The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) is the regulator for the securities market in India. It was established on-
a) 12th April 1992
b) 12th April 1988
c) 12th April 1990
d) 12th April 1982
e) 12th April 1999
9) Who authored the book “The Ivory Throne: Chronicles of the House of Travancore”?
a) Kamala Singh
b) Manu S Pillai
c) Manu Sharma
d) Manu Kumar
e) Shashi Singh
10) Dollu Kunitha is a major popular drum dance of which of the following states?
b) Jammu and Kashmir
1) Answer: b)
The Cheque Truncation System (CTS) is a process of stopping flow of physical cheque in which an electronic image of the instrument is presented when it comes for clearing.
2) Answer: b)
The Basel Committee on Banking Supervision (BCBS is a committee of banking supervisory authorities that was established by the central bank governors of the group of ten countries in 1974. The Committee’s Secretariat is located at the Bank for International Settlements (BIS) in Basel, Switzerland.
3) Answer: b)
The scheduled commercial banks are those banks which are included in the second schedule of RBI Act 1934 and which carry out the normal business of banking such as accepting deposits, giving out loans and other banking services.
4) Answer: b)
Under section 35 of Insurance act 1938, the Amalgamation and Transfer of Insurance Business came.
5) Answer: e)
MICR stands for Magnetic Ink Character Recognition.
6) Answer: b)
Indian tennis player, Prajnesh Gunneswaran made it to the top-100 in Men’s Singles Tennis rankings, jumping to rank 97, becoming the third Indian player after Somdev Devvarman and Yuki Bhambri.
7) Answer: d)
Gorumara National Park is a national park situated in West Bengal, India.
8) Answer: a)
SEBI was established on 12th April 1992.
9) Answer: b)
Manu S. Pillai has authored the book” The Ivory Throne: Chronicles of the House of Travancore”, a critically acclaimed 700-page history of Kerala focused on the last woman Maharajah of Travancore.
10) Answer: c)
Dollu Kunitha Kannada is a major popular drum dance of Karnataka. Accompanied by singing, it provides spectacular variety and complexity of skills.