Dear Aspirants, As we all know the importance of LIC AAO General Awareness section. Because it a a very easy scoring part only when you are updated on every day. So, IG team has taken majestic step to make you score more in the LIC AAO General Awareness Part. We amalgamated Banking awareness and Static Gk sections to make you score more. The Aspirants can make use of it, to improve score in LIC AAO General awareness part. Start the Quiz to know your level in LIC AAO General Awareness Section. Validate and enhance your skill by practicing more.[WpProQuiz 6498]
1) Members on central board of directors of Reserve Bank of India are appointed for _______ years.
2) As per __________ of ‘Banking Regulation Act, 1949’, the banking means accepting the deposits for the purpose of lending and investment.
a) Section 45 (B)
b) Section 35 (B)
c) Section 25 (B)
d) Section 15 (B)
e) Section 5 (B)
3) NDS is an electronic trading platform operated by the RBI to facilitate the issuing and exchange of government securities. ‘N’ in ‘NDS’ stands for _________.
4) The first pillar under Basel II framework talks about ______________.
a) Supervisory Review
b) Disclosure Norms
c) Market Discipline
d) Minimum Capital Requirements
e) Payment Systems
5) Banks whose assets exceed ______ of GDP are considered as ‘Domestic Systemically Important Bank (D-SIB)’ by Reserve Bank of India.
6) Fernando Torres is a famous Spanish sports player associated with ______________.
7) Rosa Thermal Power Plant is a coal-fired power plant. It is located in___________.
a) Uttar Pradesh
c) Tamil Nadu
8) World Wetland Day is celebrated on ________ every year.
a) 1 January
b) 2 February
c) 3 March
d) 4 April
e) 5 June
9) ‘Gudavi Bird Sanctuary’ is located in __________ state.
10) Lavani is the folk-art form originated in ___________.
1) Answer: c)
The Reserve Bank’s affairs are governed by a central board of directors. The board is appointed by the Government of India in keeping with the Reserve Bank of India Act.
- Appointed/nominated for a period of four years
Full-time: Governor and not more than four Deputy Governors
Nominated by Government: ten Directors from various fields and two government Official
Others: four Directors – one each from four local boards
2) Answer: e)
According to ‘Section 5 (B) of Banking Regulations Act, 1949’, the banking means accepting deposits for the purpose of lending and investment. Deposits are lifelines of banks.
Such deposits are either demand or time deposits. Demand deposits are made up of current accounts and saving accounts, while time deposits include FDR, short-term deposits, recurring deposits etc.
3) Answer: b)
‘Negotiated Dealing System (NDS)’ is an electronic trading platform operated by the Reserve Bank of India to facilitate the issuing and exchange of government securities and other types of money market instruments.
The goal was to reduce inefficiencies stemming from telephone orders and manual paperwork while increasing transparency for all market participants. It was introduced in 2002.
4) Answer: d)
The Basel Committee’s revised framework is based on the following three pillars,
- First Pillar- Minimum Capital Requirement
- Second Pillar- Supervisory Review Process
- Third Pillar- Market Discipline
5) Answer: b)
‘Domestic-Systematically Important Bank (D-SIB)’ means that the bank is too big to fail.
According to the RBI, some banks become systemically important due to their size, cross-jurisdictional activities, complexity and lack of substitute and interconnection. Banks whose assets exceed 2% of GDP are considered part of this group.
The RBI stated that should such a bank fail, there would be significant disruption to the essential services they provide to the banking system and the overall economy.
6) Answer: b)
Fernando Torres is a famous Spanish football player.
He is a Spanish international and made his debut against Portugal in 2003.
He is his country’s third-highest goal-scorer of all-time.
Spain won the three tournaments from 2008 to 2012, with Torres scoring in the finals of both Euro 2008 and Euro 2012.
7) Answer: a)
Rosa Thermal Power Plant is located in Uttar Pradesh. Narora Atomic Power Station, Rihand Thermal Power Station, Anpara Thermal Power Station are also located in the state of Uttar Pradesh.
8) Answer: b)
World Wetlands Day occurs annually on February 2nd, marking the date of the adoption of the Convention on Wetlands (RAMSAR convention) on February 2, 1971.
It was established to raise awareness about the value of wetlands for humanity and the planet.
9) Answer: a)
Gudavi Bird Sanctuary is located in the Indian state of Karnataka.
The bird sanctuary is one of the best five of Karnataka. A natural lake and the trees gives shelter to this birds.
Other famous bird sanctuaries in Karnataka- Ghatprabha Bird Sanctuary, Ranganthittu Bird Sanctuary, Mandagadde Bird Sanctuary etc
10) Answer: a)
Lavani is a genre of music popular in Maharashtra.
Lavani is a combination of traditional song and dance, which particularly performed to the beats of Dholki, a percussion instrument.
Lavani is noted for its powerful rhythm.