Dear Aspirants, As we all know the importance of LIC ADO General Awareness section. Because it a a very easy scoring part only when you are updated on every day. So, IG team has taken majestic step to make you score more in the LIC ADO General Awareness Part. We amalgamated Banking awareness and Static Gk sections to make you score more. The Aspirants can make use of it, to improve score in LIC ADO General awareness part. Start the Quiz to know your level in LIC ADO General Awareness Section. Validate and enhance your skill by practicing more.
1) The process by which the central bank of a country controls the supply of money in the economy by exercising its control over interest rates in order to maintain price stability and achieve high economic growth is known as:
a) Economic Policy
b) Monetary Policy
c) Fiscal Policy
d) Credit Policy
e) Budgetary Policy
2) The Reserve Bank of India was established on _____________ in accordance with the provisions of the Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934.
a) 2nd April 1937
b) 15th April 1955
c) 1st April 1935
d) 6th April 1945
e) 21st April 1947
3) The availability or cash and other cash like marketable instruments that are useful in purchases and investments are commonly known as-?
a) Market ability
c) Cash crunch
e) None of these
4) Which one of the following methods is currently used in India to issue notes?
a) Proportional Reserve System
b) Fixed Fiduciary System
c) Minimum Reserve System
d) Fiscal Reserve System
e) Budget Reserve System
5) Banks can not generally accept interest-free deposits. Which of the following is an exception to this rule?
a) Current Account
b) Savings Account of Minors
c) Deposit from Minority groups
e) None of these
6) Which among the following dam is constructed across the river Ghataprabha river?
a) Panchet Dam
b) Chandil Dam
c) Hidkal Dam
d) Minimata Dam
e) Kulamavu Dam
7) World Water Day is celebrated on?
a) 20 March
b) 21 March
c) 22 March
d) 23 March
e) 24 March
8) The Chandrapur Super Thermal Power Station (CSTPS) is located in which state?
a) Jammu and Kashmir
9) The Garampani Wildlife Sanctuary is located in which of the following state?
b) Andaman & Nicobar Island
c) Madhya Pradesh
10) Khasi hills is in which state?
1) Answer: b)
Monetary Policy is the process by which monetary authority of a country, generally a central bank controls the supply of money in the economy by exercising its control over interest rates in order to maintain price stability and achieve high economic growth. In India, the central monetary authority is the Reserve Bank of India (RBI). is so designed as to maintain the price stability in the economy.
2) Answer: c)
The Reserve Bank of India was established on April 1, 1935, in accordance with the provisions of the Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934.The Central Office of the Reserve Bank was initially established in Calcutta but was permanently moved to Mumbai in 1937. The Central Office is where the Governor sits and where policies are formulated. Though originally privately owned, since nationalization in 1949, the Reserve Bank is fully owned by the Government of India.
3) Answer: d)
The availability or cash and other cash like marketable instruments that are useful in purchases and investments are commonly known as is liquidity.
4) Answer: c)
The Reserve bank of India has the authority to issue currency. The current system of Indian government to issue notes is “Minimum Reserve System”. Under this policy, the minimum reserves to be maintained in the form of gold and foreign exchange should consists of rupees 200 crore. Out this reserve, the value of gold to be maintained is rupees 115 crore. This system was introduced in 1956 replacing the proportional reserve system, and continues till date.
5) Answer: a)
Banks cannot accept interest free deposits other than in current account.
6) Answer: c)
Hidkal dam constructed across the Ghataprabha River in the Krishna River basin. It is also known as Raja Lakhamagouda dam. It is situated in Karnataka.
7) Answer: c)
The theme for World Water Day 2019 is ‘Leaving no one behind’. This is an adaptation of the central promise of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development: as sustainable development progresses, everyone must benefit. World Water Day is an annual UN observance day always on 22 March.
8) Answer: c)
Chandrapur Super Thermal Power Station is a thermal power plant located in Chandrapur district in the Indian state of Maharashtra.
9) Answer: A)
Garampani Wildlife Sanctuary is a 6.05-square-kilometre wildlife sanctuary located in Karbi Anglong district, Assam, India. It is 25 km from Golaghat
10) Answer: C)
Khasi hills are part of the Gora-Khasi range in Meghalaya. The highest peak is Lum Shyllong which is 1968 meters high.