Dear Aspirants, As we all know the importance of IBPS PO & Clerk General Awareness section. Because it a a very easy scoring part only when you are updated on every day. So, IG team has taken majestic step to make you score more in the IBPS PO & Clerk General Awareness Part. We amalgamated Banking awareness and Static Gk sections to make you score more. The Aspirants can make use of it, to improve score in IBPS PO & Clerk General awareness part. Start the Quiz to know your level in IBPS PO & Clerk General Awareness Section. Validate and enhance your skill by practicing more.[WpProQuiz 7477]
1) Which date is observed as Dhanvantari Jayanti and the National Ayurveda day?
a) October 25
b) October 29
c) July 25
d) June 18
e) April 29
2) Who lead India’s delegation to the 18th Non-Aligned Movement Summit held in Baku, Azerbaijan from 25 to 26 October 2019?
a) President Ram Nath Kovind
b) Prime Minister Modi
c) Minister of External Affairs Jaishankar
d) Dr Harsh Vardhan
e) Vice President Venkaiah Naidu
3) Which Indian state hosts Asia’s biggest white water competition?
a) Uttar Pradesh
c) Madhya Pradesh
4) What is the name of the Indian project which proposes to send a submersible vehicle with three persons to a depth of about 6000 metres?
a) Samudra Vahan
b) Samudra yaan
5) RBI has extended the timeline for conversion of minimum KYC details for prepaid payment instruments (PPIs) to full KYC compliant PPIs from 18 months to how many months?
a) 20 months
b) 19 months
c) 24 months
d) 21 months
e) 23 months
6) Who among the following has been made an ambassador under Bharat Ki Laxmi campaign of the government?
a) PV Sindhu
b) Saina Nehwal
c) Sarjubala Devi
d) Anushka Sharma
e) Sakshi Malik
7) Who is the new CEO of the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI), which issues Aadhaar?
a) Braj Raj Sharma
b) Nagendra Nath Sinha
c) Sanjeev Gupta
d) Pankaj Kumar
e) Subhash Chander Garg
8) India’s rate of economic growth hit a six-year low of ___________ per cent in the April-June quarter of 2019-20?
9) India has signed Automatic Exchange of Information (AEOI) Regime with which country to fight against Black money?
b) Cayman Islands
10) ECL Finance Limited, a subsidiary of Edelweiss Financial Services Limited, has tied up with which Public Sector Bank to for Priority Sector Lending to Micro, Small and Medium Enterprise (MSME) customers?
a) Punjab National Bank
b) IDBI Bank
c) Bank of India
d) Central Bank of India
e) Bank of Maharashtra
11) Which State government has decided that no Government jobs will be provided to persons with more than 2 children after 1 January 2021?
12) Garuda VI, a bilateral air exercise is conducted between India and which other country?
a) United States of America
b) United Kingdom
13) Which Indian city has the nickname ‘Deccan Queen’?
14) Inaugurated by Defence Minister Rajnath Singh India’s highest altitude all-weather permanent bridge, located in eastern Ladakh is named after which famous personality?
a) Col Chewang Rinchen
b) Colonel S.P. Salunke
c) Colonel Sonam Wangchuk
d) Kiren Rijiju
e) Shyok Rinsen
15) National Police Commemoration Day is observed every year to remember remembering the brave policemen on which day?
a) October 9
b) October 24
c) October 21
d) October 7
e) October 26
1) Answer: A
On 25th October 2019, Government of India organized the 4th Ayurveda day. The day is being celebrated by Ministry of AYUSH as Dhanvantari Jayanti falls on the day. Dhanvantari is a Hindu god who cures diseases. The Ministry of Ayush will distribute “National Dhanvantari Ayurveda Award” the award comprises of trophy and a cash reward of Rs 5 lakhs.
2) Answer: E
Vice President, M. Venkaiah Naidu lead the Indian delegation. Theme for Summit– ‘Upholding the Bandung Principles to ensure concerted and adequate response to the challenges of the contemporary world’. NAM is a forum of 120 developing world states that are not formally aligned with or against any major power bloc. After UN, NAM is the largest grouping of states globally.
3) Answer: B
The Malabar River Festival is South India’s only extreme adventure competition organized on behalf of Kerala Tourism by DTPC Kozhikode and Madras Fun Tools.
4) Answer: B
The ‘Samudrayaan’ project undertaken by the NIOT, Chennai, is in line with the ISRO’s ambitious ‘Gaganyaan’ mission of sending an astronaut to space by 2022. The ‘Samudra yaan’ is a part of the Ministry of Earth Sciences’ pilot project for deep ocean mining for rare minerals.
5) Answer: C
For minimum KYC complaint, e-wallet service providers asks for user’s mobile number and a single government identification number to authenticate the account. However, full KYC requires a more detailed verification procedure. Normally, PAN card and proof of address are among the prerequisites for full KYC.
6) Answer: A
Actor Deepika Padukone and shuttler PV Sindhu has been named as the ambassadors for PM Narendra Modi’s new initiative called ‘Bharat Ki Laxmi’ movement. This initiative aims to bring commendable work done by women across the country to light ahead of the Diwali festival.
7) Answer: D
It is a statutory authority under the provisions of the Aadhaar Act, 2016. It functions under the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), with the mandate to issue UID or Aadhaar, a 12-digit random number to all residents of India to eliminate duplicate and fake id entities. It is founded by the Government of India 28 January 2009 and is headquartered in New Delhi.
8) Answer: C
Sharp deceleration in manufacturing output and subdued farm sector activity pulled down India’s gross domestic product (GDP) growth to over six-year low of 5 per cent in the April-June quarter of 2019 – 20.
9) Answer: D
It is the exchange of information between countries without having to request it. It aims to reduce global tax evasion. It is to be carried out under Common Reporting Standard (CRS). CRS is agreed global standard for it which has been approved by the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) in 2014.
10) Answer: D
The partnership comes after the Reserve Bank of India announced the progressive Co-Origination Policy in September 2018, allowing banks and NBFCs to co-lend to a wider set of enterprise owners. This is the first such Co-Origination partnership of Central Bank of India with an NBFC.
11) Answer: A
Population of Assam is 3.09 crores and the population Density of Assam is 398 per sq km (greater than that of China). Between 1901 and 2011, the population in Assam has increased 9 times.
12) Answer: E
This joint India-France air exercise is aimed at enhancing interoperability level of French and Indian crews in air defence and ground attack missions. Aircraft like Rafale, Sukhoi 30, Mirage 2000, C-17 Globemaster etc will participate.
13) Answer: B
Pune is called “Queen of the Deccan” because in earlier days Pune was a salubrious green city with a “hill station like atmosphere”.
The 1400-ft -long bridge on Shyok River, situated in Sub-Sector North at 14,650 ft and christened after ‘Lion of Ladakh’ Col Chewang Rinchen. Col Rinchen was born on November 11, 1931 at Sumur village, Nubra Valley in Ladakh region, and is known as the ‘Lion of Ladakh’ for his extraordinary acts of courage in defending Leh and Partapur sector.
15) Answer: C
On October 21, 1959, twenty Indian soldiers were attacked by the Chinese troops in Ladakh. This altercation between the troops led to the death of ten policemen.
Ever since the incident, October 21 is celebrated as Police Commemoration Day in remembrance of the martyrs.
Last year, Narendra Modi inaugurated India’s first national police museum in Delhi on the occasion of Police Commemoration Day 2018.