Dear Aspirants, As we all know the importance of IBPS PO & Clerk General Awareness section. Because it a a very easy scoring part only when you are updated on every day. So, IG team has taken majestic step to make you score more in the IBPS PO & Clerk General Awareness Part. We amalgamated Banking awareness and Static Gk sections to make you score more. The Aspirants can make use of it, to improve score in IBPS PO & Clerk General awareness part. Start the Quiz to know your level in IBPS PO & Clerk General Awareness Section. Validate and enhance your skill by practicing more.[WpProQuiz 7489]
1) Indian Mobile Congress, the largest mobile technology event in South Asia, was held in which Indian city?
d) New Delhi
2) The Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), UN (United Nations) holds ‘the world food day’ annually on which date?
a) 15th October
b) 5th September
c) 4th October
d) 19th September
e) 16th October
3) The Indian Air Force will be carrying out a joint military exercise called ‘Shinyuu Maitri’ with which country’s air force?
a) South Korea
4) More than 1,500 students from 32 different colleges and universities participated in the ‘Sangam Youth Festival’ organized by ___ in Bhadarwah, Jammu and Kashmir?
a) Indian Railways
b) Union Ministry of skill development
c) Indian Army
e) Indian Air Force
e) Human Resource Development Ministry
5) Which body right now is investigating Pakistan for financial flows that are linked to terrorism?
a) World Bank
b) International Monetary Fund
c) Office of Criminal Intelligence
d) Financial Action Task Force
e) Serious Branch Investigation office
6) The GoI signed a 190 million USD loan with the Asian Development Bank (ADB) around mid-October to upgrade road transport in which Indian state?
a) Uttar Pradesh
b) Madhya Pradesh
c) Tamil Nadu
7) Which Indian women scripted history as she became the first Indian woman boxer in 18 years to enter the finals of Women’s World Boxing Championship?
a) M C Mary Kom
b) Jamuna Boro
c) Lovlina Borgohain
d) Manju Rani
e) Chuthamat Raksat
8) According to the World Bank’s recently released South Asia Economic Focus, 2019 report which of the following South Asian country is growing faster than India?
a) Sri Lanka
9) RBI has revised the guidelines on concurrent audit system as per the recommendations of an expert committee headed by___?
a) Shri. R A Sankara Narayanan
b) Shri. Debashish Mukherjee
c) Y.H. Malegam
d) R A Sankara Narayanan
e) None of these
10) Bank of Baroda has partnered with which major automobile manufacturer in order to provide vehicle finance?
a) Hyundai Motor India
b) Tata Motors
c) Mahindra and Mahindra
d) Kia Motors
e) MG Motors
11) Which space agency has launched Ionospheric Connection Explorer (ICON) to Study Earth’s Ionosphere?
a) National Aeronautics and Space Administration
b) Indian Space Research Organization
c) The Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency
d) European Space Agency
e) National Centre for Space Studies
12) Who inaugurated the exhibition titled “Unknown Masterpieces of Himachal Folk Art” at the National Museum in New Delhi?
a) President Ram Nath Kovind
b) CM Jai Ram Thakur
c) Prime Minister Modi
d) Prahalad Singh Patel
e) Venkaiah Naidu
13) Which of the following Private sector bank has been placed under prompt corrective action (PCA) framework?
a) Federal Bank
b) Laxmi Vilas Bank
c) Karur Vysya Bank
d) South Indian Bank
e) Dhanlaxmi Bank,
14) Which international financial institution has launched an open-ended fund for central bank investments in green bonds?
a) International Monetary Fund (IMF)
b) World Bank
c) New Development Bank
d) European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD)
e) Bank for International Settlements (BIS)
15) Oriental Bank of Commerce and United Bank are being merged with which other Public Sector bank?
a) Syndicate Bank
b) Punjab National Bank
c) Union Bank of India
d) Canara Bank
e) Bank of India
1) Answer: D
It was organized by the Department of Telecommunications along with Cellular Operation Association of India (COAI). This year the event was held between October 14, 2019 and October 16, 2019.
2) Answer: E
It is celebrated to commemorate the creation of FAO. The day is marked by more than 150 countries all over the world.
Theme: Our Actions are our Future Healthy Diets for a Zero Hunger World
3) Answer: C
Japanese Air Self Defence Force (JASDF) and Indian Air Force (IAF) held this exercise from 17 to 23 October 2019. The joint exercise was held at Air Force Station, Arjan Singh in Panagarh town, West Bengal. IAF’s C-130 J aircraft of Special Operations Squadron and JASDF’s C-130 H of Tactical Airlift Squadron participated in the exercise.
4) Answer: C
The event was inaugurated by the Northern Army commander Lt General Ranbir Singh. The 5 day festival was organised by Indian Army in collaboration with Jammu University with the aim of spreading message of peace, prosperity, communal harmony and national integration.
5) Answer: D
The Financial Action Task Force (on Money Laundering) (FATF) is an intergovernmental organization founded in 1989 on the initiative of the G7 to develop policies to combat money laundering. In 2001 its mandate expanded to include terrorism financing. Pakistan was added to the Grey list, the FATF Grey list comprises of those countries that have flaws in their financial regulation, in 2018.
6) Answer: D
India is one of the founding members of the ADB. It is the fourth-largest shareholder in the bank. India got its first loan from the bank in 1986 as Industrial credit. The bank was established in 1966. The headquarters of the bank is located in the Philippines, Manila.
7) Answer: D
India’s Debutant Manju Rani (48kg) scripted history as she became the first Indian woman boxer in 18 years to enter the finals of Women’s World Boxing Championship in her maiden appearance. She stormed to the finals of the World Boxing Championships in Russia with a win 4-1 win over her opponent Chuthamat Raksat of Thailand. She lost gold to host nation’s second-seeded boxer Ekaterinal Paltceva.
8) Answer: B
The projected growth of India in 2019 according to the report is 6%. However, India is expected to recover gradually. The report said that the growth rate of India will reach 6.9% in 2021 and 7.2% in 2022. In Nepal, the GDP growth is projected to be 6.5%. The growth will be backed by construction activities, tourist arrivals and higher public spending. World Bank HQ in Washington DC.
9) Answer: C
Reserve Bank of India (RBI) had constituted an expert committee to look into the entire gamut of issues relating to classification of bad loans, effectiveness of audits and rising incidents of frauds. The committee is headed by Y H Malegam. The committee was set up after the Rs 11,400 crore SWIFT (Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication)-related fraud in Punjab National Bank (PNB).
10) Answer: A
Under the agreement, the bank will provide detailed financing structure for both dealers and consumers. Bank of Baroda MD & CEO is P S Jayakumar, HQ in Alkapuri, Vadodara. Hyundai HQ – Seoul
11) Answer: A
It will study the airglow formed from gases in ionosphere and also measure the charged environment right around the 580-kilometer-high (360-mile-high) spacecraft. The ionosphere is the charged part of upper atmosphere extending several hundred miles up. It is in constant flux as space weather bombards it from above and Earth weather from below, sometimes disrupting radio communications.
12) Answer: D
The Exhibition is being jointly organised by the National Museum and Home of Folk Art, Gurugram in which more than 240 artefacts will be on display. The aim of the exhibition is to highlight the Folk art tradition of Himachal Pradesh.
13) Answer: B
RBI decides on putting a bank on PCA depending on several financial parameters like capital adequacy ratio, non-performing assets (NPA) and return on assets (ROA). Based on each trigger point, the banks have to follow a mandatory action plan. Founded in 1926 and HQ in Chennai.
14) Answer: E
A green bond is a bond whose proceeds are used to fund environment-friendly projects related to clean water, renewable energy, energy efficiency, etc. The first green bond was issued by the World Bank, which began the practice in 2008. BIS was established: 17 May 1930 and is Headquarters: Basel, Switzerland.
15) Answer: B
Amalgamation of PNB, OBC and UBI would create the country’s second largest bank – both in terms of business and branch network. They collectively had a business of Rs 18 lakh crore at the end of March that originated through 11,437 branches amongst them.