Dear Aspirants, As we all know the importance of IBPS PO & Clerk General Awareness section. Because it a a very easy scoring part only when you are updated on every day. So, IG team has taken majestic step to make you score more in the IBPS PO & Clerk General Awareness Part. We amalgamated Banking awareness and Static Gk sections to make you score more. The Aspirants can make use of it, to improve score in IBPS PO & Clerk General awareness part. Start the Quiz to know your level in IBPS PO & Clerk General Awareness Section. Validate and enhance your skill by practicing more.[WpProQuiz 7494]
1) The Reserve Bank of India in its 4th bi-monthly policy review cut the repo rate for the fifth consecutive time by 25 base points to__?
2) The Order of the Green Crescent awarded to Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu is the Highest Civilian Honour of which African country?
D) Sierra Leone
3) Navies of India and Bangladesh will participate for the first time in an Indian Navy-Bangladeshi Navy Bilateral Exercise in which Indian city?
4) Public sector Canara Bank will be merged with which other Public sector bank of India?
A) Corporation Bank
B) Dena Bank
C) Andhra Bank
D) Oriental Bank of Commerce
E) Syndicate Bank
5) Who has been awarded the Indira Gandhi Award for National Integration for the years 2017 and 2018?
A) M. S. Swaminathan
B) Chandi Prasad Bhatt
C) Balraj Puri
D) Mohan Dharia
E) Mahasweta Devi
6) Which foreign country has partnered with India to train Indian Air Force pilots for Indian Space Research Organization’s Gaganyaan’ project?
7) SARAS Aajeevika Mela is an initiative under Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana – National Rural Livelihoods Mission (DAY – NRLM) was held in which Indian city?
C) New Delhi
8) POSHAN Atlas- an initiative to map crops and food grains grown all over the country is being developed by the Women and Child Development ministry along with__?
A) Ministry of Food Processing Industries
B) Food Safety and Standards Authority of India
C) Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
D) Bill and Melinda Gates foundation
E) Food and Agriculture Organization
9) Who was awarded The Nobel Prize in Literature for the year 2019?
A) Peter Handke
B) Olga Tokarczuk
C) Svetlana Alexievich
D) Elfriede Jelinek
E) Toni Morrison
10) The First-Ever India International Cooperatives Trade Fair (IICTF) was conducted in which Indian city?
D) New Delhi
11) The World Athletics Championship is organized by IAAF (International Association of Athletics Federations) was held which city?
A) Doha, Qatar
B) Abu Dhabi, UAE
C) Chicago, USA
D) Jakarta, Indonesia
E) Paris, France
12) The Bihu dance is an indigenous folk dance from which Indian state?
13) Sindhu Darshan Festival is held every year on the full moon day (on Guru Purnima) in June, in which Indian region?
A) UT of Ladakh
B) UT of J&K
D) Himachal Pradesh
14) The Securities and Exchange Board of India barred which stock exchange from accessing the securities market for six months?
A) Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE)
B) Calcutta Stock Exchange (CSE)
C) Multi Commodity Exchange of India (MCX)
D) National Stock Exchange (NSE)
E) National Commodity & Derivatives Exchange (NCDEX)
15) Wishfin’s insurance arm Wishpolicy has tied up with which Indian private non-life insurer to offer two-wheeler insurance to customers via WhatsApp?
A) Future Generali India Insurance Co. Ltd.
B) HDFC ERGO General Insurance Co. Ltd.
C) ICICI Lombard General Insurance Co. Ltd.
D) Bajaj Allianz General Insurance
E) Bharti AXA General Insurance
1) Answer: C
The MPC decided to continue with an accommodative stance as long as “it is necessary to revive growth, while ensuring that inflation remains within the target.” All 6 members of the MPC voted in favour of reducing the repo rate.
2) Answer: B
Vice President was conferred the honour by Azali Assoumani, President of the Union of the Comoros. He is the first to receive the honour from India. Vice President M. Venkaiah Naidu is on a first-ever high-level official visit to Comoros from 10 – 14 October 2019.
3) Answer: B
The IN-BN Bilateral Exercise was held in Visakhapatnam from Oct 12 to Oct 16. The first edition commenced in 2018.
4) Answer: E
Both of these banks operate predominantly in the South. These two banks will be consolidated to form the fourth largest public-sector bank with a business of Rs 15.2 lakh crore and the 3rd largest bank network in the country. Syndicate Bank HQ-Manipal, Udupi, Karnataka, Canara Bank HQ- Bangalore, Karnataka.
5) Answer: B
Environmentalist Chandi Prasad Bhatt was awarded Indira Gandhi Award for National Integration for the years 2017 and 2018 for his services in promoting and preserving national integration in the country. The award was presented on 31 October.
6) Answer: C
The Indian Space flight mission Gaganyaan will orbit the Earth for seven days and is scheduled in December 2021. Four Indian Air Force Pilots are to participate in the mission. The mission is undertaken in the low earth orbit at 300 – 400 km from the earth.
7) Answer: C
The Mela is being organized by the CAPART – Council for Advancement of People’s action and rural Technology, the marketing arm of the ministry of rural development. The Mela is to be organized in the lawns of India Gate between 10th October 2019 and 23rd October 2019.
8) Answer: D
This is done to promote regional cropping pattern and nutritious protein-rich food in local areas. The initiative will aid Poshan Abhiyan that is focusing on ensuring the nutrition of women, children and pregnant mothers.
9) Answer: A
Peter is an Austrian novelist, translator and playwright. He has won several awards like International Ibsen award in 2014, Mülheimer Dramatikerpreis in 2012.
10) Answer: D
It is conceived as a major platform to promote exports of Indian cooperative produce and is packed with exhibitions, B2B/C2C meetings, conferences, cultural programmes etc. It was held from 11-13 October 2019.
11) Answer: A
In 2019 it was held between September 27 and October 6, 2019 in Doha, Qatar. Athletes from 209 countries from all over the world participated in more than 49 athletic events. India ranked 7th in the 100 metres, 6th in the 400 meters, 8th in the 200 meters and 1500 meters respectively.
12) Answer: C
The dance is related to the Bihu festival and an important part of Assamese culture. Performed in a group, the Bihu dancers are usually young men and women, and the dancing style is characterized by brisk steps, and rapid hand movements.
13) Answer: A
It stretches for three days. It was first started in October 1997 and continues to be held every year since then, attracting a large number of foreign and domestic tourists. The Sindhu Darshan Festival is a celebration of River Sindhu, also known as the Indus Valley Civilisation.
14) Answer: D
SEBI directed the National Stock Exchange (NSE) to pay Rs 687 crore and barred it from accessing the securities market for six months following investigations into the collocation of servers that gave an unfair advantage to some traders. The case dates back to 2015 when a whistleblower wrote a letter to Sebi alleging that NSE, India’s largest stock exchange, gave preferential access to a few high-frequency traders and brokers to the exchange’s trading platform.
15) Answer: E
Bharti AXA General Insurance, a joint venture between Bharti Enterprises and global insurance firm AXA, will sell the policies on the website of Wishfin’s insurance arm WishPolicy.