Dear Aspirants, As we all know the importance of General Awareness section to appear for all the competitive exams. So, IG team has taken majestic step to make you score more in the General Awareness Part. We amalgamated Banking awareness and Static Gk sections to make you score more. The Aspirants can make use of it, to improve score in General awareness part.
1) “Local Area Banks” were introduced in 1996, LAB’s are restricted to operate maximum in three Districts. How many Local Area Banks are functioning at present?
2) Which of the following is NOT a “Nationalized Bank” in India?
a) Vijaya Bank
b) Dena Bank
c) UCO Bank
d) IDBI Bank
e) Canara Bank
3) The amount of Loan under retail lending normally range between ________ to _________
a) ₹ 20000 to ₹ 1 crore
b) ₹ 50000 to ₹ 50 lakh
c) ₹ 1 Lakh to ₹ 1 crore
d) ₹ 1 Lakh to ₹ 10 lakh
e) ₹ 10 Lakh to ₹ 10 crore
4) Which one of the following methods is currently used in India to issue notes?
a) Proportional Reserve System
b) Fixed Fiduciary System
c) Minimum Reserve System
d) Fiscal Reserve System
e) Budget Reserve System
5) As per RBI Guideline, What is the name of the new type of account to achieve “Financial Inclusion”?
a) BSBDA Account
b) Basic Account
c) Small Account
d) Small Savings Account
e) Smart Savings Account
6) Who is the Cabinet Minister of “Electronics & Information Technology”?
a) Jagat Prakash Nadda
b) Kalraj Mishra
c) D V Sadananda Gowda
d) Ravi Shankar Prasad
e) Harsh Vardhan
7) Which country will host “2022 Winter Olympics”?
e) South Korea
8) What is the currency of “Algeria”?
9) “National Sports Day” is celebrated on what day every year?
a) August 27th
b) August 25th
c) August 29th
d) August 26th
e) August 30th
10) “Lake Moriri” situated in which of the following state?
a) Jammu & Kashmir
b) Himachal Pradesh
e) Arunachal Pradesh
1) Answer: a)
Local Area Banks have jurisdiction over a maximum of three contiguous districts, and their basic function is to mobilise funds in rural and semi-urban areas. There are only four Local Area Banks (LAB) in India
- Coastal Local Area Bank Ltd (Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh)
- Capital Local Area Bank Ltd (Phagwara, Punjab)
- Krishna Bhima Samruddhi Local Area Bank Ltd (Mahbubnagar, Telangana)
- Subhadra Local Area Bank Ltd., Kolhapur (Kolhapur, Maharashtra)
2) Answer: d)
IDBI bank Ltd is a banking company with majority shares are held by the government of India, hence a public sector bank.
3) Answer: a)
The “Retail Loans” given by commercial banks are generally for a duration of less than 5-7 years only. The amount of Loan under retail lending normally range between ₹ 20000 to ₹ 1 crore.
4) Answer: c)
The Reserve bank of India has the authority to issue currency. The current system of Indian government to issue notes is “Minimum Reserve System”. Under this policy, the minimum reserves to be maintained in the form of gold and foreign exchange should consists of rupees 200 crore. Out this reserve, the value of gold to be maintained is rupees 115 crore. This system was introduced in 1956 replacing the proportional reserve system, and continues till date.
5) Answer: a)
The aim of introducing ‘Basic Savings Bank Deposit Account (BSBDA)’ is very much part of the efforts of RBI for furthering Financial Inclusion objectives.
6) Answer: d)
Ravi Shankar Prasad is an Indian lawyer, politician and the current Union Minister holding Law and Justice and Electronics and Information Technology portfolio in the Government of India.
7) Answer: a)
After the Pyeongchang Winter Olympics in 2018 and the Tokyo Summer Olympics in 2020, Asia will host its third successive games in 2022, when the Winter Olympics head to Beijing, China.
8) Answer: a)
Algeria – Country in North Africa, Capital: Algiers, Currency: Algerian dinar
9) Answer: c)
29th Aug: National Sports Day Birth anniversary of Hockey Player Dhyan Chand
10) Answer: b)
“Lake Moriri” situated in Himachal Pradesh.
Daily Practice Test Schedule | Good Luck
|Topic||Daily Publishing Time|
|Daily News Papers & Editorials||8.00 AM|
|Current Affairs Quiz||9.00 AM|
|Current Affairs Quiz (Hindi)||9.30 AM|
|NIACL AO Prelims – Reasoning||10.00 AM|
|NIACL AO Prelims – Quantitative Aptitude||11.00 AM|
|Vocabulary (Based on The Hindu)||12.00 PM|
|NIACL AO Prelims – English Language||1.00 PM|
|SSC Practice Questions (Reasoning/Quantitative aptitude)||2.00 PM|
|SSC Practice Questions (Reasoning/Quantitative aptitude) (Hindi)||2.30 PM|
|IBPS Clerk – Static GK||3.00 PM|
|SSC Practice Questions (English/General Knowledge)||4.00 PM|
|SSC Practice Questions (English/General Knowledge) (Hindi)||4.30 PM|
|Daily Current Affairs Updates||5.00 PM|
|SBI PO/IBPS ClerkMains – Reasoning||6.00 PM|
|SBI PO/IBPS Clerk Mains – Quantitative Aptitude||7.00 PM|
|SBI PO/IBPS Clerk Mains – English Language||8.00 PM|