Dear Aspirants, As we all know the importance of General Awareness section to appear for all the competitive exams. So, IG team has taken majestic step to make you score more in the General Awareness Part. We amalgamated Banking awareness and Static Gk sections to make you score more. The Aspirants can make use of it, to improve score in General awareness part.
1) The note-issue system in India is based on?
a) Gold Deposit System
b) Minimum Reserve System
c) Proportional Reserve System
d) Simple Deposit System
e) None of the above
2) According to Section 20(1) of The Banking Regulation Act, 1949, a bank can’t sanction any loan or advances on the security of __________
a) Bank’s own Share
b) Government Bonds
c) Post Office Deposits
d) Private Company Share
e) None of these
3) Regional Rural Banks (RRBs) were set up in 1975 to create an alternative channel to the cooperative credit structure. What is the share structure of the central govt, the state govts and the sponsor banks respectively in the RRBs as of now?
a) 40 per cent, 15 per cent and 45 per cent
b) 40 per cent, 20 per cent and 40 per cent
c) 45 per cent, 15 per cent and 40 per cent
d) 50 per cent, 15 per cent and 35 per cent
e) None of these
4) The RBI has specified certain regulatory trigger points as part of the prompt corrective action (PCA) framework. One of them is RoA which stands for
a) Rationalisation of Assets
b) Restructuring of Assets
c) Return on Assets
d) Reason of Acquisition
e) Return on Acquisitions
5) A corporate or an individual borrower who despite having the capability to repay money does not cough up money is termed as
a) Staunch defaulter
b) Bad borrower
c) Rounder tripper
d) Wilful defaulter
e) White defaulter
6) Gaggal Airport is located in which Indian state?
c) Himachal Pradesh
7) Where is the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change headquarters located?
a) Hague, the Netherlands
b) Brussels, Belgium
c) Bonn, Germany
d) Geneva, Switzerland
e) Rome, Italy
8) Kowdiar Palace is located in which of the following Indian states?
a) Tamil Nadu
c) Andhra Pradesh
9) Kandla Port located in which Indian state?
d) Tamil Nadu
10) Constitution Day (National Law Day) celebrated every year on which among the following days in India.
a) 26 January
b) 26 November
c) 15 August
d) 30 January
e) 26 December
1) Answer: b)
In India, currencies are issued by the RBI with the backing of reserves comprised of gold and foreign exchange (foreign currencies). For the issue of currencies, the RBI follows Minimum Reserve System at present. The Minimum Reserve System (MRS) is followed from 1956 on wards.
2) Answer: a)
According to Section 20(1) of The Banking Regulation Act, 1949, a bank can’t sanction any loan or advances on the security of Bank’s own Share.
3) Answer: d)
The Regional Rural Banks were owned by the Central Government, the State Government and the Sponsor Bank (Any commercial bank can sponsor the regional rural banks) who held shares in the ratios as follows Central Government – 50%, State Government – 15% and Sponsor Banks – 35%.
4) Answer: c)
Return on assets (ROA) is a financial ratio that shows the percentage of profit a company earns in relation to its overall resources. It is commonly defined as net income divided by total assets. Net income is derived from the income statement of the company and is the profit after taxes.
5) Answer: d)
A corporate or an individual borrower who despite having the capability to repay money does not cough up money is termed as wilful defaulter.
6) Answer: c)
Gaggal Airport is an airport located in Gaggal near Kangra in the Indian state of Himachal Pradesh. It is located 12 km from Dharamshala and 8 kilometers from Kangra.
7) Answer: c)
United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change is headquartered at Bonn, Germany.
8) Answer: b)
Kowdiar Palace in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala was built in 1934 by Maharajah Sree Chithira Thirunal. Kowdiar Palace is one of the most significant heritage structures to be seen in Thiruvananthapuram. It is seen in a serene and beautiful campus within the city centre.
9) Answer: e)
Kandla Port Trust or Deendayal Port is a seaport in Kutch District of Gujarat state in western India. The Port of Kandla is located on the Gulf of Kutch on the northwestern coast of India.
10) Answer: b)
Constitution Day (National Law Day), also known as Samvidhan Divas, is celebrated in India on 26 November every year to commemorate the adoption of the Constitution of India. On 26 November 1949, the Constituent Assembly of India adopted the Constitution of India, and it came into effect on 26 January 1950.