Dear Aspirants, As we all know the importance of General Awareness section to appear for all the competitive exams. So, IG team has taken majestic step to make you score more in the General Awareness Part. We amalgamated Banking awareness and Static Gk sections to make you score more. The Aspirants can make use of it, to improve score in General awareness part.
1) PAN number is required for all transactions above
a) Rs. 25,000
b) Rs. 50,000
c) Rs. 1 lac
d) Rs. 2 lacs
e) Rs.10 lacs
2) The web platform PAiSA has been designed and developed by which of the following banks?
a) Allahabad Bank
b) UCO Bank
3) NFRA, an independent regulator for the auditing profession recently got its chairmen recently. What does F stands for in NFRA.
4) The RBI will consider grant full licenses for payment banks under which section of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949?
a) Section 19
b) Section 20
c) Section 21
d) Section 22
e) Section 23
5) What is the current Marginal Standing Facility Rate?
6) World Standards Day is observed on which date?
a) October 14th
b) January 26th
c) March 25th
d) September 28th
e) November 15th
7) Sursagar Lake is located in which state?
d) Andhra Pradesh
8) Who is the current Governor of Jammu and Kashmir?
c) Satya Pal Malik
d) Mehbooba Mufti
e) Kaptna Singh Solanki
9) Exercise Maitree is a joint military exercise between Indian Army and which countries Army?
e) None of these
10) Kamuthi Solar Power Project is the largest single location solar power plant in the world, located at which Indian state?
a) Andhra Pradesh
c) West Bengal
e) Tamil Nadu
1) Answer: b)
For bank withdrawals PAN card is not mandatory. But banks seek such details in case deposits or remittances are for ₹50k and more. Recently Govt has passed necessary legislation imposing ceiling on cash withdrawal at ₹2lacs.
2) Answer: a)
The PAiSA – Portal for Affordable Credit and Interest Subvention Access web platform has been designed and developed by Allahabad Bank which is the Nodal bank.
3) Answer: d)
The Centre has appointed former IAS officer RangachariSridharan as chairperson of the National Financial Reporting Authority (NFRA), an entity which will function as an independent regulator for the auditing profession.
4) Answer: d)
The Payments Bank will be registered as a public limited company under the Companies Act, 2013, and licensed under Section 22 of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949, with specific licensing conditions restricting its activities to acceptance of demand deposits and provision of payments and remittance services.
5) Answer: c)
Marginal Standing Facility (MSF): A facility under which scheduled commercial banks can borrow additional amount of overnight money from the Reserve Bank by dipping into their Statutory Liquidity Ratio (SLR) portfolio up to a limit at a penal rate of interest. This provides a safety valve against unanticipated liquidity shocks to the banking system. The current MSF Rate is 6.75%
6) Answer: a)
World Standards Day (or International Standards Day) is celebrated internationally each year on 14 October. The day honours the efforts of the thousands of experts who develop voluntary standards within standards development organizations
7) Answer: b)
Sur Sagarlake also known as the Chand Talao is a lake situated in middle of the city of Vadodara in the State of Gujarat in India.
8) Answer: c)
Satya Pal Malik is the current Governor of Jammu and Kashmir, appointed by President Ram NathKovind on 21 August 2018.
9) Answer: d)
Exercise Maitree is a joint military exercise between Indian Army and Royal Thai Army which will be conducted from 06 to 19 August 2018 in Thailand.
10) Answer: e)
Kamuthi Solar Power Project is the largest single location solar power plant in the world, located at Kamuthi in Tamil Nadu. The Kamuthi solar plant is the world’s second largest solar park with a capacity of 648 MW commissioned by Adani Power.