Dear Aspirants, As we all know the importance of General Awareness section to appear for all the competitive exams. So, IG team has taken majestic step to make you score more in the General Awareness Part. We amalgamated Banking awareness and Static Gk sections to make you score more. The Aspirants can make use of it, to improve score in General awareness part.
1) Reserve Bank of India has announced that “NSFR” norms for banks will be operation from April, 2020. What is the full form of “NSFR”?
a) Net Statutory Financial Rules
b) Net Stable Funding Ratio
c) Net Standard Funding Registration
d) Net Substantial Fixed Ratio
e) None of these
2) LAF is a tool used in monetary policy that allows banks to borrow money. What is the full form of LAF?
a) Least Adjustment Fund
b) Low Account Facility
c) Liquidity Adjustment Facility
d) Lead Bank Authorized Forum
e) Leading Acquisition Firm
3) What does “Overdraft” mean in Banking?
a) Minimum bank balance required for continuation of account
b) Maximum account limit
c) Maximum Loan limit
d) Minimum Deposit needed to open the account
e) The account holder may withdraw more money than its deposit
4) What is the minimum annual deposit amount requirement for ‘SukanyaSamriddhiYojana’?
a) Rs. 1000
b) Rs. 100
c) Rs. 750
d) Rs. 250
e) Rs. 500
5) ‘DTAA’ is a tax treaty signed between two or more countries. What is the full form of ‘DTAA’?
a) Deficit Trade Auction Agreement
b) Debt Trap Auction Assets
c) Direct Tax Arbitrage Agreement
d) Double Taxation Avoidance Agreement
e) Demand Tariff Adoptive Appreciation
6) On which date “International Day of Human Rights” is celebrated worldwide?
a) 12 January
b) 8 March
c) 10 December
d) 24 October
e) 5 June
7) Headquarters of ‘New Development Bank’ is located in which city?
8) “Tarli Irrigation Project” is situated in which state of India?
b) West Bengal
c) Andhra Pradesh
9) AnkitaRaina is associated with which sports?
10) Which of the following is the joint military exercise between India and United States (USA)?
a) Surya Kiran
e) Nomadic Elephant
1) Answer: b)
NSFR is defined as the amount of available stable funding (ASF) in relation to the amount of required stable funding (RSF). The RBI has announced that NSFR norms that mandate banks to maintain a stable funding profile in relation to the composition of their assets and off-balance sheet activities will be operational from April 2020.
2) Answer: c)
A liquidity adjustment facility (LAF) is a tool used in monetary policy that allows banks to borrow money through repurchase agreements. It has two components — repo (repurchase agreement) and reverse repo.
3) Answer: e)
Overdraft means the act of withdrawing more money from bank account than it has deposited in it.
4) Answer: d)
Under the SukanyaSamriddhiYojana, the government has cut the minimum annual deposit requirement for accounts to Rs. 250 from Rs. 1000 earlier.
5) Answer: d)
A DTAA (Double Taxation Avoidance Agreement) is a tax treaty signed between two or more countries. Its key objective is that tax-payers in these countries can avoid being taxed twice for the same income.
6) Answer: c)
December 10 is celebrated annually as International Day of Human Rights or Human Rights Day. The Campaign of the 2018 Human Rights Day is: #StandUp4HumanRights. 2018 marked the 70th anniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR), adopted in 1948 by the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA).
7) Answer: d)
New Development Bank also known as ‘BRICS bank’ is headquartered at Shanghai, China. K. V. Kamath of India is the present President of the bank.
8) Answer: a)
In October, 2018, the Maharashtra state government approved financial assistance of Rs. 1610 crores for the Tarli Irrigation Project in the Satara district of the state.
9) Answer: d)
AnkitaRaina is an Indian tennis player, and the current Indian No. 1 in women’s singles.
10) Answer: d)
In November, 2018 ‘VajraPrahar’, joint military exercise between India and the United States was conducted in Jaipur, Rajasthan.