- What is the rank of India on the World Press Freedom Index, released by Reporters Without Borders (RSF)?
- What is the place of India in the world for producing electricity according to the report by India Brand Equity Foundation (IBEF)?
- Which of the following city has become the first district in India to have 100% solar powered Primary Health Centers (PHC)?
- How much amount has been allocated by the Union Government for 3 years upto March, 2020 to fund the development projects in the Northeast region?
a) Rs 5000 crore
b) Rs 2500 crore
c) Rs 4000 crore
d) Rs 4500 crore
e) Rs 3000 crore
- What was the subscriber base of Atal Pension Yojana (APY) at the end of financial year 2017-18?
a) 97 lakh
b) 92 lakh
c) 102 lakh
d) 113 lakh
e) 99 lakh
- Which of the following state government has approved the proposal to start a free air-ambulance service?
a) Himachal Pradesh
- Which of the following company is the most ‘attractive employer brand’, according to the Randstad Employer Brand Research (REBR) 2018?
b) Amazon India
c) State Bank of India
d) IBM India
e) Microsoft India
- Which of the following company has acquired Belgian firm Hedera Consulting?
- Union Cabinet has decided to expand the investment limit for Senior Citizens under Pradhan Mantri Vaya Vandan Yojana (PMVVY) from Rs 7.5 lakh to?
a) 10 lakh
b) 15 lakh
c) 18 lakh
d) 20 lakh
e) 25 lakh
- Which of the following brokerage company has launched ‘Free Intraday Trading’?
a) Axis Securities
b) SBI securities
c) ICICI Securities
d) HDFC Securities
e) Kotak Securities
- Which country’s bank is VTB Bank?
- Recently, who is appointed as a whole-time member of Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI)?
a) B P Kanungo
b) Nandita Sahni
c) Dharmesh Shukla
d) Madhabi Puri Buch
e) Santosh Kumar Mohanty
- Who is the present chairman of Catholic Syrian Bank?
a) R Subramaniam
b) T.S. Anantharaman
c) T N Manoharan
d) Usha Ananthasubramaniam
e) None of these
- Which bank has launched ‘Mera iMobile’ app for rural customers?
a) Axis Bank
b) Yes Bank
c) ICICI Bank
d) HDFC Bank
e) None of these.
- Which bank has the tagline ‘We Understand Your World’?
a) HDFC Bank
b) UCO Bank
c) Dena Bank
d) Oriental Bank of Commerce
e) Indian Overseas Bank
- Cheraw dance is a folk dance of which state?
e) None of these
- Who is the present union minister of Law and Justice?
a) Radha Mohan Singh
b) Ravi Shankar Prasad
c) Ramvilas Paswan
d) Jual Oram
e) None of these
- Ulsoor Lake’ or Halasuru Lake located in which state?
b) Madhya Pradesh
c) Tamil Nadu
e) None of these
- Anandiben Patel is the present governor of which state?
a) Madhya Pradesh
e) None of these
- World water day observed on which day?
a) February 26
b) January 24
c) May 25
d) March 22
e) June 27
1). Answer: C
Reporters Without Borders released the World Press Freedom Index (WPFI) in it India was placed at 138th rank out of 180 nations surveyed worldwide in terms of press freedom in 2017. It was ranked at the 135th in WPFI 2017. The list topped by Norway.
2). Answer: B
As per a report by India Brand Equity Foundation (IBEF), India has become the third largest electricity producer in the world. India’s electricity production grew 34% over seven years to 2017, and the country now produces more energy than Japan and Russia.
3). Answer: D
Surat becomes the first district in the country to have 100 per cent solar powered Primary Health Centers (PHC). All 52 PHCs in the district are now powered by a solar system. With this, Surat becomes the first to set an example for the nation by developing villages that use sustainable forms of energy.
4). Answer: D
Rs 4500 crore has been allocated by the Union Government to fund the development projects in the Northeast region upto March 2020.
5). Answer: A
According to Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA), the subscriber base of Atal Pension Yojana (APY) stood at 97.05 lakh at end of 2017-18 fiscal. It was lower than target of 1 crore set by pension regulator PFRDA.
6). Answer: A
Himachal Pradesh state government has approved the proposal to start a free air-ambulance service. The state government will provide landing and take-off facility to a Switzerland -based firm, which had been running free air-ambulance service in several countries. The company will bring one helicopter in first phase and then increase it two later. The helicopter will not be used for any VIP travelling and will be equipped to tackle medical emergencies.
7). Answer: E
Technology giant Microsoft India has been declared the most attractive employer brand, followed by e-commerce giant Amazon India. The winners were named by HR service provider Randstad’s Employer Brand Research (REBR) 2018.
8). Answer: D
IT major Cognizant has acquired Belgium-based Hedera Consulting, a privately-held company specialising in business advisory and data analytics services in a number of industry sectors, to expand its consulting, business insight and digital transformation capabilities for clients in Belgium and the Netherlands.
9). Answer: B
The Union Cabinet has approved doubling of investment limit from Rs 7.5 lakh to Rs 15 lakh under Pradhan Mantri Vaya Vandana Yojana (PMVVY). It also extended time limits for subscription from ay 2018 to March, 2020.
10). Answer: E
Domestic brokerage Kotak Securities has launched ‘Free Intraday Trading’, a facility that allows investors to do intra-day trading without paying any brokerage per trade. Investors can do intra-day trades across cash, future and options segments at an annual subscription of Rs.999.
11). Answer: A
VTB Bank is one of the leading universal banks of Russia. VTB Bank and its subsidiaries form a leading Russian financial group – VTB Group, offering a wide range of banking services and products in Russia, CIS, Europe, Asia, Africa, and the U.S.
12). Answer: E
Santosh Kumar Mohanty has been appointed as a whole-time member of the Securities and Exchange Board of India (Sebi) for three years, or till the age of 65 years.
13). Answer: B
The present Chairman of Catholic Syrian Bank is T.S. Anantharaman.
14). Answer: C
The ICICI bank has recently launched a mobile banking app “Mera iMobile” for rural customers that allow them to access banking services as well as information on agri services. The app is open for both bank customers as well as others and is available in 11 different languages.
15). Answer: A
HDFC Bank – We Understand Your World
16). Answer: C
Cheraw dance is a ritual dance performed in Mizoram, India
17). Answer: B
Ravi Shankar Prasad is the present union minister of Law and Justice
18). Answer: E
Ulsoor Lake’ or Halasuru Lake, one of the biggest lakes in Bangalore, is located on the eastern side of the city.
19). Answer: A
Anandiben Patel is the present governor of Madhya Pradesh
20). Answer: D
World Water Day is an annual UN observance day (always on 22 March) that highlights the importance of freshwater.
Daily Practice Test Schedule | Good Luck
|Topic||Daily Publishing Time|
|Daily News Papers & Editorials||8.00 AM|
|Current Affairs Quiz||9.00 AM|
|Quantitative Aptitude “20-20”||11.00 AM|
|Vocabulary (Based on The Hindu)||12.00 PM|
|General Awareness “20-20”||1.00 PM|
|English Language “20-20”||2.00 PM|
|Reasoning Puzzles & Seating||4.00 PM|
|Daily Current Affairs Updates||5.00 PM|
|Data Interpretation / Application Sums (Topic Wise)||6.00 PM|
|Reasoning Ability “20-20”||7.00 PM|
|English Language (New Pattern Questions)||8.00 PM|