Dear Aspirants, As we all know the importance of General Awareness section to appear for all the competitive exams. So, IG team has taken majestic step to make you score more in the General Awareness Part. We amalgamated Current affairs, Banking awareness and Static Gk sections to make you score more. The Aspirants can make use of it, to improve score in General awareness part.
- Which of the following bank has sanctioned $ 375 million loan to improve irrigation system in Madhya Pradesh?
c) World Bank
- Which of the following banks has tied up with SIDBI to become its preferred financial institution to extend banking facilities to its SME customers?
c) ICICI Bank
d) HDFC Bank
e) Yes Bank
- How much amount of loan agreement has been signed between India and the World Bank as additional financing for the Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY) Rural Roads Project?
a) $ 200 million
b) $ 300 million
c) $ 400 million
d) $ 500 million
e) $ 600 million
- How much million Indian citizens have been found to spend more than 10 percent of their income towards medical expenditure during the period 2007-2015, according to the World Health Organization?
a) 100 million
b) 140 million
c) 170 million
d) 230 million
e) 250 million
- The WHO has in collaboration with which of the following organization has launched the “Global Preparedness Monitoring Board”, a mechanism to regularly monitor and report preparedness level to tackle all health emergencies globally?
e) World Bank
- Which of the following state government has announced a monthly allowance of Rs 1,000 each to unemployed graduate youths?
b) Andhra Pradesh
- Which of the following country hosted the 2018 International Conference on TRIPS- CBD Linkage?
- Which of the following social networking giant has partnered with National Commission for Women (NCW) to offer digital literacy programme for women?
e) None of these
- Which of the following company has launched its messaging app named Kimbho giving a strong competition to widely used Whatsapp?
- What is the rank of India in Save the Children’s “End of Childhood Index 2018”?
- What is the abbreviation of MMID?
a) Mobile Money Identifier
b) Mutual Monetary Identifier
c) Mobile Money Interface
d) Mobile Monitoring Intelligence
e) None of these
- Which of the following bank launched ‘Deposit Only Card’?
a) HDFC Bank
b) Karnataka Bank
c) ICICI Bank
d) Karur Vysya Bank
e) IndusInd Bank
- What is the name of the credit rating agency that has downgraded the viability rating (VR) of State Bank of India (SBI) and Bank of Baroda (BOB)?
c) Fitch Ratings
e) None of these
- Name the bank which has bagged the Best Performing Public Sector Bank award for the financial year 2017-18 from the PFRDA?
a) United Bank of India
b) Central Bank of India
c) Allahabad Bank
e) Vijaya Bank
- What does ‘P’ stands for in PSL?
- In which of the following state Rangit Dam is located?
- Ashwini Ponnappa related to which sport?
e) None of these
- Where is Nal Sarovar Bird Sanctuary located?
- When National Army day observed?
a) January 12
b) January 13
c) January 14
d) January 15
e) None of these
- What is the name of airport located in Ahmadabad, Gujarat?
a) Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi International airport
b) Lok Nayak Jayaprakash Airport
c) Indira Gandhi International Airport
d) Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport
e) Birsa Munda Airport
1). Answer: B
The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has approved a $375 million loan for a project to improve irrigation in Madhya Pradesh to help double farmers’ income.
2). Answer: E
Yes Bank has signed an MoU with Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) to become the preferred financial institution to extend banking facilities to small and medium enterprising (SME) customers of SIDBI.
3). Answer: D
India and World Bank has signed $ 500 million loan agreement to provide additional financing for the Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY) Rural Roads Project.
4). Answer: D
As per the World Health Statistics 2018 report, published in the WHO website, 17.3 percent of India’s population or nearly 230 million citizens spent more than 10 percent of their income towards health expenditure during 2007-2015. The global average is 11.7 per cent for people spending more than 10 per cent of their income towards medical expenses.
5). Answer: E
The World Health Organization (WHO) and World Bank Group has launched a new mechanism that intends to strengthen global health security through monitoring and regular reporting of preparedness to tackle outbreaks, pandemics, and other emergencies with health consequences. Under the programme, a new monitoring board, “Global Preparedness Monitoring Board” has been set up with headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland.
6). Answer: B
Andhra Pradesh government has announced a monthly allowance of Rs 1,000 each to unemployed graduate youths in the state with an upper age limit of 35.
7). Answer: A
The 2018 International Conference on TRIPS- CBD Linkage was held in Geneva, Switzerland. The conference will bring together indigenous people/local communities in developing and developed countries, internationally acclaimed academicians working on the subject, Geneva-based negotiators and capital based experts.
8). Answer: B
Social networking giant Facebook has partnered with National Commission for Women (NCW) to launch a digital literacy programme in collaboration with the Cyber Peace Foundation (CPF). As part of the digital literacy programme pilot, awareness training will be conducted for 60,000 women in universities across major cities in Haryana, Delhi-NCR, Manipur, Sikkim, Meghalaya, Maharashtra, and Tamil Nadu over a one-year period.
9). Answer: C
Yoga guru Baba Ramdev’s Patanjali has introduced a messaging platform that goes by the name of “Kimbho”. Kimbo’ is derived from a Sanskrit word which translates to, “How are you? What’s new?” and can be downloaded directly from Google Play store.
10). Answer: D
India has been placed at 113th position in the list of 175 countries in “End of Childhood Index 2018” indexed by global child rights group, Save the Children. Singapore and Slovenia are placed at the top sharing the first place in the index and Niger figures at the end of the list at 175.
11). Answer: A
Mobile Money Identifier (MMID) is a seven digit unique number issued by the bank upon registration.
12). Answer: B
Karnataka Bank Ltd has launched ‘KBL-Deposit Only Card’ that enables hassle-free cash deposit transactions at the bank’s 24X7 e-lobby services.
13). Answer: C
Fitch Ratings has downgraded the viability rating (VR) of State Bank of India (SBI) and Bank of Baroda (BOB) by one notch to bb+ and bb, respectively, reflecting their weakened intrinsic risk profile due to the negative effect of poor asset quality and earnings on their capital position.
14). Answer: E
Public sector Vijaya Bank has bagged the Best Performing Public Sector Bank award for the financial year 2017-2018 from the Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA). The bank has performed well under Atal Pension Yojana. The award was given at the National Atal Pension Yojana Conference held at Delhi.
15). Answer: C
Priority Sector Lending (PSL) is an important role given by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to the banks for providing a specified portion of the bank lending to few specific sectors like agriculture and allied activities, micro and small enterprises, poor people for housing, students for education and other low income groups and weaker sections.
16). Answer: A
Rangit Dam is located in Sikkim.
17). Answer: A
Ashwini Ponnappa Machimanda is an Indian badminton player
18). Answer: A
Nal Sarovar Bird Sanctuary located in Gujarat.
19). Answer: D
The National Army day is observing on January 15.
20). Answer: D
Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport is located in Ahmadabad, Gujarat.
Daily Practice Test Schedule | Good Luck
|Topic||Daily Publishing Time|
|Daily News Papers & Editorials||8.00 AM|
|Current Affairs Quiz||9.00 AM|
|Quantitative Aptitude “20-20”||11.00 AM|
|Vocabulary (Based on The Hindu)||12.00 PM|
|General Awareness “20-20”||1.00 PM|
|English Language “20-20”||2.00 PM|
|Reasoning Puzzles & Seating||4.00 PM|
|Daily Current Affairs Updates||5.00 PM|
|Data Interpretation / Application Sums (Topic Wise)||6.00 PM|
|Reasoning Ability “20-20”||7.00 PM|
|English Language (New Pattern Questions)||8.00 PM|