Dear Aspirants, As we all know the importance of General Awareness section to appear for all the competitive exams. So, IG team has taken majestic step to make you score more in the General Awareness Part. We amalgamated Current affairs, Banking awareness and Static Gk sections to make you score more. The Aspirants can make use of it, to improve score in General awareness part.
Click “Start Quiz” to attend these Questions and view Solutions
1) What is the rank of India in the 2018 Asian Junior Athletics Championships?
2) Which of the following Bank has appointed HR Khan as the non-executive, part time Chairman of the bank?
a) Bank of Baroda
b) Kotak Mahindra Bank
c) Airtel Payments Bank
d) Bandhan Bank
e) ESAF Small Finance Bank
3) Which of the following is the first Indian Airport to get an automated smart facial recognition system?
a) Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport
b) Indira Gandhi International Airport
c) Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport
d) Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose International Airport
e) Lal Bahadur Shastri Airport
4) Which of the following country won the Women’s Asia Cup T20 2018?
c) Sri Lanka
e) New Zealand
5) How much amount has been sanctioned by the government to Himachal Pradesh under the National Disaster Response Fund (NDRF)?
a) Rs 34.13 crore
b) Rs 84.13 crore
c) Rs 54.13 crore
d) Rs 74.13 crore
e) Rs 94.13 crore
6) Who has been appointed as the acting Chairman of the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)?
a) Arvind Maini
b) Arvind Kumar
c) Arvind Singh
d) Arvind Saxena
e) Arvind Modi
7) Which of the following city will establish the India’s first-ever national police museum?
e) New Delhi
8) Which of the following country’s football team has lifted the 2018 Intercontinental Cup football title?
9) Who has won the men’s singles French Open tennis tournament 2018?
a) Roger Federer
b) Andy Murray
c) Novak Djokovic
d) Rafael Nadal
e) Stan Wawrinka
10) David Douglas Duncan has passed away recently. He belongs to which of the following?
11) _______________is the time when a company makes the first offering of the shares to the public
a) Market Selling
b) Open Selling
c) Direct Selling
d) Initial Public Offering
e) None of these
12) In GWP, “W” stands for ____________
e) None of these
13) The Securitization and Reconstruction of Financial Assets and Enforcement of Security Interest Act _________
e) None of these
14) FDI limit in Banking- Private Sector is ___
e) None of these
15) In MICR first 3 digits represent _________
a) City code
b) Bank code
c) Bank branch
d) Service code
e) None of these
16) Where is the headquarters of International Maritime Organization (IMO)?
c) Washington D.C.
17) What is the capital of Bahamas?
18) Neyyar Wildlife Sanctuary is located in which state?
19) Who is the Minister of Drinking Water & Sanitation?
a) Ravi Shankar Prasad
b) Prakash Javadekar
c) Anant Geete
d) Uma Bharti
e) Ananth Kumar
20) What is the currency of Burundi?
1). Answer: a)
India won 5 Gold, two Silver and 10 Bronze to take their medal tally to 17 to gain the third place in the medal table.
2). Answer: d)
The board of directors of the Bandhan Bank has appointed former Reserve Bank of India’s Deputy Governor, Harun Rasid Khan, as the non-executive, part time Chairman of the bank.
3). Answer: e)
The Lal Bahadur Shastri International Airport in Varanasi will soon become India’s first airport to have an automated smart facial recognition system, ensuring hassle-free movement of travellers from entry to boarding points. The system has been developed under Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s ambitious DigiYatra scheme.Varanasi is among three airports – the others being Visakhapatnam and Kolkata – selected under the programme for availing of this facility.
4). Answer: b)
Bangladesh defeated India in a nail-biting final of Asia Cup T20 2018 cricket tournament at the Kinrara Academy Oval in Kuala Lumpur. With the win, Bangladesh became the first side to beat India in an Asia Cup final.Chasing 113, Bangladesh won the match on the last ball when they needed nine runs in the final over, bowled by Indian Captain Harmanpreet Kaur.
5). Answer: b)
The Himachal government led by Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur has received a financial assistance of Rs 84.13 crore from the Ministry of Home Affairs and the Ministry of Finance under the National Disaster Response Fund (NDRF). The quantum of assistance to the state was felt based on the constant rainfall, cloudbursts and landslides leading to severe losses to life, property and crops during the monsoon season in 2017.
6). Answer: d)
Arvind Saxena, a 1978-batch Indian Postal Service officer, has been appointed as the acting Chairman of the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). He will succeed Vinay Mittal, who completes his term on June 19.
7). Answer: e)
India will have its first-ever national police museum as the Central government has decided to establish the unique facility in Lutyens’ Delhi. The museum – depicting the history, art facts, uniforms and gear of central and state police forces – will come up as an underground facility in the premises of the national police memorial in Chanakyapuri area of the national capital.
8). Answer: a)
India’s football national team has lifted the 2018 Intercontinental Cup football title. In the summit clash in Mumbai, they defeated Kenya by 2-0.
9). Answer: d)
Rafael Nadal, a Spanish professional tennis player, claimed his 11th French Open title. In the Men’s singles final in Paris, he defeated Austrian Dominic Thiem in straight sets 6-4 6-3 6-2 to win the title.
10). Answer: a)
Legendary American photojournalist David Douglas Duncan, who was best known for his combat photographs captured during World War II, has died. He was 102.
11). Answer: d)
Initial Public Offering is the time when a company makes the first offering of the shares to the public.
12). Answer: a)
GWP – Gross Written Premium
W – Written
13). Answer: d)
The Securitization and Reconstruction of Financial Assets and Enforcement of Security Interest Act– (SARFASI-2002)
14). Answer: a)
FDI limit in Banking- Private Sector – 74%
15). Answer: a)
In MICR first 3 digits represent city code
16). Answer: a)
The International Maritime Organization (IMO), known as the Inter-Governmental Maritime Consultative Organization (IMCO) until 1982, is a specialized agency of the United Nations responsible for regulating shipping. The headquarters of IMO is at London, United Kingdom.
17). Answer: d)
Nassau is the capital of Bahamas
18). Answer: d)
The Neyyar Wildlife Sanctuary in the southern state of Kerala in India is spread over the southeast corner of the Western Ghats, and covers a total area of 128 km2 (49 sq mi).
19). Answer: d)
Uma Bharti is an Indian politician who currently serves as the Cabinet Minister for Drinking Water and Sanitation in the Union Government of India.
20). Answer: e)
The franc is the currency of Burundi. It is nominally subdivided into 100 centimes, although coins have never been issued in centimes since Burundi began issuing its own currency.