The questions asked in the General Awareness Section of SBI PO Mains Exam has been updated here. General Awareness section comprises of Banking Awareness, Static GK and Current Affairs section. Out of 200 marks, General Awareness section carries 40 marks. Each correct answer will carry one mark. And the negative mark for each wrong answer will be 0.25 marks. The questions asked in the General Awareness of SBI PO Mains examination.
General Awareness Questions asked in SBI PO Mains Exam – 4th August 2018
1) What does ‘N’ stands for NSDF?
Answer: NSDF – The National Skill Development Fund.
2) Which country won Kabaddi Masters Dubai 2018?
Answer: India clinched the Kabaddi Masters Dubai 2018 title after beating Iran 44-26 in the final.
3) How much amount did Finance Minister Arun Jaitley has allocated for Operation Green in his budget speech,?
4) With which country India take part in the tri-service joint military exercise Indra-2018?
5) How much amount government has been allocated to promote micro-irrigation?
Answer: Rs.5000 Cr.
6) How many regional rural banks (RRBs) listing on IPO in stock exchanges?
Answer: Four RRB’s.
7) Who has appointed as first ever Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of RBI?
Answer: Sudha Balakrishnan.
8) Where does Amangarh tiger reserve is located?
Answer: Uttar Pradesh.
9) Which country Andres Iniesta (Football Player) belongs to?
10) Which Small Finance Bank will raise Rs.1,000 crore from Temasek, a global investment company headquartered in Singapore?
Answer: AU Small Finance Bank.
11) Which country has emerged as the top export destination for India?
12) For which sector Small Finance Bank (SFBs) will be required to extend 75% of their adjusted net bank credit (ANBC)?
Answer: priority sector lending.
13) Who heads the committee for multiple asset management companies, asset reconstruction companies, and alternative investment funds can bid for stressed assets under “Project SASHAKT”?
Answer: Punjab National Bank chairman Sunil Mehta.
14) Which bank has launched YONO app?
15) On which date Asteroid Day is an annual global event which is held?
Answer: June 30.
16) What is one of the features of the Payment Bank?
- Like the commercial banks, the payment banks will also accept the money of the people as a deposit but the limit is fixed, that means the payments banks can accept deposits up to a maximum of Rs. 1 lakh from a customer.
- Payments banks; will be entitled to issue ATM or debit card to their customers but cannot issue a credit card.
- Payments banks; will be authorized to open both savings and current accounts of their customers.
- Payments banks cannot provide loans or lending services to the customers.
- Payments banks cannot accept deposits from the Non-Resident Indians (NRIs)
17) Who is Jayant Ganpat Nadkarni?
Answer: Former Navy Admiral.
18) To mark which leader’s 350th birth anniversary Government will come out with a Rs 350 commemorative coin?
Answer: Guru Gobind Singh.
19) How much amount does agriculture department confine farm mechanization to the distribution of only tractors to ‘select farmers’ instead of extending it to all farmers to buy general farm equipment?
Answer: 1 crore for each district.
20) Where does the Numaligarh Refinery is located?
Answer: Numaligarh Refinery is located in Golaghat, Assam.
21) Where did the Global Mobility Summit held?
Answer: New Delhi, by NITI Aayog.
22) In which state Kalidas Samman Award has been instituted?
Answer: Madhya Pradesh.
23) Which bank buys 100% stake in Swadhaar FinServe?
Answer: RBL Bank.
24) How much amount investments did national digital communication policy aimed to attract in the digital communications sector by 2022?
Answer: $100 billion or about Rs 6.5 lakh crore.
25) Where is the first e-waste recycling unit going to set up in India?
26) Who is the head of the committee to upgrade the norms for computation of economic data at states and districts level in the backdrop of plans to revise the base year for National Accounts or Gross Domestic Production (GDP) calculation?
Answer: R H Dholakia.
28) Defence Minister Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman launched the TIES, What does E stands for TIES?
Answer: TIES – Trade Infrastructure for Export Scheme.
29) Which bank has launch has launched the mobile app social pay?
Answer: ICICI Bank.
30) What does H stands for in HDI?
Answer: Human Development Index.
31) On which basis the price of petrol and diesel are changing?
Answer: Daily Basis.
32) RBI recently allowed which bank to open its branches in India?
Answer: Bank of China.
33) What is the purpose for Paramparagat Krishi Yojana?
Answer: to develop Organic Farming.
34) In which state Bedinkhalam Festival is celebrated?
35) Which organization has released South Asia economic focus report?
Answer: World Bank.
36) What is the motif of RBI’s new 50 rupee note?
37) Which body has announced to make it mandatory for all UPI enabled payments firms to have an in-app facility of Bharat QR codes?
38) How many days did the time-bound resolution under Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (IBC) is extended?
Answer: 90 Days.
39) As per May 2018 data, the number of subscribers in Atal pension yojana stands at?
Answer: 1.10 crore.
40) What is N in NSFR?
Answer: Net (Net Stable Funding Ratio).