How to Crack SSC CGL in First Attempt?
Here we have added preparation tips and strategies on how to crack SSC CGL in first attempt. The SSC CGL 2021 notification has released to recruit candidates for Group ‘B’ and Group ‘C’ posts in different
Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations. Many candidates have a question in their mind – “How to crack SSC CGL in first attempt? Is it really possible for the SSC CGL crack in first attempt? The genuine answer is, ‘yes’. Here we have the solution for your query on how to crack SSC CGL in first attempt. Go through the article completely. Follow the preparation strategies and tips given here on how to crack SSC CGL 2021 in first attempt. Definitely, the SSC CGL crack in first attempt is possible with dedicated hard work.
The SSC CGL (Combined Graduate Level) exam is one of the most important competitive exams for the aspirants. Many lakhs of people compete for this exam all over India. The SSC CGL 2021 notification creates a very good number of job opportunities for the candidates. Candidates should use this opportunity well. So refer to the tips here on how to crack SSC CGL in first attempt without coaching.
SSC CGL 2021 Selection Procedure
SSC CGL selection process consists of 4 tiers to select candidates. The 4 stages are available in the table below for your reference. Candidates note the selection process and work hard for all stages as per the tips on how to crack SSC CGL in first attempt.
|Stages of Selection||Type|
|Tier-III||Descriptive Paper (Pen and Paper Mode)|
|Tier-IV||Computer Proficiency Test / Data Entry Skill Test (wherever applicable) / Document Verification|
Know Updated Exam Pattern and Syllabus
For the SSC CGL crack in first attempt, you make note of the updated exam pattern and syllabus. The SSC CGL exam pattern will let you know about the sections, marks, and duration of the exam. By knowing the negative mark schemes and time duration, you can plan your exam strategy after a few mock test practices.
Also, the SSC CGL exam syllabus will help you to know all the topics of each section. So that you can make your convenient study plan. Following the study plan in a strict manner is the basement for your success.
SSC CGL Tier I – Computer Based Test
|Phase I||Subject||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration||Negative Marks|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||50||60 Minutes
|0.50 Marks for Each Wrong Answer|
For this exam, the negative mark is applicable for wrong answers as per the exam pattern. So, follow the tips on how to crack SSC CGL in first attempt. It will make you a perfectionist and you can maintain 100% accuracy after continuous practice.
SSC CGL Tier-II – Computer Based Test
|Phase I||Subject||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration||Negative Marks for Every Wrong Answer|
|Tier II||Paper-I: Quantitative Abilities||100||200||120 Minutes||0.5|
|Paper-II: English Language and Comprehension||200||200||0.25|
|Paper-III: Statistics (Only for Statistical Officer Post)||100||200||0.5|
|Paper-IV: General Studies (Finance and Economics) (Only for Asst Audit Officer &Asst Accounts Officer Posts)||100||200||0.5|
SSC CGL Tier III Pen and Paper Mode Examination
|Tier III||Descriptive Paper in English or Hindi (Writing of Essay/ Precis/ Letter/ Application etc.)||100||60 Minutes|
How to Crack SSC CGL in First Attempt? – Collect Best Study Materials
For each subject, you should select the best study materials. Only then you can prepare in a flow without any confusion. This will give you enough confidence in your full-fledged preparation. Good study material will help you to understand the concepts in a clear manner. It should have a detailed explanation of all the questions.
How to Crack SSC CGL in First Attempt? – Make a Study Plan
Many candidates ask whether it is possible for SSC CGL crack in 2 months. If you want to crack an exam within a very short period, you have to prepare with high intensity. For that make a tight study plan, covering all the topics of the syllabus.
- In your study plan, give sufficient time for each topic. So that you can prepare all the topics thoroughly.
- If you are weak in any subject or topic, allocate more time for preparing those topics.
- Set a goal and finish your study plan on time.
How to Crack SSC CGL in First Attempt? – Practice SSC CGL Mock Test
To crack SSC CGL 2021 in the first attempt, mock test practice is very important. Do SSC CGL mock test practice in the following methods.
- Regular mock test practice is a must to identify your weak zone.
- Rework on your weak topics. In further mock test practices, correct your mistakes, and improve your scores.
- If you are weak in any particular topic or section, take sectional mock tests.
Through the mock test practice, you can improve your speed and flow. Also, you can eliminate your careless mistakes. It also helps to learn time management and question selection techniques. So practice mock tests in a regular manner.
How to Crack SSC CGL in First Attempt? – Practice SSC CGL Previous Year Papers
You should solve more SSC CGL previous year papers. Many candidates are failing even in the tier I exam. The reason is a lack of experience and practice. They ask how to crack SSC CGL 2021 in first attempt? The solution is to practice with more previous year papers. So that you can get an idea to solve the exam with high confidence. You can track the level of the exam and prepare accordingly.
Quantitative Aptitude Preparation Tips:
- For the quantitative aptitude section, learn more shortcuts for the word problems. This will save your time considerably.
- Also, Practice more high-level word problems and DI topics.
- Learn speed calculation techniques. So that, you can work on numbers very fast. It will help you to complete all the problems quickly.
- Memorize all the important formulas that are required to solve the sums.
Reasoning Preparation Tips:
- Practice more difficult puzzles and seating arrangements to increase your confidence level for the reasoning ability section.
- On going through the tips on how to crack SSC CGL in first attempt, it is to be noted that speed and accuracy are very important. For that, you should be able to solve the easier questions at high speed. For example, you should be very strong in syllogism, blood relation, etc. For that cover the basics ina thorough manner.
- Attend the time-consuming puzzles at last after completing the easier topics.
General Awareness Preparation Tips:
- For the general awareness section read daily current affairs, static GK capsules, important days, etc. This section is your key to score more marks. So make yourself strong in this section.
- Make study notes and mark all the important points in your preparation. Use it for the final revision.
- Attend online quizzes and test your memory level.
English Preparation Tips:
- Read daily newspapers and improve your vocabulary skills.
- In this section with good practice, you can score decent marks in less time.
- Also, improve your grammar skills to score easily in this section. Grammar is the base for all the topics in this section.
Here we have added some important FAQs for your reference. It will help you to know how to crack SSC CGL in first attempt.
Q: What are good quantitative aptitude study materials for SSC CGL preparation?
A: Arihant’s Fast Track Objective Arithmetic, Quantitative aptitude by RS Aggarwal, NCERT books for Maths (Class 9th to Class 12th) are some good sources.
Q: What are the best reasoning study materials for SSC CGL crack in first attempt?
A: Kiran’s SSC Reasoning, Reasoning by RS Aggarwal, A New Approach to REASONING Verbal & Non-Verbal by Arihant are the best choices.
Q: What are better English books for SSC CGL crack in first attempt?
A: You can prepare with Objective General English by SP Bakshi (Arihant) and Quick Learning Objective General English by RS Aggarwal & Vikas Aggarwal.
Q: How to develop my English Knowledge to score good marks in SSC CGL exam?
A: Read newspapers regularly. It is enough to learn new words and build your vocabulary skills. Also, read school-grade books to learn basic grammar.
Q: How many stages are there in SSC CGL recruitment?
A: The are totally 4 stages in SSC CGL recruitment.