Preparation tips and strategies for SSC CGL 2018 Tier 1 Exam. SSC CGL is one of the most important exam among graduates. The competition is very high, so aspirants have to prepare wisely to crack SSC CGL exam. Candidates check the complete study plan and preparation methodology for SSC CGL Exam. SSC CGL Exam preparation tips.
How to Prepare for SSC CGL 2018?
The battle is going be the toughest because the prominent candidates from all over India are participating. So to train you as the best warrior we will provide you the guidelines. Our experts are 24X7 ready to help you through the preparation strategies. This article “How to prepare for SSC CGL Examination” will provide you step by step guidance in each sections namely Reasoning, General Awareness, Aptitude & English Language of the SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam.
SSC CGL Mock Test Package – 25 Test Series Available
Exam Pattern – SSC CGL 2018 Tier 1 Exam
General Intelligence & Reasoning
- Time duration for SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam is 60 minutes.
- There is no sectional time limit, so utilize the time efficiently.
- 5 marks will be detected for each wrong answer.
The tips and strategies were provided for individual sections to prepare for SSC CGL exam. The candidates have to be clear with the updated syllabus before switching to the preparation strategies.
Note: Start preparing time table after reading “How to prepare for SSC CGL Exam” article.
General Intelligence & Reasoning (not more than 20 minutes)
- Reasoning is the best scoring section than all other section.
- Always choose Puzzles, analogy, coding-decoding, series and figure-based questions in the order to utilize the time efficiently in reasoning section.
- Allot 20 minutes for this reasoning section.
- Try to attempt 18-22 questions to get the best scores.
General Awareness (not more than 15 minutes)
General awareness (GA) is the section which does not require any logical solving techniques. If you start preparing for this section right now, then it will be easiest one than all other section. The time you are saving in this section can be utilized in the Quantitative Aptitude.
Topics Covered Under General Awareness
- Current Affairs: Go through the important events from recent months. Also, take the Daily/Weekly/Monthly Quizzes provided on our website.
- Static GK: Dams, Chief Ministers, Governors, Country capitals, state capitals, festivals, reservoirs, etc. the GK that never change comes under this section.
- GK: Science, Politics, History, Geography, Economy and Miscellaneous, prepare in this order to improve your General Knowledge. Download the study materials we are providing and take up the quizzes.
Quantitative Aptitude (25 minutes)
Quantitative aptitude is the most difficult and time-consuming part of the examination. Only the perfect practice will help you to score in this part. So, utilise the time and dedicate your calculative work on the areas of quant section. Begin your preparation with the topics such as percentage, profit & loss, ratio & proportion, speed distance & time, boat & stream, data interpretation etc. Simplification, interest, percentages, ratio and proportion and age-problems are easy scoring part if you are clear with the concepts. Profit and loss, number series, mensuration, number systems, speed and distance, etc. are easy but take more time to solve.
- By heart the important formulas.
- Be clear with the concepts.
- Remember the short-cuts and tricks in each topic.
- Download the previous year question papers and prepare with it.
- Take up the quizzes that are provide on our website with solutions to fix your mistakes on the spot.
- Take up mock tests, in which the questions are at the exact level of the official examination.
English Language (not more than 10 minutes)
The three topics concentrated in the English language section are vocabulary, grammar and comprehension. Read newspapers daily to increase your proficiency in vocabulary. If you are good in English then grammar is the simplest section. Error Spotting, Phrase Replacement and Fill in the Blanks come under the grammar section. It is important to have proper communication in English every time to score the best in this section. For comprehensions the answers are in the comprehension itself, if you are clear in reading you can score the complete marks.
Preparing English Language for SSC CGL
- Read more books, newspapers and find out the meaning for the new words you come across and try to reuse it in the sentences.
- Check the synonyms and also the antonyms of those words.
- Find the different words used on regular day to day activities.
- Work on at least 5-10 comprehensions daily.
Note: Follow the preparation strategy to score the best among the millions of candidates. Reading newspapers will help you in two aspects, one is to increase your speed in reading and also to know the current affairs. Take up regular tests to validate your preparation standard. All the best for all the candidates to get placed in your dream jobs.