IBPS has released the notification for the recruitment of candidates at clerical cadre. The IBPS clerk prelims 2020 will be conducted on 5th, 12th, 13th, and 19th December 2020. The mains exam for the IBPS clerk 2020 will be held on 24th January 2021. In this article, we are providing you with a strategy to score 25+ marks in English in IBPS clerk prelims 2020 along with the exam pattern and important dates.
IBPS Clerk 2020: Important dates
|1.||IBPS Clerk notification release date||01-07-2020|
|2.||IBPS Clerk Extended Registration Start Date||23.10.2020|
|3.||IBPS Clerk Extended Registration End Date||6.11.2020|
|4.||Payment of Application Fees/Intimation Charges (Online)||23.10.2020 to 6.11.2020|
|5.||IBPS Clerk online pre-exam training||23.11.2020 to 28.11.2020|
|6.||Online Examination – Preliminary||05.12.2020, 12.12.2020 and 13.12.2020|
|7.||The download of call letters for Online examination – Preliminary||18.11.2020|
|8.||Result of Prelims exam||31.12.2020|
|9.||The download of call letter for online exam Main||12.01.2021|
|10.||Conduct of online examination main||24-01-2021|
|11.||Declaration of Final result||01-04-2021|
IBPS Clerk 2020: Exam Pattern
The IBPS clerk examination is conducted in two phases:
- Preliminary test
- Mains test
Exam Pattern for IBPS Clerk Prelims 2020
|1.||English Language||30||30||20 mins|
|2.||Numerical Aptitude||35||35||20 mins|
|3.||Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 mins|
IBPS Clerk Mains Exam Pattern 2020
|1.||English Language||40||40||35 mins|
|2.||Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||45 mins|
|3.||Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude||50||60||45 mins|
|4..||General Awareness||50||50||35 mins|
IBPS Clerk 2020: English Language
The English language section is common to both the preliminary and mains phase of the IBPS clerk. Due to the sectional timings and lack of strategy, many candidates find it difficult to score well in the English language section. Here we are providing you with expert-curated tips to ace the English in IBPS clerk prelims 2020 along with the syllabus.
Syllabus for the English Language
- Sentence Correction
- Reading comprehension
- Cloze test
- Spot the error
- Para jumbles
- Phrase replacement
- Fill in the blanks
- Word usage
How to Score 25+ in English in IBPS Clerk Prelims 2020
Preparation tips for the English Language
Given below is the preparation strategy by experts on ways to score 25+ marks in the English section in IBPS Clerk Prelims 2020:
- Most of the candidates do not pay equal emphasis on the English section as compared to quantitative aptitude and reasoning ability.
- Without proper understanding and practice, it seems impossible to score 25+ marks.
- After properly understanding the syllabus start your preparation by analyzing the previous year’s question papers.
- Divide the topics of the syllabus into three sections i.e. grammar, reading comprehension, and vocabulary.
- Attempt mock tests to improve your speed and accuracy.
- After analysis of your weak points, practice through sectional and topic tests.
- For the reading comprehension part, read editorials from newspapers and magazines.
- Learn 8-10 words daily to improve the vocabulary section. Relating the words with the sentences or tricks will help you remember them easily.
- Download the English language study material from Guidely’s official website.
- Follow our free youtube classes to gain a better perspective of the English language for IBPS clerk 2020.
All the Best for IBPS Clerk 2020!!