IBPS Clerk 2018 FAQ’S – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for IBPS
Dear Aspirants, we all knew that IBPS has recently announced the Official Notification for the Recruitment of Clerical Cadre for the year 2018-19. This is one of the most expected notifications of this year, and 19 Public Sector Banks are participating which holding total vacancies of 7275. Here we have given the list of Most Frequently Asked Questions on IBPS Clerk 2018 Official Notification, Aspirants those who are preparing for the exams can make use of it
1) What is the Start and End Date for Online Registration of IBPS Clerk-VIII Recruitment?
|Online Registration Starts on||18.09.2018|
|Online Registration Ends on||10.10.2018|
2) What is the Application Fee/Intimation Charge?
|For SC/ST/PWD/EXSM candidates||Rs. 100/-|
|For all others||Rs. 600/-|
3) What is the mode of payment for IBPS Clerk Exam?
Candidates have the option of making the payment of requisite fees/ intimation charges through the ONLINE mode only.
4) When will be the exam conducted (Tentative Dates)?
|Preliminary Exam||08.12.2018, 09.12.2018,
15.12.2018 & 16.12.2018
5) When will be the exam result declared (Tentative Dates)?
|Preliminary Exam Result||December 2018/ January 2019|
|Mains Exam Result (Final Result)||April 2019|
6) When the exam call letter can be downloaded (Tentative Dates)?
|For Preliminary Exam||November 2018|
|For Mains Exam||January 2019|
7) Are there any changes in IBPS Clerk-VIII Exam Pattern?
Yes, this year IBPS has introduced sectional timing in IBPS Clerk-VIII Prelims Exam as like SBI.
8) Will there be any Interview/Group Discussion round after the mains exam?
- No, there will be no Interview or GD round for IBPS Clerk Recruitment.
- A Language Proficiency Test will be conducted by the participating bank to check the regional language knowledge of the candidate.
9) Is the IBPS Clerk-VIII Recruitment an online or offline exam?
IBPS Clerk will be conducted in Online (Both Preliminary and Mains exam).
10) Is the exam Bilingual?
The tests except for the Test of English Language will be available in Bilingual (Both English and Hindi).
11) How many times can I appear for this IBPS Clerk Exam?
There is no restriction related to the number of attempts in IBPS Clerk Recruitment. A candidate (all categories) can appear for any number of times in the exam.
12) What is the education qualification for IBPS Clerk-VIII?
- A Degree (Graduation) in any discipline from a University recognised by the Government of India or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government.
- The candidate must possess valid Mark-sheet / Degree Certificate that he/ she is a graduate on the day he / she registers and indicate the percentage of marks obtained in Graduation while registering online.
- Computer Literacy: Operating and working knowledge in computer systems is mandatory i.e. candidates should have Certificate/Diploma/Degree in computer operations/Language/ should have studied Computer / Information Technology as one of the subjects in the High School/College/Institute.
- Proficiency in the Official Language of the State/UT (candidates should know how to read/ write and speak the Official Language of the State/UT) for which vacancies a candidate wishes to apply is preferable.
13) I am in final year of my graduation, am I eligible to apply for this recruitment?
All the educational qualifications mentioned should be from a University/ Institution/ Board recognised by Govt. Of India/ approved by Govt. Regulatory Bodies and the final result should have been declared on or before 10.10.2018.
14) Is there any percentage criterion in IBPS Clerk-VIII Recruitment?
- No, there is no percentage criteria defined by IBPS for this recruitment. A candidate needs to be a just graduate to be eligible to apply for this exam.
- Candidate should indicate the percentage obtained in Graduation calculated to the nearest two decimals in the online application. Where CGPA / OGPA are awarded, the same should be converted into percentage and indicated in online application.
15) How to Calculate the Percentage?
- Calculation of Percentage: The percentage marks shall be arrived at by dividing the total marks obtained by the candidate in all the subjects in all semester(s)/year(s) by aggregate maximum marks (in all the subjects irrespective of honours / optional / additional optional subject, if any) multiplied by 100. This will be applicable for those Universities also where Class / Grade is decided on basis of Honours marks only.
- The fraction of percentage so arrived will be ignored i.e. 59.99% will be treated as less than 60% and 54.99% will be treated as less than 55%.
16) What are the age eligibility criteria to apply for IBPS Clerk Exam?
- Minimum: 20 years Maximum: 28 years
- A candidate must have been born not earlier than 02.09.1990 and not later than 01.09.1998 (both dates inclusive).
- For SC Category – There is a relaxation of up to maximum of five years in upper age limit.
- For OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) Category – There is a relaxation of up to maximum of three years in upper age limit.
17) What are the documents need to be uploaded while applying for the IBPS Clerk-VIII Exam?
|S. No.||List of Documents||Important Points||Size of File||Dimensions||File Type|
|1.||Photograph||Photograph must be a recent passport style colour picture.
Make sure that the picture is in colour, taken against a light-coloured, preferably white background.
|20kb – 50kb||200 x 230 pixels||
jpg / jpeg
|2.||Signature||The applicant has to sign on white paper with Black Ink Pen.||10kb – 20kb||140 x 60 pixels|
|3.||Left Thumb Impression||The applicant has to put his left thumb impression on a white paper with black or blue ink.||20kb – 50kb||240 x 240 pixels|
|4.||Hand Written Declaration||The applicant has to write the declaration in English clearly on a white paper with black ink.||50kb – 100kb||800 x 400 pixels|
- The signature, left thumb impression and the hand written declaration should be of the applicant and not by any other person.
- If the Applicant’s signature on the attendance sheet or Call letter, signed at the time of the examination, does not match the signature uploaded, the applicant will be disqualified.
- The left thumb impression should be properly scanned and not smudged.
- Signature / Hand written declaration in CAPITAL LETTERS shall NOT be accepted.
18) What is the text for the hand written declaration?
“I, _______ (Name of the candidate), hereby declare that all the information submitted by me in the application form is correct, true and valid. I will present the supporting documents as and when required.”
19) What is the Selection Process for IBPS Clerk exam?
The selection process for IBPS Clerk-VIII is divided into two phases:
20) What is the Preliminary Exam Pattern of IBPS Clerk-VIII?
|S. No.||Section||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1.||English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|2.||Numerical Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|3.||Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|Total||100||100||1 hour (60 minutes)|
21) What is the Mains Exam Pattern of IBPS Clerk-VIII?
|S. No.||Section||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1.||General/ Financial Awareness||50||50||35 minutes|
|2.||General English||40||40||35 minutes|
|3.||Reasoning Ability &
|4.||Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||45 minutes|
|Total||190||200||2 1/2 hours (160 minutes)|
22) Is there any Penalty for Wrong Answers?
- There will be penalty for wrong answers marked in the Objective Tests (Applicable to both – Preliminary and Main examination).
- For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate one fourth or 0.25 of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty to arrive at corrected score.
- If a question is left blank (i.e. no answer is marked by the candidate) there will be no penalty for that question.
23) Is there any cut-off in the exam?
Yes, there is a sectional and overall cut-off in both Preliminary and Mains Exam. Candidates have to qualify in each of the tests by securing cut-off marks to be decided by IBPS. Adequate number of candidates in each category as decided by IBPS depending upon requirements will be shortlisted for Online Main examination and also for Provisional Allotment.
24) What is the salary structure of IBPS Clerk-VIII Recruitment?
IBPS Clerk Salary and Perks: The basic pay of an IBPS Clerk is Rs. 11765/- per month, in the scale of Rs. 11765-655/3-13730-815/3-16175980/4-20095-1145/7-28110-2120/1-30230-1310/1-31540. In addition to this, IBPS Clerks are also entitled to other special pay and allowances.
25) How many vacancies are announced for IBPS Clerk Exam?
IBPS has released the notification for total 7275 vacancies. The complete break up of State-wise vacancies is listed in the following table:
|1.||Andaman & Nicobar||0|
|8.||Dadra & Nagar Haveli||3|
|9.||Daman & Diu||1|
|15.||Jammu & Kashmir||61|
26) Will the vacancies be increased for this recruitment?
Yes, the vacancies are expected to increase and a few participating banks have not yet declared their vacancies for IBPS Clerk Recruitment. Candidates can expect the number of vacancies to go up.
27) Which Test Series is good for IBPS Clerk Exam?
IBPS Guide is providing the Test Series as per the latest and updated pattern for every bank exam. Purchase our IBPS Clerk Test series for attaining your dream career.
28) How should I prepare for the IBPS Clerk-VIII Exam if I have a 9 to 10 hour job?
You can crack IBPS Clerk 2018 by following daily quizzes and video classes of IBPS Guide after your working hours.
29) Is it possible to crack IBPS Clerk exam in my first attempt?
Yes, you can crack the clerk exam in first attempt. It is all about hard work and dedication towards your exam preparation. Follow the quiz section of IBPS Guide for IBPS Clerk to enhance the level of your preparation in the best manner.
30) What should be my daily routine for IBPS Clerk-VIII Exam when I am starting my exam preparation now?
Begin your preparation from today and follow IBPS Guide’s daily quizzes for IBPS Clerk and also some important tips to crack IBPS Clerk exam successfully.