IBPS Clerk Mains Exam 2018-19 is scheduled to be held on 20th of January. With a number of countable hours left, here are a few last minute tips for IBPS Clerk Mains Exam that will help you to do the best of your capacity in the exam.
No matter how much effort you have put in all through the year, if you lose your peace of mind in the end, it will all amount to nil. Therefore, make use of these last-minute tips to score well in the IBPS Clerk Mains exam.
Take a quick look at the Exam Pattern:
|S. NO||Name of tests|
(Not by sequence)
|Number of questions||Maximum marks||Time allotted for each test|
|1.||General/ Financial Awareness||50||50||35 minutes|
|2.||General English||40||40||35 minutes|
|3.||Reasoning Ability and Computer Aptitude||50||60||45 minutes|
|4.||Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||45 minutes|
|Total||190||200 marks||160 minutes|
Strategy for all sections:
General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness
This section plays a vital role in your selection as it comprises with direct questions. If you are aware of the last 6-9 months of current affairs, then you will be able to crack this section easily. You have to revise the current affairs regularly as you cannot master it in a single day. It is also important that you should know all general banking terminologies with recent bank policies, rates, chairman and CEO of the banks of India.
Students who put some good efforts can score well in this section. If you read the newspapers and magazines as of your preparation started, it is assured that you could build a strong vocabulary in English. Revise the grammar basics and new vocabulary words that you have noted down. Aspirants should attempt the questions with utmost accuracy and avoid guessing answers.
Reasoning & Computer Aptitude
During Exam, try to begin with questions where you are more confident and also less time-to consume. It helps you to save a lot of time and boost up your confidence. Solve the puzzles carefully so you will be able to attempt the questions with more accuracy. For Computer Aptitude section, revise the computer basics and be prepared with ideas of networking basics, keyboard shortcuts, and ideas of flowcharts.
Data Analysis & Interpretation
This is the section which takes more time as the questions might be moderate or tough. If you are able to understand the problem, you can solve it in less time and more accuracy. This is the section which needs a lot of practice. To score more marks, you should have the ability to solve the questions with more accuracy and speed. Try to be precise without making guesses.
General Useful Tips:
- Revision plays a vital role in augmenting your scores in IBPS Clerk Mains Exam. It is prudent that don’t pick any new topic during the time of revision.
- If you have noted down your mistakes all through the preparation, kindly go through it once as it alerts you to avoid it during the exam.
- Don’t study all night. Good sleep and health are essential during your revision time.
- If you are not absolutely sure about any answer, try to skip that question. Keep in mind on negative marking and don’t make any wild guesses as it lessens your scores.
- It is relentlessly better to attempt 80% of questions with full accuracy than attempting the entire paper with average accuracy.
- We hope that the above last minute tips will be helpful and important for your achievement. We wish you all the very best for your IBPS Clerk Mains Exam.
Kindly do follow the instructions we are providing to avoid any annoying situations which would spoil your mood.
- Check your examination essentials and stationeries before leaving your home.
- It is preferable to have two copies of hall tickets and other stationeries.
- Make sure you have taken your supporting original ID proof and passport sized photographs.
- In the final minute never be in hurry to check out any new concepts or shortcuts, get along with what you have done so long.
- Reach the examination centre before 20 – 30 minutes, even if the exam centre was nearer to you.
- If it is too long to try to make a plan to reach the exam centre at least before an hour, only then you be there on time.
- Stay calm don’t talk too much and waste your energy, avoid drinking more water and never skip your breakfast.
- Find your respective place, ensure with your registration number once again and organize with all your required materials.
- Listen carefully to the instructions provided by the invigilator.
- You have half done to reach your destiny, don’t miss this excellent opportunity. It is not going to be the same or easy to reach the destination again.
- Think of the joy you lost so far and the joy which is going to come to you, exhibit the best in you. Once again we wish you all a grand success.