Dear Readers, Bank Exam Race for the Year 2018 is already started, To enrich your preparation here we have providing new series of Practice Questions on English language – Section. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS Clerk Prelims 2018 Exams can practice these questions daily and make your preparation effective.[WpProQuiz 4342]
Direction (1-5): In each of the questions given below a sentence is given which is then divided into five parts out of which one bold part is correct. There are no errors in three out of four remaining parts and therefore only one of the parts other than the bold one is incorrect. You must choose the grammatically incorrect part as your answer. Choose e if you find out there is no error.
1) By 1946, the Indian military was a a)/potent enough force that the prospect of b)/its rebellion, triggered by a Royal Indian Naval c)/Mutiny that year, was a major contributor d)/to the British decision to fold e)/
e) No error
2) Tensions between central banks and finance ministries a)/ are neither new nor unique to India b)/, such tensions oftenly arise between the finance c)/ministries and central banks in advanced d)/economies as well as emerging market economies e)/
e) No error
3) While the ambition behind and success a)/to date of the Swachh Bharat mission b)/are laudable, it is in risk of unravelling c)/unless it can ensure that India d)/remains permanently open defecation free e)/
e) No error
4) Research suggests that people tend to stick a)/to their existing habits for tasks performed b)/ and so people rather than focusing on c)/changing habits, look to cultivate d)/existing one into a more positive outcome e)/
e) No error
5) MoF now wants to discuss a a)/proper framework for establishing the b)/RBI’s capital base, the requirements for c)/provisioning, and hence the surplus d)/too be transferred to the government e)/
e) No error
Direction (6-10): In a passage given below there are five blanks, Every blank has four alternative words given in options (a), (b), (c) and (d). You have to tell which pair of word will best suit to the respective blank.
OPEC’s sudden change in its supply _________, (6) oil surprisingly continued its longest losing _________ (7) on record, perhaps owing to expectations that the production cut would not raise prices significantly. In fact, technically speaking the oil market is yet to break its short-term downtrend that began after the fall from its peak in October. Oil prices were down on Tuesday as well. This price action suggests that markets could probably still be worried about the risks of any kind of ___________ (8) rise in oil prices. For one, strong U.S. opposition to higher oil prices could be making investors feel jittery. Mr. Trump’s tweet on Monday, for instance, __________ (9) the ___________ (10) influence of OPEC’s announcement almost immediately. The increasing output of shale is another significant threat to oil prices. The U.S. Energy Information Administration last week predicted that American crude output would increase at a higher pace than expected and lead to lower prices next year. This is not at all surprising because U.S. shale producers have traditionally increased their output in response to higher oil prices. Also, producers like Russia have been non-committal on any significant production cut. Any slowdown in global economic growth is another risk factor that may weigh down oil
1) Answer: b)
In part c in place of a it should be the
2) Answer: a)
In part c in place of oftenly it should be often
3) Answer: b)
In part c in place of in it should be at
4) Answer: a)
In part e in place of one it should be ones
5) Answer: d)
In part e in place of too it should be to
6) Answer: d)
The meaning of “outlook” is “a point of view”. Hence, both outlook and perspective are correct.
7) Answer: b)
The meaning of “streak” is “a trait of a specified kind in something”. Hence, both streak and trace are correct.
8) Answer: a)
The meaning of “sustained” is “to support or foster”. Hence, both sustained and prolonged are correct.
9) Answer: b)
The meaning of “negated” is “to disallow”. Hence, both negated and rebutted are correct.
10) Answer: e)
The meaning of “bullish” is “hard-hitting”. Hence, both bullish and compelling are correct.
Daily Practice Test Schedule | Good Luck
|Topic||Daily Publishing Time|
|Daily News Papers & Editorials||8.00 AM|
|Current Affairs Quiz||9.00 AM|
|Current Affairs Quiz (Hindi)||9.30 AM|
|IBPS Clerk Prelims – Reasoning||10.00 AM|
|IBPS Clerk Prelims – Reasoning (Hindi)||10.30 AM|
|IBPS Clerk Prelims – Quantitative Aptitude||11.00 AM|
|IBPS Clerk Prelims – Quantitative Aptitude (Hindi)||11.30 AM|
|Vocabulary (Based on The Hindu)||12.00 PM|
|IBPS Clerk Prelims – English Language||1.00 PM|
|SSC Practice Questions (Reasoning/Quantitative aptitude)||2.00 PM|
|IBPS Clerk – GK Questions||3.00 PM|
|SSC Practice Questions (English/General Knowledge)||4.00 PM|
|Daily Current Affairs Updates||5.00 PM|
|Canara Bank PO Mains – Reasoning||6.00 PM|
|Canara Bank PO Mains – Quantitative Aptitude||7.00 PM|
|Canara Bank PO Mains – English Language||8.00 PM|