IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam
IBPS Clerk 2019 exam notification is yet to release. As per the IBPS calendar, the clerk prelims exams are o be held on the dates 7th, 8th, 14th &15th of December 2019. Also, the IBPS clerk mains exam is scheduled on the 19th of January 2020. The IBPS clerk recruitment has two stages namely prelims and mains. The IBPS Clerk prelims exam is the gateway to the mains exam. You have to clear both sectional cut off and the overall cut off for the IBPS clerk prelims exam. only then you are eligible to take the mains exam.
Every year the level of competition is getting higher and higher. So even for clearing the IBPS clerk prelims exam which is easier than the mains exam, you have to work hard. For the prelims exam, you have to plan the best exam strategy to attend a maximum possible number of questions. Also with the maximum number of attempts, you have to maintain at least a 90% of accuracy rate to avoid the effect of negative marking.
IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam Dates 2019
The official dates of IBPS clerk prelims and mains exams have been already announced. Since the official notification is yet to release, you have to wait to know the other important dates.
|Start Of Online Application||To be announced|
|End Of Online Application||To be announced|
|Download of call letters for Pre- Exam Training||To be announced|
|Conduct of Pre-Exam Training||To be announced|
|Download of call letters for Online examination – Preliminary||To be announced|
|Preliminary Exam Dates||7th, 8th, 14th & 15th of December 2019|
IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam Pattern
In the IBPS clerk prelims exam you need not attend the full 100 questions. Also, it is almost impossible to attend all the questions. So here you must plan your strategy well before the exam. You should know the clear exam pattern so that you can plan according to your strong and weak zones. Only if you clear the prelims cut off you can take the final mains exam.
- There are three sections in this exam namely the English language, reasoning ability, and quantitative aptitude.
- The number of questions in the English language is 30. Also, both the reasoning ability and quantitative aptitude sections will have 35 questions each.
- Each section will have a separate timing of 20 minutes each. So you can o to the next section only after a section gets completed.
- There are a total of 100 questions. Each correct answer will fetch 1 mark.
- If you mark a wrong answer, 0.25 marks will be deducted as penalty. So avoid fluke works in the exam.
- The total time given for the exam is 60 minutes.
|S.No.||Name of Tests(Objective||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1||English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|2||Numerical Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|3||Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam Syllabus 2019
We are providing the complete syllabus for the prelims exam here. This syllabus is the updated one covering all the topics. So it will be useful for you to prepare the study plan in an effective manner.
English Language Syllabus
|Reading Comprehension||Cloze Test|
|Fill in the blanks||Multiple meaning/Error spotting|
|Paragraph completion||Verbal Ability|
Reasoning Ability Syllabus
|Coding and Decoding||Alpha- Numeric Series|
|Coded Inequalities||Puzzle and eating Arrangement|
|Blood Relations||Input and Output|
|Syllogism||Order and Ranking|
Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus
|Simplification||Profit and Loss|
|Mixtures and Allegations||Simple, Compound Interest, Surds and Indices|
|Work and Time||Time and Distance|
|Mensuration-Cylinder, Cone, Sphere||Data Interpretation|
|Ratio and Proportion, Percentage||Number Systems|
|Sequence and Series||Permutation, Combination, and Probability|
Preparation Tips & Strategies for IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam:
Follow your study plan properly and complete the syllabus well before the exam. Don’t leave out any topic in your preparations. Here we are providing some tips and strategies for each subject of the exam. It will be useful for you to score more marks in the IBPS clerk prelims exam.
- To solve the problems quickly learn more fast calculation tricks. Also for each topic learn the shortcut methods and practice it regularly. By continuous practice, you can attempt more questions in less time.
- With the help of sectional mock tests concentrate on your weak topics. Take your time to learn the tough topics such as pipes & cisterns, time & work, etc.
- IBPS clerk prelims mock tests on our site will increase your speed and accuracy. It will be helpful for doing problems on simplification, approximation, etc in the exam.
- The level of the exam will be mostly of easy to moderate. So first, attempt the topics that fetch you the marks quickly. Also, you should correctly skip the time-consuming questions. These smart works will help you to attend maximum questions in minimum possible time.
- Practice more easy level and moderate level of questions on topics like syllogism, inequality, etc for the prelims exams.
- Attend daily tests and assess your scores regularly. This will improve your reasoning skills as you practice a variety of questions daily.
- This section is the most favorite for many candidates, as it is easy to score. So you should also work hard to attend maximum questions with a good accuracy rate.
- Solve more puzzles with the online test series. It will help you to get accuracy in solving puzzles. In exams attend the puzzles at last if you feel it harder.
- Read daily newspapers and develop your vocabulary skills which is very important for synonyms and antonyms.
- Learn all the basic rules of grammar to score well in the topis like fillers, cloze test, error spotting, etc. If you are strong enough in grammar you can score maximum marks in this section.
- Practice more reading comprehension and jumbled sentences with our clerk mock test series.
Attempt more IBPS clerk prelims mock tests on our site. With the help of mock tests, your capacity will increase to attempt more number of questions in the exam. Also with the help of detailed solutions, You can clarify your doubts for the question you made mistakes. So practice more prelims mock tests to improve your standard.
/ 5. Reviews