How To Prepare English For IBPS PO 2020? Many candidates have this question in their mind while they start their Bank PO exam preparation. As the IBPS PO 2020 notification has been released, the question must arise once again. Here we have added some useful tips and strategies to help you get the right answer to the question and listed the best ways to prepare English effectively for the IBPS PO 2020 exam.
The IBPS PO 2020 recruitment has announced a total of 1167 vacancies. The Prelims exam will begin on 3rd October 2020. You can check the category-wise IBPS PO 2020 vacancy in the official notification to understand the level of competition. As this is a national level competition, candidates have to work very hard for all sections. The English language section especially needs dedicated preparation. Only then you can score high marks in the competition. To prepare English for IBPS PO 2020 prelims and mains exams, we have added some essential tips and strategies crafted by our subject matter experts. Use these tips and strategies to improve your English score in the Bank PO exam.
Best Tips Prepare English For IBPS PO 2020
Weightage of English In IBPS PO 2020
The IBPS PO selection stages contain the Prelims exam, mains exam, and interview. Candidates should focus on How To Prepare for English in IBPS PO 2020 exam. Because this section has a good weightage in both prelims and mains exams. Also, the majority of the students struggle to score good marks in this section. So if you take advantage of this section, then you can lead other competitors by a high score. Here we have added the IBPS PO 2020 exam pattern for both prelims and mains stages.
IBPS PO 2020 Online Application Re-opened
IBPS PO( CRP- PO/MT-X) Application Form have been Re-opened by IBPS for candidates how were not able fill their Online Application.
It has been decided by the competent authorities to hold an additional cycle of Online
Preliminary Examinations under CRP- PO/MT-X for the post of Probationary Officer/
Management Trainee by releasing this Supplementary Advertisement in continuation
to the detailed advertisement dated 04.08.2020. This process is only for the following
categories of applicants.
- Who attained the eligibility in terms of educational qualifications by 11.11.2020.
- Who could not register successfully from 05.08.2020 to 26.08.2020.
|Exam Event||Tentative Dates|
|On-line registration including
Edit/Modification of Application & Payment
of Application Fees/Intimation Charges
|28.10.2020 to 11.11.2020|
|Online Examination – Preliminary||05.01.2021 and 06.01.2021|
Call Letter download will be made available about 10 days before exam date
All those who had applied successfully during the registration window for CRP PO/MT-X
from 05.08.2020 to 26.08.2020 and were called for the Online Preliminary Examination
during October 2020 should NOT apply for that post.
The last date of eligibility, in terms of educational qualifications is changed to 11.11.2020. For other terms and conditions, candidates are requested to refer the Detailed Advertisement of CRP PO/MT-X dated 04.08.2020. Revised Vacancies as received unto 26.10.2020 have been updated in the detailed advertisement on IBPS authorised website.
IBPS PO Vacancy 2020-21: Updated Vacancies
This year IBPS PO Vacancy released are 3517. Canara Bank is the latest Bank to increase Vacancies. The total vacancy of IBPS PO 2020-21 is now out and we have listed the bank-wise vacancy details for you below. The number of vacancies plays a major role in the cut off declaration. Check the vacancy list in the table below. Here you can also know the category-wise vacancy for each bank.
- Number of Vacancies for this year: 3517 (Updated)
Participating Organization SC ST OBC EWS UR Total Out of Which (PWBD) HI OC VI ID Bank of Baroda 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 Bank of India 110 55 198 74 297 734 8 7 7 7 Bank of Maharashtra 37 18 67 25 103 250 NR NR NR NR Canara Bank 315 157 567 210 851 2100 21 21 21 21 Central Bank of India 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 Indian Bank NR NR NR NR NR NR NR NR NR NR Indian Overseas Bank 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 Punjab National Bank NR NR NR NR NR NR NR NR NR NR Punjab & Sind Bank 14 6 21 8 34 83 0 0 0 0 UCO Bank 53 26 14 35 141 350 7 4 4 29 Union Bank of India NR NR NR NR NR NR NR NR NR NR
|IBPS PO Prelims Exam Pattern|
|Section||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|Quantitative aptitude||35||35||20 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|IBPS PO Mains Exam Pattern|
|Section||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|Reasoning & computer aptitude||45||60||60 minutes|
|English Language||35||40||40 minutes|
|Data interpretation & analysis||35||60||45 minutes|
|General economy & banking awareness||40||40||35 minutes|
|Descriptive test (Letter writing & Essay)||2||25||30 minutes|
- Weightage of English in IBPS PO prelims – 30% (30 marks out of 100).
- Weightage of English in IBPS PO mains – Nearly 30% (adding descriptive test, the English section covers 65 marks out of the total 225).
So, it is very essential to prepare English with dedication for the IBPS PO 2020 exam.
Get More – IBPS PO Eligibility
Most Recommended IBPS PO English Books
- Word Power Made Easy by Normal Lewis
- Objective English for Competitive Examinations by Hari Mohan Prasad, Uma Rani Sinha, Mcgraw Hill Education Publication
- English Grammar & Composition by Wren and Martin
- Descriptive General English by S P Bakshi and Richa Sharma
How to Crack English in IBPS PO 2020?
First, check the topics under the English section of the IBPS PO 2020 syllabus. Then you can allot time for the daily preparation of all the topics. Check previous year question papers and practice IBPS PO mock tests regularly. So that you can be aware of the new pattern questions in the English section. The topics that you should prepare for the English language section of IBPS PO 2020 exam include,
- Reading Comprehension
- Cloze Test
- Error Spotting
- Phrase Replacement
- Jumbled sentences
- Odd One out, etc.
These are some of the important topics that you should focus to prepare well for English in the IBPS PO 2020 exams.
Get More – IBPS PO Salary
English Language Preparation Tips for IBPS PO Prelims & Mains Exam
To prepare for English in IBPS PO 2020 exam, candidates follow the preparation methods given here.
- Grammar knowledge is the base to score in this section. So learn grammar topics such as tenses, voice, degrees of comparison, parts of speech, preposition, articles, conjunctions, etc. If you learn all the grammar topics thoroughly, then you are easily capable of scoring good marks in English.
- Develop the habit of reading daily newspapers, magazines, articles, etc. Build a strong knowledge of the vocabulary part.
- Take topic tests if you feel weaker in any particular topic.
- Check previous year question papers to learn the new model questions.
- For the IBPS PO mains English preparation, take more mains level mock tests. Only then you can pull off the difficult questions in the mains exam.
- In the mains exam, you should also prepare for the descriptive test. Practice fast typing without mistakes. Also, learn the format for the various types of letter writing and essays.
To prepare English for IBPS PO exam 2020, follow all these tips in your daily preparation schedule.
Some Useful IBPS PO English Strategies
- In the exam, first, try to attend simple topics. If you have good knowledge of grammar, you can finish the topics like error spotting, fillers, cloze test, phrase replacement, etc. very soon.
- For jumbled sentences, first read out all the sentences. Then try to rearrange the sentences, by using the links in the sentences. Develop your reading skills to complete this topic sooner.
- Many candidates will skip the reading comprehension topic. If you want to perform well on this topic, you should practice more. Also, read the articles on current issues, banking, economy, etc. So that with good reading skills, you can easily read the paragraph and interpret the necessary data smartly.
Candidates practice these strategies in your daily preparation. This is the correct way to prepare well for the English section in IBPS PO 2020 exam.