IBPS PO Mains
IBPS PO is one of the most wanted dream jobs for all the banking aspirants in India. Till now the official notification for this year has not been released. Candidates are waiting eagerly for the official notification to know the complete details about the IBPS PO recruitment 2019. The IBPS PO recruitment consists of a three-stage selection process. The three stages will be in the order of preliminary exam, mains exam and the personal interview. In these three stages of recruitment, the IBPS PO mains is the toughest task for the candidates to clear. In recent years the IBPS PO mains exam is known for its surprising pattern of high-level difficult questions which could easily make any candidate get nervous in the exam. Hard work, dedication, and well-planned preparation are necessary to crack this exam.
The official date for the IBPS PO mains exam is the 30th of November 2019 as announced by the IBPS earlier. So start your preparation as soon as possible to improve your rank among the huge competition all over the country.
IBPS PO Mains Exam Pattern:
The Mains exam has four sections namely Reasoning and Computer Aptitude, English Language, Data Analysis and Interpretation and General Economy & Banking Awareness. The total number of questions in this section is 155. Also, the total marks for this all four sections combined is 200. After finishing the above four sections you will have to attend a descriptive test in online mode in which you have to type an essay and letter writing in 30 minutes. Mostly every question in the reasoning and the aptitude sections will test your patience. So prepare with dedication for each section to crack this exam.
- Each section has a sectional time limit. If one section ends, automatically another section appears on the screen. But you cannot swap to another section before a section ends.
- The English language section has 35 questions to be completed in 40 minutes. The total marks awarded for this section is 40.
- Total number of questions in the reasoning section is 45 covering maximum marks of 60. The duration of this section is 60 minutes.
- The data analysis & interpretation section has 35 questions to be completed in 45 minutes. Total marks for this section is 60.
- The general economy & banking awareness section has 40 questions to be completed in 35 minutes. Also, the total marks for this section is 40.
- Negative marking is there for the IBPS PO mains exam. If you mark a wrong answer 1/4th of the marks will be reduced.
- The total time duration for the descriptive test is 30 minutes. The maximum marks for the descriptive test is 25.
- Including the descriptive test, the total marks for the mains exam is 225.
Mains Exam Pattern
|Name of the Test||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 minutes|
|English Language||35||40||40 minutes|
|Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||45 minutes|
|General Economy & Banking Awareness||40||40||35 minutes|
|Name of the Test||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|English Language (Letter Writing & Essay)||2||25||30 minutes|
Click Here for More Details About – IBPS PO Mains Exam Pattern
IBPS PO Mains Exam Syllabus:
Without knowing the complete syllabus you cannot plan your preparation efficiently. We have given you the complete updated IBPS PO Mains 2019 syllabus for your reference. with this, you can prepare your own study plan. We have covered all the new updates in the syllabus so that you may not miss any topic.
Table Showing Syllabus for IBPS PO Mains:
|Quantitative Aptitude||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||English Language||General Awareness|
|Simplification||Verbal Reasoning||Internet||Reading Comprehension||Financial Awareness|
|Percentage||Circular Seating Arrangement||Keyboard Shortcuts||Vocabulary||General Knowledge|
|Ratio and Percentage||Linear Seating Arrangement||Computer Abbreviation||Verbal Ability|
|Data Interpretation||Double Lineup||Microsoft Office|
|Mensuration and Geometry||Scheduling||Computer Hardware|
|Quadratic Equation||Input Output||Computer Software|
|Interest||Blood Relations||Operating System|
|Problems of Ages||Directions and Distances||Networking|
|Profit and Loss||Ordering and Ranking||Computer Fundamentals /Terminologies|
|Number Series||Data Sufficiency|
|Speed, Distance and Time||Coding and Decoding|
|Time and Work||Code Inequalities|
|Permutation and Combination|
|Mixture and Allegations|
Preparation Tips For IBPS PO Mains Exam 2019:
- English Language: For the English language section, reading daily newspapers regularly will improve your vocabulary skills. Also, develop your basic grammar knowledge to score more marks in topics like error spotting, cloze test, fillers, etc.
- Reasoning and Computer Aptitude: This section was tougher in recent years and made the candidates worry about their number of attempts in this section. So practice more new pattern puzzles and seating arrangements by referring the previous year question papers and our mock test packages.
- Data Analysis & Interpretation: For this section, you have to be aware of more fast calculation tricks and short cut techniques for each topic. Practice more high-level Pie charts, tabular DI, Caselet DI, missing DI, Bar charts and miscellaneous word problems to improve your marks in this section.
- General economy & Banking awareness: Prepare separate notes for current affairs, banking awareness and static GK. In this section with good practice, you can score more marks within a few minutes. This section was the game-changer in many recent exams. So focus this section with the utmost dedication to secure more marks. Attempt daily quizzes in our site to assess your preparation level.
- Descriptive Test: You have to improve your typing skills as you have to type a letter-writing and an essay. Before exam study more general essay topics and go through the formats of different letter writing topics.
Importance of IBPS PO Mains Mock Test:
The IBPS PO mains mock test will give you an idea about the real exam. By giving more full-length tests you can gain experience in handling tougher questions easily with a suitable way of approach. Also, you can improve your speed, accuracy and time management skills in a rapid manner. Also, you can find your weak topics in which you fail to score much. Analyze your mistakes after the test using detailed solutions. In this way of preparing with mock tests will surely give you the desired result soon.