Dear Aspirants, Our IBPS Guide team is providing new series of Reasoning Questions for IBPS PO Prelims 2021 so the aspirants can practice it on a daily basis. These questions are framed by our skilled experts after understanding your needs thoroughly. Aspirants can practice these new series questions daily to familiarize with the exact exam pattern and make your preparation effective.
Word based puzzle
Direction (1-4): Study the following information carefully and answer the below questions.
Eight letters are arranged from left to right in such a manner to form a meaningful word. All letters are different. The word contains three vowels and five consonants.
Letter M is placed third from one of the ends. The word contains neither first vowel nor last vowel in the alphabetical series. Three letters are placed between M and S which is placed exactly between the two vowels but none of them is O. R is placed third to the right of O but not placed adjacent to M. P and R are placed adjacent to each other. The second consonant in the alphabetical series placed immediate left of one of the vowels.
1) Which of the following letter is placed fourth from the right end?
A.The letter which is 3rd to the right of O
C.The letter which is 2nd to the left of I
E.None of these
2) Which of the following letter is placed second to the right of the letter which is immediate left of P?
3) As many letters to the left of O is same as to the right of ______?
A.The letter which is immediate left of E
C.The letter which is second to the left of R
E.None of these
4) In which of the following statement 3rd letter is placed exactly between 1stand 2ndletter in the final arrangement?
B.Only I and II
D.All I, II and III
E.None of these
Direction (5-6): Read both the conclusions and then decide which of the given conclusions logically follows from the given statements disregarding commonly known facts.
a)IfOnly conclusion I follows.
b)If Only conclusion II follows.
c)If either conclusion I or II follows.
d)If Neither conclusion I nor II follows.
e)If both conclusions I and II follow.
Only a few officers are Manager
All Managers are General Manager
No Manager is Clerk
I). All General Managers are clerks
II). All Officers can be General Manager
Few Cycles are Bikes
No Bike is Car
All Cars are Vans
I). Some Bikes are Van is a possibility
II). All Cycle can be a Car
7) If a four letter meaningful word can be formed by using the second, fourth, sixth and seventh letters of the word “JOURNAL” then what is the second letter from the left end of the newly formed word? Mark X as your answer if more than one word is formed. Mark Z if no meaningful word can be formed.
Direction (8-10): Study the following information carefully and answer the below questions
Point X is 20km north of point M which is 5km west of point G. Point Z is 15km east of point P which is 7km west of R. Point Y is north of R and East of Point X. point P 28km south of point G.
8) What is the direction of point G with respect to point R?
9) What is the shortest distance between Points Z and X?
E.Can’t be determined
10) If Point L lies between the points Y and R and is to the east of Point G, then what is the distance between the points L and M?
Directions (1-4) :
Letter M is placed third from one of the ends.
From the above condition, there are two possibilities.
Three letters are placed between M and S
Three letters are placed between M and S which is placed exactly between the two vowels but none of them is O.The word contains neither first vowel nor last vowel in the alphabetical series. So here only two possible vowels i.e. I and E
R is placed third to the right of O but not placed adjacent to M.
P and R are placed adjacent to each other.The second consonant in the alphabetical series placed immediate left of one of the vowels.
From the above two cases we get, COMPRESI, COMPRISE and ISECOMPR, ESICOMPR. But among thoseCOMPRISE only can give ameaningful word, so it will be our answer.
So the final arrangement will be,
1) Answer: A
2) Answer: B
3) Answer: A
4) Answer: B
5) Answer: B
Only conclusion II follows.
6) Answer: A
Only conclusion I follow
7) Answer: A
Directions (8-10) :
8) Answer: C
9) Answer: D
10) Answer: E