How to prepare the Reasoning section for IBPS PO 2020 is the most frequent question when it comes to bank PO exam preparation. Here we provide you the best preparation methods and strategies. The much-awaited IBPS PO 2020 notification is out already and the prelims exam will take place on 3, 10, 11 October 2020. We have given some impressive tips on how to effectively prepare Reasoning for the IBPS PO 2020 exam.
The IBPS PO 2020 recruitment released with 1167 vacancies have bought some hope for the aspirants waiting for the opportunities. With this good number of IBPS PO 2020 vacancy, the competition is going to be hectic. Logical Reasoning is an important section to score marks in the IBPS PO 2020 exams. Use the tips and strategies given below by our subject matter experts on how to prepare each topic of Logical Reasoning for IBPS PO 2020 prelims and mains exams.
Best Tips & Strategies to Prepare Reasoning for IBPS PO 2020
Weightage of Reasoning In IBPS PO 2020
Prelims, Mains, and interview are the 3 stages of IBPS PO 2020 recruitment. Candidates have to Prepare for logical reasoning in both prelims and mains exams. You can expect easy to moderate level of questions in the prelims stage. But in the mains stage, you will get moderate to high-level difficult questions in the majority. So you have to prepare according to the level of the exam. Here we have added the IBPS PO 2020 exam pattern for both prelims and mains exams.
|IBPS PO Prelims Exam Pattern|
|Section||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|Quantitative aptitude||35||35||20 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|IBPS PO Mains Exam Pattern
|Section||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|Reasoning & computer aptitude||45||60||60 minutes|
|English Language||35||40||40 minutes|
|Data interpretation & analysis||35||60||45 minutes|
|General economy & banking awareness||40||40||35 minutes|
|Descriptive test (Letter writing & Essay)||2||25||30 minutes|
- Weightage of Reasoning in IBPS PO prelims – 35% (35 marks out of 100).
- Weightage of Reasoning in IBPS PO mains – Nearly 27% (60 marks out of the total 225).
With a good amount of weightage, it is very important to prepare Reasoning with a dedication for the IBPS PO 2020 exam.
Get More – IBPS PO Eligibility
Reasoning Tips for IBPS PO Prelims Exam
List out all your weaker topics and prepare them with high dedication. Syllogism, inequalities, coding-decoding, direction sense, etc are the topics that you should be very strong at. In these topics, you should not make any mistakes. In such a way take more mock tests to improve your accuracy. These are the key topics for you to score a bulk amount of marks in a short time period. Then with the help of IBPS PO 2020 mock test practice, you can prepare from an exam point of view for puzzle and seating arrangement topics.
Tips to score 25+ in Reasoning Section of IBPS PO Prelims:
- In the Reasoning section of IBPS PO prelims, there are totally 35 questions. Make a strong preparation for all topics. Then you have to manage the time efficiently.
- In the exam, your first attempt should be the questions from the syllogism and inequality topics. From these topics, they may ask 5 to 10 questions combined. With the right amount of practice, you can score in all the questions
- Then come to coding-decoding. If you find the clue for the question within a minute you can solve all the 5 questions easily. For that, you have to learn many new patterns of questions. This will help you to find the clue easily for the difficult coding-decoding questions.
- Then come to alphanumeric series questions. Don’t be careless as this topic is easy. Solve each question with utmost concentration. About 3 to 5 questions are expected from this topic.
- After that, you can attend the direction sense questions in which 3 questions are expected. If you prepare with dedication and develop your reasoning skills you can get all 3 right in IBPS PO 2020 exam.
- Then go for the blood relation topic in which around 3 to 5 questions are expected. The questions will be of a moderate level. So if you practice according to that you can get full marks on this topic.
- Then attend the order and ranking topic. With this topic, you can score 3 to 5 marks easily.
- At last, give a try for 1 or 2 puzzles and seating arrangement questions. Practice more moderate to difficult level puzzles.
With the help of the IBPS PO Prelims mock test, you can try this strategy. You can see good results. Or else you can make a few changes in this strategy as per your strength. This is the best way to prepare reasoning for the IBPS PO 2020 prelims exam.
IBPS PO Reasoning Tips for Mains Exam
For IBPS PO 2020 mains exam, also, you can prepare and approach the reasoning section in the same way. But target the high-level difficult questions from all the topics.
- Make your preparation for previous year IBPS PO mains question papers.
- Practice doing the hard level questions with ease.
- Daily solve at least 4 to 6 difficult puzzle sets.
- For all the easier topics like syllogism, coding-decoding, etc, practice the new pattern difficult question.
Our IBPSGUIDE team has done a great job in preparing quality books for Seating arrangement and Puzzles. These Ultimate Book series will be a perfect study material to prepare for the IBPS PO 2020 mains exams. Also, we have added some reasoning books for your effective preparation.
Best Books to Prepare IBPS PO Reasoning Section
|Name of Reasoning Book||Publication||Author|
|A New Approach to Logical Reasoning||Arihant Publication||B.S. Sijwali + Indu Sijwali|
|A modern approach to Verbal Reasoning||S. Chand Publication||R.S Agarwal|
|Verbal Reasoning||S. Chand Publication||R.S. Aggarwal|