IBPS PO Recruitment 2018
Every year the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection conducts IBPS PO bank exam to recruit Probationary Officers in public sector banks. IBPS provides recruitment services to all the Public-Sector banks and regular member banks of IBPS society. IBPS was started Common Written Examination in 2011 to select officers and clerks in Public Sector Banks. It accepts online applications through its official website for registration of the examination.
IBPS PO exam is held at various locations across India and the mode of examination is online. There are total 4252 pots for Probationary Officers and Management Trainee Posts by Institute of Banking Personnel Selection. Make sure that you meet the eligibility criteria. Those online applications will not be considered if they do not cater with the eligibility criteria. Read the official notification carefully.
IBPS PO Recruitment 2018 – Important Dates
|IBPS PO 2018 Recruitment Event||Dates|
|Availability of IBPS PO Online Application Form||14.08.2018|
|Last date of Online Application Form||04.09.2018|
|Download of call letters for online examination – Preliminary||October 2018|
|Online Examination – Preliminary|| 13.10.2018, 14.10.2018,
20.10.2018 and 21.10.2018
|Result of Online exam – Preliminary||October/ November 2018|
|Download of Call letter for Online exam – Mains||November 2018|
|Online Examination – Mains||18.11.2018|
|Declaration of Result – Mains||December 2018|
|Download of call letters for interview||January 2019|
|Conduct of interview||January / February 2019|
Eligibility Criteria for IBPS PO
Nationality / Citizenship:
The candidates who are applying for the above post should meet the following nationality citizenship criteria:
- Should be a citizen of India
- A subject of Nepal or Bhutan
- Any Tibetan Refugee who came to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanent settlement
- Person of Indian Origin who has migrated from Burma, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Vietnam or East African countries of Zaire, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Ethiopia, Malawi, with the intention of permanent settlement in India.
The candidates who belong to category 2, 3, 4 must have a certificate of eligibility issued by the Govt of India in their favour.
The candidate must be minimum 20 years and maximum 30 years to apply for the Probationary post.
|Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe||5 years|
|OBC Non-Creamy Layer||3 years|
|Persons with Disabilities (PWD)||10 years|
|Ex-Servicemen (Army personnel)||5 years|
|Widows/Divorced Women||9 years|
|Persons with Domicile of Jammu &Kashmir during the period of 1-1-1980 to 31-12-1989||5 years|
|Persons affected by 1984 riots||5 years|
|Regular Employees of Union Carbide Factory, Bhopal|
|retrenched from service(for MP state Only)||5 years|
The minimum educational qualification is any Graduation degree in any stream from a University recognized by the Government of India. In addition, the percentage of marks obtained in Graduation should be mentioned at time of registration for the IBPS Bank PO examination. The candidate must possess knowledge in computer operation as the exam will be online. He/She should have good verbal, written proficiency in the official language of the State/UT. The candidate should be able to read, write and speak the language.
The candidate must pass the three phases to get select for Probationary post. These three phases are as follows:
Let us take a glance on these three phases:
- Prelims: The Prelims exam comprises of an online test consisting of 3 sections namely English language, Quantitative Aptitude and Logical Reasoning. The total time allotted for the exam is 1 hour. There are total 100 questions.
- Mains: The candidates who pass Prelims exam will attend Mains exam. It is also an online test comprising of 4 sections that are English language, Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning, General Knowledge and Computer Knowledge. The total time allotted for the exam is 140 minutes. There are total 200 questions.
- The final phase of selection is interview. The minimum marks required for the interview is 40%(35% for reserved category candidates). This round is conducted by the participating bank organizations in each state.
- General Category – RS. 600/-
- SC/ ST/ PWD – RS. 100/-
How to Apply for IBPS PO Recruitment 2018?
Please follow these instructions to fill the online application for IBPS PO 2018:
- Visit the official website- ibps.in and click on the Home Page to open the link “CRP PO/MT”.
- Then, click on the option titled “CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE FOR CRPPROBATIONARY OFFICERS/ MANAGEMENT TRAINEES (CRP-PO/MT-VIII)” to open the On-Line Application Form.
- Next, click on “CLICK HERE FOR NEW REGISTRATION” to register the application by entering thebasic information.
- Upload your photograph, signature, left thump impression and hand-written declaration.
- Make Payment through the ONLINE mode only.
- Click on the “FINAL SUBMIT” button
- After registering online, the candidates have to take a printout of their system generated online application forms.