IBPS PO Eligibility Criteria 2020: IBPS PO 2020 official notification has been released in for PO posts. A total of 1167 vacancies have been released this year. Before applying for the IBPS PO exam, you must ensure that you fulfil all the eligibility criteria such as age limit, minimum percentage requires, educational qualification and other important details.
The three most important IBPS PO eligibility criteria are age, nationality (or citizenship), and educational qualification. You are not eligible to apply for the IBPS PO exam if you do not fulfil any one of the criteria mentioned above. Also mention the correct information related to age, nationality and educational qualification as you have to submit the pertained documents at the time of the document verification process. Here we have furnished complete details about IBPS PO eligibility criteria. We have also mentioned the age relaxation details for the candidates belonging to various categories, ex-servicemen, persons affected by 1984 riots, etc. Please check the full details below.
IBPS PO Eligibility Criteria 2020
Below mentioned eligibility criteria are must to apply for the IBPS PO 2020 exams.
IBPS PO Nationality
A candidate must be either –
(i) a Citizen of India or
(ii) a subject of Nepal or
(iii) a subject of Bhutan or
(iv) a Tibetan Refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or
(v) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India, provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) & (v) above shall be a person in whose favor a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
IBPS PO Age Limit
- Minimum: 20 years
- Maximum: 30 years
i.e. A candidate must have been born not earlier than 02.08.1989 and not later than 01.08.1999 (both dates are included)
Age Relaxation Details:
|Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe||5 years|
|OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)||3 years|
|Persons with Disabilities (PWD)||10 years|
|Persons with Domicile of Jammu & Kashmir during the period of 1-1-1980 to 31-12-1989||5 years|
|Persons affected by 1984 riots||5 years|
Candidates in need of age relaxation should provide the relevant certificates asked at any stage of the recruitment. Also if candidates provide false documents their candidature is rejected.
IBPS PO Educational Qualifications
- Candidates must possess a bachelor’s degree in any discipline/stream from a recognized University or its any equivalent.
- Therefore the candidate must possess a valid mark-sheet / degree certificate, that must be submitted during the document verification process. So don’t give any false/wrong details and be in trouble.
- The date on the mark sheet/provisional certificate, issued by the university will be considered as the date of passing.
- All the educational qualifications mentioned should be from a University/ Institution/ Board recognized by Govt. Of India/ approved by Govt. Regulatory Bodies.
In addition, If any university provides a web-based certificate or the result, then the candidate must submit the relevant original document or a certificate signed by the college/ university authority.
Percentage Calculation under Educational Qualification Criteria:
- Total marks obtained must be divided by the aggregate marks and multiplied by 100 to get the final percentage of the candidate.
- The value in percentage must be filled up to two decimal places.
Also Check: IBPS PO Apply Online Link
IBPS PO 2020 Eligibility for PWD Candidates
Under section 34 of “The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016”, persons with benchmark disabilities are eligible for Reservation. The reserved categories of disabilities mentioned under this Act are namely:
- Blindness and low vision.
- Deaf and hard of hearing.
- Locomotor disability including cerebral palsy, leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid attack victims and muscular dystrophy.
- Autism, specific learning disability, intellectual disability, and mental illness.
- In addition, Multiple disabilities from amongst persons mentioned above.
Guidelines for persons with Benchmark Disabilities using a Scribe
For visually impaired candidates and the candidates whose writing speed is affected can use scribe according to the guidelines of IBPS PO eligibility norms.
- The candidates can arrange their own scribe at their own cost.
- The scribe can be from any academic stream.
- Both the candidate as well as the scribe, are required to submit a valid undertaking confirming that the scribe meets all the required eligibility criteria for a scribe. Or else the IBPS may cancel the candidature of the applicant.
- The candidates with the scribe are eligible for the compensatory time of 20 minutes for every hour of the exam.
- The scribe should not be a candidate of the IBPS PO exam. Or else the IBPS will cancel the candidature of both.
- In addition, Candidates eligible and wish to have a scribe must clearly indicate the same in the application form. The IBPS will not accept any subsequent requests.
- Only the candidates registered for the compensatory time are allowed to take the benefit. so if the candidates not applied for it, then the compensatory time is not given.
Guidelines for persons with Locomotor Disability and Cerebral Palsy
IBPS PO eligibility criteria state that a compensatory time of 20 minutes per hour is allowed. This is only for the persons affected with a minimum of 40% impairment.
Guidelines for Persons with Visual Impairment
- The candidates with a minimum of 40% visual impairment are allowed to view the test in the magnified font. Also, they are eligible for the compensatory time of 20 minutes per hour
- In addition, the visually impaired candidates who have a scribe are not allowed to view the test in the magnified font.
Guidelines for Persons with Intellectual Disability
IBPS PO eligibility criteria state that a compensatory time of 20 minutes per hour is allowed. This is only for the persons affected with a minimum of 40% intellectual disability (either having a scribe or not) such as autism, mental illness, and specific learning disability.
IBPS PO 2020 Eligibility Criteria- FAQs
Q: What is the minimum percentage to apply for IBPS PO?
A: You must have secured a minimum of 50% in the graduation degree.
Q: Can I apply for IBPS PO after 12th?
A: No. A graduation degree is must to apply for IBPS PO exam. So complete a degree.
Q: Does IBPS PO recruitment has a group discussion round?
A: No. The personal interview is the final round of the IBPS PO recruitment.
Q: Is computer knowledge a must for applying for IBPS PO?
A: The mode of exam is online. Therefore, you must have the basic knowledge of working in computers for applying for IBPS PO.
Q: Can a final year student apply for the IBPS PO exam?
A: Yes, you can apply if you fulfill the age criteria(20 to 30 years). But after clearing the exam you must have a graduate degree from any recognized university.
Q: I am 32 years old and belong to the SC category. Am I eligible for filling the IBPS PO online application form?
A: Yes, you have age relaxation for 5 years. So you can still apply.
Q: Can I fill the IBPS PO online application form when my graduation final year result is awaiting?
A: No, you can’t apply. So wait for the result declaration.
Q: I belong to the OBC category as per state norms, but it is not in the central list. What should I mention in the registration form?
A: In this case, you will come under the general category.
Q: I am an Arts graduate. Am I eligible for filling the IBPS PO online application form?
A: Yes, any graduate degree holder can apply for the IBPS PO exam.
Q: I have a gap of 4 years in my academic career. Am I eligible for applying to IBPS PO?
A: As long as you fulfill your age criteria you can apply for the IBPS PO.
Q: I belong to Nepal. Do I need to produce some eligibility certificate for applying to IBPS PO?
A: Yes, you must produce the certificate of eligibility produced by the government of India.
Q: Is there any limit on the number of attempts for IBPS PO?
A: There is no such limits on the number of attempts. As long as you fulfill the age criteria you can apply for the IBPS PO till then.
Q: What is the minimum percentage in the qualifying exam to apply for IBPS PO?
A: There is no such condition. So. if you have passed your degree, you can apply for the IBPS PO.