Dear Aspirants, Our IBPS Guide team is providing a new series of Computer Awareness Questions for IBPS RRB PO/Clerk Mains 2019 so the aspirants can practice it on a daily basis. These questions are framed by our skilled experts after understanding your needs thoroughly. Aspirants can practice these new series questions daily to familiarize with the exact exam pattern and make your preparation effective.
1) In the Microsoft Office, Spelling & Grammar tool is located under which among the following tabs?
a) Reference Tab
b) View Tab
c) Insert Tab
d) Home Tab
e) Review Tab
2) If you want to create a formula in MS Excel you need to start the same with __________.
e) Other than those given in options
3) In MS word, opening the file menu using the key combination of Alt + F is known as_______.
a) Function key
b) Cursor control key
c) Alto-function key
d) Hot key
e) None of the above
4) For MS Access interface, which among the following versions of MS Windows introduced backstage view access?
a) Windows XP
b) Windows 2003
c) Windows 2007
d) Windows 2010
e) Windows 2016
5) In MS excel, conditional formatting option is available under___________.
d) Page layout
6) The default column width of MS Excel is __________.
e) None of the above
7) In MS Word we can force a page break by____________.
a) By positioning your cursor at the appropriate place and pressing the F1 key
b) By positioning your cursor at the appropriate place and pressing Ctrl + Enter
c) By using the Insert/Section Break
d) By changing the font size of your document
e) None of these
8) Which of the following is not a part of Microsoft Office?
9) __________ can be used to move text or graphic in MS-Word.
10) In MS Excel, what is the number of worksheets contained in a workbook (by default)?
e) There is no definite number
1) Answer: e)
Spelling & Grammar tool is located under the Proofing group of Review Tab.
The tools in the Review Tab helps to improve the document. It contains the following control groups and keys.
- Proofing Group (Spelling & Grammar, Thesaurus, Autocorrect, word count)
- Comments Group (Add new comment, show comment, Delete comment)
- Tracking Group (Track changes, Simple mark-up, Review pane)
- Changes Group (Accept or Reject changes)
- Compare Group (Comparing the documents)
- Protect Group (Restrict editing, Block Authors)
2) Answer: c)
A formula is an expression which calculates the value of a cell.
In excel, a formula is written as: = sign followed by the formula/function.
3) Answer: d)
Hotkeys are combinations of keys that when pressed at the same time let you quickly access/open menus using only your keyboard. A hotkey consists of the Alt key combined with another key (usually a letter). This second key is specific to each menu and is usually indicated by an underlined letter in the menu name. In the example below, the hotkey for the File menu would be Alt-F, for the Tools menu Alt-T, for the Styles menu Alt-S and for the Help menu Alt-H. When you press the hotkeys, the corresponding menu is opened.
4) Answer: c)
Windows 2007 introduced backstage view access. Microsoft Access is a database management system (DBMS) from Microsoft that combines the relational Microsoft Jet Database Engine with a graphical user interface and software-development tools. It is a member of the Microsoft Office suite of applications, included in the Professional and higher editions or sold separately. Microsoft Access stores data in its own format based on the Access Jet Database Engine. It can also import or link directly to data stored in other applications and databases.
5) Answer: a)
Conditional formatting allows you to automatically apply formatting – such as colours, icons, and data bars – to one or more cells based on the cell value. To do this, you’ll need to create a conditional formatting rule. For example, a conditional formatting rule might be: If the value is less than $2000, colour the cell red. By applying this rule, you’d be able to quickly see which cells contain values less than $2000.
6) Answer: b)
The vertical blocks in a worksheet are known as the column. The default width is 8.43 for a column in MS Excel. MS Excel allows users to organize, format and calculate data with formulas using a spreadsheet system.
7) Answer: b)
A ‘page break’ happens by positioning your cursor at the appropriate place and pressing Ctrl + Enter. It is a marker in an electronic document that tells the document interpreter that the content which follows is part of a new page.
8) Answer: c)
Microsoft Office is an office suite of desktop applications, servers and services for the Microsoft Windows and OS X operating systems. It was first announced by Bill Gates of Microsoft on August 1, 1988 at COMDEX in Las Vegas. MS office primarily includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook. It also includes OneNote, Groove, InfoPath and Publisher.
9) Answer: d)
F2 Function key can be used for Move text or graphic in MS-Word.
F5-Go to Command
F4- Repeat the last action
F10-Show key tips
F7- spell and grammar check
10) Answer: b)
A new workbook contains only three worksheets, namely, Sheet 1, Sheet 2 and Sheet 3, by default. You can rename your worksheets at any point according to your requirements. These are used to maintain your data regarding something related within the same workbook so that you do not require browsing through a lot of workbooks for the similar kind of data or related data.